HOW TO: Increase FPS/Lag Less

how do u lower graphics for mac version :D?
it work, but the graphic is so ugly :(
Cant wait to play with these lovely graphics <3
Spoiler

I am alone with this retarded lag ? its literaly unplayble
Last edited by kille142 on Aug 12, 2015, 4:22:21 PM
Has anyone ever encountered this weird situation?

With all else being equal, an increase in texture quality gave me higher FPS according to the ingame FPS monitor.

With texture quality at 4, or runescape standard, my FPS sitting in Highgate and my HO is roughly 50-60.

With texture quality at 1, my FPS sitting in the same places are above 100.

What's going on?

I have a potato PC, 8gb ram and intel onboard graphics.
Just for reference on mac production_Config.ini is located at ~/Documents/My\ Games/Path\ of\ Exile/
One interesting observation from mac is that putting app in background temp increases FPS ... looks like some weird bug in game.
"
mercur1al wrote:
Has anyone ever encountered this weird situation?

With all else being equal, an increase in texture quality gave me higher FPS according to the ingame FPS monitor.

With texture quality at 4, or runescape standard, my FPS sitting in Highgate and my HO is roughly 50-60.

With texture quality at 1, my FPS sitting in the same places are above 100.

What's going on?

I have a potato PC, 8gb ram and intel onboard graphics.

Quality 4 Graphics is lowest and 1 is highest from what i'm seeing.

what's even more strange is that I can swear that setting 1 & 4 just reversed on me.
Last edited by m0nsterbeats on Mar 30, 2017, 8:09:13 PM
"
DuyPham wrote:

"I found this out yesterday, and it actually helps an insane amount. Before, in 6-man groups, I was dropping to <5 FPS fairly regularly. Now, I generally don't drop any less than 25.
Keep in mind that doing this will make the game look absolutely awful.
Step 1: Find "production_Config.ini". It should be in your C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile folder, otherwise just search for it.
Step 2: Open the INI and look for "texture_quality=1"
Step 3: Change the number to your desired texture quality.
1=high
2=medium
3=low
4=very low
Restart your game and enjoy your terrible looking lag-free experience.
EDIT: Screenshots:
"Low" settings (3): http://i.imgur.com/CClTby9.jpg
"Very Low" settings (4): http://i.imgur.com/JpWx4U2.jpg"

WARNING; GRAPHICS WILL LOOK SOMEWHAT LIKE RUNESCAPE

CREDITS TO REDDIT USER: AngryAmuse

or u could I don't know stop using a outdated video card that is older than you are and go buy a big boi card. that works too

EDIT: The numbers can exceed 4. And lowest is 0.

Free Ads (If anyone wants free Ads let me know. Ex; for your shop)

As I put in a quote to this other guy, its a simple answer, you just go buy a better video card. I mena yea its gonna cost you a bit but you cant expct to play current or future games on a pc without a GOOD video card. no tweaks, no fixes, no ghetto rigs will fix that fact which is if your on a trash video card you will get trash graphics. that's the truth of the matter

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info