Diablo 4: will you buy it?

Of course I'll buy it. If for no other reason than Blizzard basically created the ARPG genre.

When I first played D3 I hated the initial feel, the cartoon-like characters. So I just quit. I went back after a few years and played through the initial turn off and decided that it was good. Smoothest and most polished game I ever played. After playing a bunch of different builds, I got bored.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
xMustard wrote:

yeah theres truth in that.

honestly the whole world is fked up, everywhere i look theres immorality, injustice, i mean... sure it sucks, i feel it in my heart every day.

but its not my fault, and nothing i can do will really make a difference. People turn their nose up at that, but its true.

me boycotting d4 is not going to bring down china, or blizzard, or even be noticed by anyone. its not my fault chinas situation exists, i didnt ask for any of this, it wasnt even my choice that i exist at all, all i know is im here and soon ill be dead, somewhere between there its probably an idea to have a bit of fun. i think if no ones having fun weve done a disservice to whatever life is, someones got to smile or nothing weve done as a species matters.

"
Boem wrote:

yeah theres truth in that too. but theres also an aspect where this game exists and continues to generate money because of those freeloaders right? the game is built around a trading community, just by being a part of the games community through trade or the forums or any interactions your doing your part to provide the environment needed for the game to flourish. so a big yes and a little no i think.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
me boycotting d4 is not going to bring down china, or blizzard, or even be noticed by anyone. its not my fault chinas situation exists, i didnt ask for any of this, it wasnt even my choice that i exist at all, all i know is im here and soon ill be dead, somewhere between there its probably an idea to have a bit of fun. i think if no ones having fun weve done a disservice to whatever life is, someones got to smile or nothing weve done as a species matters.

The way I see it, that's a matter of conscience, not numbers. If everyone is littering, should you toss that paper in the trash or on the street, even though you know either way will make no difference?

So, it's a choice between feeling bad for doing something you perceive as wrong and having fun because you did it, and feeling good but having no fun. It's a choice nobody can make for you, but I'll note the possibility you might end up having fun with something else. Is that a risk worth taking? No idea.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 2, 2019, 7:21:01 PM
I got my angles covered.

I play SSF and my forum participation has dropped from 15 posts a day to roughly 5 posts in a week.

I'm on my way out, conciously, not that i will stop playing entirelly but my actions convey my intent so im happy with that.

Thinking you should do something that feels bad because everybody else is doing it has never been a line of reasoning that compelled me. It seems highly demoralizing and hollows out the soul as far as i can tell.

Like raics is pointing at, doing the thing you believe to be right and the thing that fuels your core should be paramount, because if we reverse it and consider other people are behaving in a similar fashion then you are correct and nothing will change.

If 80% of the people littering do it because those other people are doing it then they might as well be convinced by somebody not littering that comes along.

Everybody needs to think for themselves if they want to lead by example or be led.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Hey Exiles, please keep the discussion in this thread on-topic and keep the Code of Conduct in mind when posting.
If it was a movie I'd be hyped. Not holding my breath for the gameplay.
well i replied to you guys but apparently were not allowed to have a perfectly civil and respectful talk about morality on these forums without some absurd censorship coming in and deleting my entire post rather than editing out what was probably 1 or 2 lines that somehow stray into 'political' thinking.

so ya, whatever, no discussion allowed.

pathetic.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
well i replied to you guys but apparently were not allowed to have a perfectly civil and respectful talk about morality on these forums without some absurd censorship coming in and deleting my entire post rather than editing out what was probably 1 or 2 lines that somehow stray into 'political' thinking.

so ya, whatever, no discussion allowed.

pathetic.

Morality is philosophy and philosophy is the foundation of most politics.

With the current ToS we cant talk about much what drives us or makes up our worldview, it's entirely contrary to "community building".

Another good reason why im not inclined to spend additional money.

Have a good one Snorkle, i think we fundamentally agree about the complexity of the issue and that a pragmatic solution on an individual level is required, fundamentally i think i lean more to the side of considering the individuals actions significant because i tend to believe in the world as a network where an individual can have an effect on nodes adjacent to itself which can multiply over the full network.
And if not the full network, a substantive radius.

Maybe i'm just a hopeless optimist which i think is not a bad trait given the bombardment of negative data people are subject to nowadays.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I'll buy it for sure, just not at release. I'll wait for the price to drop and the game to be polished; maybe I'll even wait for a GOTY edition.
It's not like there aren't any other games out there.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
I was smart enough to avoid D3, I'll be smart enough to avoid D4. Modern Blizzard is nothing more than a few suits forcing devs to make games for the "wider audience" at the cost of anything that would appeal to the niches that loved their old games.
My name is Kro and I'm an eternal casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info