HOW TO: Increase FPS/Lag Less

"
Xendran wrote:

As much as i love the actual aesthetic of the game, the only reason for this is because D3 is cartoony and Grim Dawn isn't out yet. PoE has very few textures that i'd consider to be high detail.

Yes, and? It still has the highest texture quality at the moment as i said (and you also) for this type of games. Not sure about grim down, it's not that noticeable from screenshots to tell you the truth and it will be very close in comparation, but that game is not even in alpha yet, and will not come out for some time.

Edit: In fact looking at the grim dawn right now, textures are not more detailed at all compared to PoE, and you can see it even if the screenshoots are not zoomed in, but than again it still to early and not yet in alpha.
Last edited by Ragnar119 on Mar 18, 2013, 6:51:56 AM
"
DuyPham wrote:

WARNING; GRAPHICS WILL LOOK SOMEWHAT LIKE RUNESCAPE

I actually only just read this and laughed.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
"
Xendran wrote:
PoE has very few textures that i'd consider to be high detail.

This. It's not some staggeringly amazing work of art graphically. Game looks ok zoomed out from afar but as soon as you zoom in the ugliness in a lot of the textures quickly shows. You can actually drop down to Medium and the difference isn't that great.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on Path of Exile in the slightest, I just don't consider it to be some highly advanced graphical masterpiece. Regardless of its genre.
Last edited by Lifeshield on Mar 18, 2013, 7:19:33 AM
"
DuyPham wrote:
"I found this out yesterday, and it actually helps an insane amount. Before, in 6-man groups, I was dropping to <5 FPS fairly regularly. Now, I generally don't drop any less than 25.
Keep in mind that doing this will make the game look absolutely awful.
Step 1: Find "production_Config.ini". It should be in your C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile folder, otherwise just search for it.
Step 2: Open the INI and look for "texture_quality=1"
Step 3: Change the number to your desired texture quality.
1=high
2=medium
3=low
4=very low
Restart your game and enjoy your terrible looking lag-free experience.
EDIT: Screenshots:
"Low" settings (3): http://i.imgur.com/CClTby9.jpg
"Very Low" settings (4): http://i.imgur.com/JpWx4U2.jpg"

WARNING; GRAPHICS WILL LOOK SOMEWHAT LIKE RUNESCAPE

CREDITS TO REDDIT USER: AngryAmuse

Runescape.....hahaha I lawl'd lmao.
I have another one. I played on a Intel dual core 2.4ghz and for me to have stablezied ping required....

1. everything turn off.
2. And number 2, the most imporant that people forget, is resolution. Higher effects offers so much detail that running window ( and resizing as small as you need it to go .. ) is one of the last attempts to run the game.

This way you can still have normal particle effects but just a smaller screen. Playing in a 6 man group with auras + zombies still maybe tough with my steps, but it's diffidently doable.

again, turn EVERYTHING to off, or the lowest possible settings, then run window mode and resize it until you stop lagging.
"
ciknay wrote:
"
AintCare wrote:
nice find,

to the mod that is just waiting to remove my comment:

I am commenting to save this to my recents! do NOT remove this post

Why would a mod remove your comment?

Unless you intentionally ignore the forum rules, then nothing will be removed.

Because AintCare is a troll who never contributes anything to the forum other than troll posts. Have a look at his post history.

thank you dude!
I am a warrior. I was born to fight and death is my brother. I do not fear him. I see him in the eyes of the men and beasts that I kill. I feel him traveling beside me to this new land, this Wraeclast. He will take me to meet the ancestors when I am ready, and I am not ready.
I'm glad finally runescape players can enjoy this game
Increased fps in city, in party still <5 fps.
I love how the devs/developers of this game never even told us about this, pretty pathetic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info