Diablo 4: will you buy it?

After how Diablo 3 was dissapointing, I will wait a couple of months before buying it, I might even wait 1 or 2 year. If it end being buggy (error 34), unbalanced and filled with crappy design I'm gonna pass. Plus there is PoE 4.0.0 that is around the corner, if GGG deliver something amazing I'll probably won't even buy Diablo 4. I believe Blizzard isn't as good as it used to be.

But that's just me, how about you? WIll you buy it? what's your opinion on Diablo 4?
Last edited by diablofdb on Nov 1, 2019, 3:21:08 PM
Last bumped on Dec 3, 2019, 7:30:59 PM
Yeah based on what i saw i will def give it a go just not on launch, ill w8 3 -6 months or so and then buy it.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
I bought D3 at launch. I even bought the expansion at release, hoping vainly that it would fix the problems.

I will make no such mistake with D4. The gameplay trailer just looked like the original D3 gameplay trailer. Which I remember being exciting. Then the game was shit.

With that said, if it ends up being totally kickass, yeah I'll play it later (I actually wasn't going to after the Blitzchung incident, but then they gave him his prize money back which was the seriously criminal move in the first place). But the #1 thing they have to fix to get me back is the itemization. The shitty MMO itemization of D3 is absolutely unacceptable. The idea that no unique below max level is usable and that spell damage scales with weapon damage no matter what weapon that is is incredibly fucking embarrassing.

The fact that they focused so much on the dark gothic feel and spent literally no time at all talking about their absolute failure to design interesting items makes me... not optimistic. Blizzard devs in 2019 don't understand how items work if they aren't designed for MMOs.
Last edited by codetaku on Nov 1, 2019, 3:31:49 PM
D3's first gameplay footage here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q17FDfU7-ds

Is the game I'll be waiting for. Don't see that with the current version of D3, or the released gameplay footage of D4, unfortunately.

Edit: If I see more gameplay footage, I could definitely change my mind. But at this point, it's a no.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Nov 1, 2019, 3:39:02 PM
yeah ill buy it. i bought d1 on launch, was awesome, d2, was even more awesomer, d3... yeah... and then the expansion and it got a bit better and a bit worse in different ways...

look, im a big arpg fan, have been for as long as arpgs have existed, the price of a game is nothing to me. D3 cost me £30. ok, i mean ive gone out raving in my 20s for a weekend without sleep, clubs, parties, taxis, pizzas, getting smashed and spent £300 over the space of 48 hours, and i cant even remember it because ive done that so many times and been so blasted out of my tree that now at the age of 37 ive got some random still frames of moments in my head from these things i did 10+ years ago. I dont regret a thing about those days or the money spent.

am i gonna get a good weekends play out of d4 at a minimum? yeah for sure right? how much will it cost me? £30? £45? whatever man, I ordered a curry the other night that cost more than that.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
yeah ill buy it. i bought d1 on launch, was awesome, d2, was even more awesomer, d3... yeah... and then the expansion and it got a bit better and a bit worse in different ways...

look, im a big arpg fan, have been for as long as arpgs have existed, the price of a game is nothing to me. D3 cost me £30. ok, i mean ive gone out raving in my 20s for a weekend without sleep, clubs, parties, taxis, pizzas, getting smashed and spent £300 over the space of 48 hours, and i cant even remember it because ive done that so many times and been so blasted out of my tree that now at the age of 37 ive got some random still frames of moments in my head from these things i did 10+ years ago. I dont regret a thing about those days or the money spent.

am i gonna get a good weekends play out of d4 at a minimum? yeah for sure right? how much will it cost me? £30? £45? whatever man, I ordered a curry the other night that cost more than that.

I agree that the price of the game is inconsequential. The issue is that I don't want want to give the money to Blizzard in particular until they've proven they can put out a good fucking game again.

The only company left that I preorder software from is Nintendo. Nintendo has never betrayed my trust. Blizzard didn't until D3, and that's why they're off my list.
If it has auction im buying it right on release, if not then when the price falls to 10 euros.
Spreading salt since 2006
"
codetaku wrote:
I will make no such mistake with D4.

Famous last words
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
I'm honestly not sure. I might, but most definitely not on release. The next year already has quite a few things in store for me that are extremely likely to keep me busy for quite a while. First off there's the Borderlands 3 release on steam (something something screw epic games store) and before that there will be Monster Hunter World: Iceborne for me.

It will heavily depend on what it ends up looking like when it's released. Because honestly, at the moment it looks kinda lackluster to me. The cinematic trailer was (apart from the animation quality) really meh imo. It also doesn't really make all that much sense from a lore point of view (Lilith would've had to know her precise point of imprisonment in hell before she was sent there for punishment and then have to somehow connect sanctuary to that place via that strange gateway thingy... WITHOUT INARIUS NOTICING. I call bullshit on that one). And the gameplay trailer to me was... disappointing really. Yes, true, they showed off some attacks. But there was nothing really exciting about it to me.

TL;DR: I'm not all that thrilled by the footage we've got and got enough games already, so I think I won't be buying it anytime soon when it comes out.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
just saw someone hiddenly stream and take pictures of demo in blizzcon, looks like d2 transferred to d3 engine, since it has skill/talents/runes and even inventory interface reminds me of that.

After seeing the barbarian skills from demo, skills seem to be very limited if that is all, and at this point even d3 ros looks better to me.

Hope things change until release as this is demo only.

If this truly is port of d2 to d3 engine as it looks like, im sticking to poe, as i see no new innovative things that would assure me of its longterm sustainability for me to toss another 10k hours into it like i did with d3.
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Nov 1, 2019, 4:43:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info