Diablo 4: will you buy it?

i'll buy it, it's diablo.
it looks to me like they took diablo 3, improved it a little and called it d4.
i doubt it will blow my mind. poe 4.0 will be better for sure.
i wonder if the two will coincide.
sp
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Nov 1, 2019, 9:30:05 PM
"
DieAbolicaL wrote:

i wonder if the two will coincide.

i feel like ur probably looking at 3 years for diablo 4, id be extremely surprised if its less than 2.
Blizzard says it is not coming out soon "even by Blizzard standards". That means years and years folks. Soon in Blizzard time is two or three years.
Censored.
i would say were probably looking at poe 5.0 being the thing that goes up against D4, we may even see 5.0 come out first.
Unless reviews say that the game is utter trash, I will buy it. It's Diablo after all.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
i mean its only gonna be like $50? Spent far more on PoE. Who cares if it sucks I will stop playing it.
IGN: DabrixRN
Okay so let me get this straight.

A week ago most of the gaming community hated Blizzard, even closed their accounts, because the company literally supports the communist chinese government (which doesnt afraid to kill people if they riot).

How is that not the case now? How can people forgot so soon? Just because a game comes out is it okay to murder people?

"
dehogynem wrote:
Okay so let me get this straight.

A week ago most of the gaming community hated Blizzard, even closed their accounts, because the company literally supports the communist chinese government (which doesnt afraid to kill people if they riot).

How is that not the case now? How can people forgot so soon? Just because a game comes out is it okay to murder people?

Its blizzard fanboy blood.

I bought full price d3, ros and necromancer pack, i knew what i was getting and i got my fun out of it.

But looking at d4 I can't see anything new, d3 was something new and different compared to d2, d4 brings nothing new to table but hype. More of the same under new graphics.

Blizzard are masters of appealing to the masses and they know it. Their pr department is probably bigger than coding one. They can make as many mistakes as they want over year, but they know if they do one blizzcon right, they will recoup the losses and cash in on returning fans.

Game is dumbed down to 3 main stats (atk/def/hp) with mediocre effects that dont change gameplay on so far shown uniques. Runes are reintroduced from d2, amount of skill is pretty much the same as in d3 seeing the empty spaces in interface, talents are mediocre % boosts that don't come even close to poe keystones.

Gameplay and graphics look really nice, but what I see from it all is that new blizzard lacks the spirit of innovation, instead they are giving out to the masses and going in with a broad net to fish more people in and disregarding the loyal fanbase.

Also as someone mentioned, story is nonsensical, lilith is portrayed as villain, but she created the world of sanctuary and basically everyone is her children in there, so it makes no sense that she would be a final boss, as she separated herself from loyalty to hell or heaven, someone correct me if i am wrong.

I really want d4 to succeed, but from what I've seen so far I'm thoroughly disappointed. Maybe I have too high expectations, maybe poe gave me much more than other games, but I wasn't sold on the idea.

If we count how many times did poe innovate the genre with its leagues, bringing new things to the table, and then we count blizzard, blizzard with all of their games didn't offer so many new things, yet here we are, everyone determined to preorder the game based on 90 mins of gameplay, trailer and gameplay trailer.

I hope my opinion changes once we have more info, otherwise im sticking to borderlands2/3, poe and grim dawn.

I dont have any expectation for other people, and I dont mind them buying blizzard games, they pay for their fun, which means blizzard did they job well for them. I simply have different criteria.

edit: would love if anyone could point me out one innovative new thing that arpgs didnt have but d4 introduced, i'll wait until end of blizzcon, because I didnt see a single new mechanic in the genre
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Nov 2, 2019, 5:21:39 AM
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
Btw, what makes Lilith so scary? She's the daughter of Mephisto. Sure she (co-)created Sanctuary, but we've already defeated each of the PRIME Evils, then all 3 of them together, then all of them together + Malthael. How's she gonna top that?

That's a pretty good point actually... I honestly don't see any reason for her to be malicious towards sanctuary. It is the world SHE helped to create, all of humanity are descendants of her offspring. It would make NO sense to have her be a threat to humanity. If anything, she'd much more likely openly rebel against both hell (for punishing her) and heaven (for taking away Inarius).
The only way I can see Lilith as an "evil" being towards sanctuary in the Diablo universe is if she were to take the fight against angels and demons to sanctuary itself. Which wouldn't make any sense. The is literally an entire plane of existence dedicated to eternal conflict in the lore. There is no reason for her to bring conflict to THE VERY WORLD SHE CREATED.

The more I think about it, the less sense all of this makes, unless they do some serious retconning.

On top of that, note that the white-faced guy who revived her is Rathma (yes, that Rathma, who founded the Necromancers). He's her son yes, but according to the lore he hates his parents. Plus he's a first generation Nephalem, which means he really ought to be way stronger than her. Which means ... oh god, now I'm getting Star Wars vibes ... '-_-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info