It's almost 2020(Now its actually 2020) - Lets have Male and Female versions of all classes.

"
robmafia wrote:
poe 2020 - to be more inclusive, we've added xxy, xxxy, xxyy, and xxxx character models. using skills provides a .5% chance of requiring medical assistance. xxy has an accuracy penalty made exponentially worse with each additional x chromosome. weight has been increased while strength has been halved.

a new attribute has been added - weight.

a new support gem has been added - testosterone injections.

for only 700 points, you can unlock cosmetic mtx for xxxxxx and xxxxy

(these are real medical conditions [ie: klinefelter syndrome] and actual characteristics described [including needing TRT, having poor coordination, etc], so this post really isn't trolling or out of line. that said, gazillions of other posts were deleted from this thread that seemed to not violate the ToS, so...)

LOL!! Nice post my friend.

Fortunately (and thank god), I don't think GGG will stoop that low.

However, I believe Diablo 6 will

"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
"
Fruz wrote:

What other model could there be there apart male and females, in the case of the human being ?

Seriously, social gender debate is a thing that is completely unrelated to the topic here but that internet SJW keep wanting to bring in for some reason.

Nobody cares here about the number of potential social genders in the world, this topic is about MALE and FEMALE models in PoE.
Until proven wrong ( which nobody can ), everybody ( who isn"t subject to a malformation ) is either born male or female, and that include the exiles in Path of Exile, the topic here is only about this, being able to choose either.

Some people would rather play female characters and some others male characters, regardless of the social gender of the player.

If you want to start a debate about social genders, go do it in the off topic section ffs.

^So much truth here.

To any future Nay-Sayers the only way GGG could go beyond the suggestions here is to add a character creator with more advanced configurable options and considering that the only argument with any measure of validity against this thread so far has been (i want them to work on more important things) which has come up a lot.. what would happen to a thread asking for a full on advanced character creator get in reply? It would be absolutely flooded with argument unlike this thread which has not had any other valid argument presented.

I'd be all for an advanced character creator but i wanted to be as realistic as possible here since if they were going to go for such a tool it would cost significantly more than just adding 7 new models and having the lines voiced again.. People would want more voices available with such a tool and a lot more stuff on top of that like hair styles and skin color, I'd love to see it but it is just not realistic both to expect GGG to do that much work for a free feature and for this community to support them spending that much time on it.

If we could all be more constructive with each other when people have an idea just maybe the game would not be in such a poor state right now to the point we have mostly complaint threads here on the feedback forum as the extreme majority of what is posted, With all the trolling that has gone on in this topic and so many other threads it is no wonder that most consider reddit to be the only place the devs actually take suggestions anymore.
Innocence forgives you
I think a female marauder would sound cool, but a templar might be annoying like Cassia. I also like the idea of ascendancy specific dialogue.

Kinda makes me wonder why there's no dialogue for endgame encounters. Everyone has unique dialogue for bosses up to Malachai(?) but nothing for anything in endgame.

I got no problem with this idea though. Weird that so many people think a cosmetic option would be a bad thing.
I would be all up for a character creator too, Many games much older than PoE did that well, PoE isn't being developped in a garage anymore so there is no excuse for not having one.

They could keep the Dominus introduction ( I want the one in the ship back btw ! ) and add a face customization right after, after all, Templar, Duelist, Marauder, Ranger, Shadow, and Scion are all words that can be used for both genders, witch might even be used for both if GGG wants to.

wikipedia quote
The Middle English word wicche did not differentiate between feminine and masculine, however the masculine meaning became less common in Standard English, being replaced by words like "wizard" and "warlock". The modern spelling witch with the medial 't' first appears in the 16th century. In current colloquial English "witch" is almost exclusively applied to women, and the OED has "now only dialectal" for the masculine noun.

They would need to re do some of Piety's line though, I hope they can have the previous voice actor :).

Anyway, Character creator is likely something that they have been discussing I suspect, it would not surprise me to see it happening next year.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
I think a female marauder would sound cool, but a templar might be annoying like Cassia. I also like the idea of ascendancy specific dialogue.

Kinda makes me wonder why there's no dialogue for endgame encounters. Everyone has unique dialogue for bosses up to Malachai(?) but nothing for anything in endgame.

I got no problem with this idea though. Weird that so many people think a cosmetic option would be a bad thing.

Err I'm a big fan of cosmetic alternatives for the character model just not for basic male/female support options of the base classes, Having a skeleton character model or anything else (even custom alternatives to normal human models) i would totally be for.. Just (here's your male witch but u gotta pay for it) seems a bit offensive to me, I'd pay money to be a skeleton or some other cool thing but no way would i pay just to have a male witch, but an alternate skin to the default male witch if they added it? Yeah i might go for that if i liked it.

Not sure if you get me there but that's just how i see it.

Custom character models would likely be more intricate in their adornments and hair styles as well as other things, a custom voice certainly would not hurt, Imaging playing a skeleton and when you die you fall into a pile of bones or when you resurrect you re-assemble back into standing form or the same thing with a spectral form, I'm not sure how crazy they could get here but people would definitely pay for some hair options im 100% on that one lol.

I doubt we'd ever get to play as a goat man/woman but crap i'd probably go for that haha.

"
Fruz wrote:
I would be all up for a character creator too, Many games much older than PoE did that well, PoE isn't being developped in a garage anymore so there is no excuse for not having one.

They could keep the Dominus introduction ( I want the one in the ship back btw ! ) and add a face customization right after, after all, Templar, Duelist, Marauder, Ranger, Shadow, and Scion are all words that can be used for both genders, witch might even be used for both if GGG wants to.

wikipedia quote
The Middle English word wicche did not differentiate between feminine and masculine, however the masculine meaning became less common in Standard English, being replaced by words like "wizard" and "warlock". The modern spelling witch with the medial 't' first appears in the 16th century. In current colloquial English "witch" is almost exclusively applied to women, and the OED has "now only dialectal" for the masculine noun.

They would need to re do some of Piety's line though, I hope they can have the previous voice actor :).

Anyway, Character creator is likely something that they have been discussing I suspect, it would not surprise me to see it happening next year.

Apparently using the term warlock can be offensive to those irl whom call themselves witches so i would recommend GGG keep it the same.. though this is just a video game so maybe i should not take it too seriously lol, i did read up on it a bit before posting the topic as i was trying to not offend anyone.

+2000 for a character creator if GGG thinks its worth their time, All i really want is for this game to be more attractive to a wider audience and from that have better player retention/participation for the various benefits it would bring to everyone and especially the economy even if the meta shifts will still be here.

More people usually equals more build diversity even if its only a small fraction and this relates directly back to what people sell or hold to have value enough to list it for trade allowing more builds to be able to obtain equipment that might otherwise never be picked up at all.

So while the above does play a large factor in my own experience also having these options for further customization/immersion on top of it would only reinforce my personal need to create several builds every league for fun and i would hope the same to be true of many others.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Oct 27, 2019, 1:41:23 AM
"

Apparently using the term warlock can be offensive to those irl whom call themselves witches

...and i get called a troll in every thread i post in.

[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
robmafia wrote:
"

Apparently using the term warlock can be offensive to those irl whom call themselves witches

...and i get called a troll in every thread i post in.

Just because you personally lack data on something does not mean that thing does not exist or is false, So no i am not a troll or trolling i simply have more information than you do.

Did you have anything to contribute to the thread of substance either for or against adding Male and Female alternatives for each character class? That is what this thread is about after all not about how you are ignorant on the topic of the meaning of Warlock in both past and present tense and why i said it would be better not to use it.

"
Ignorant:
lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about a particular thing.

Also using a different class name for only the Witch would literally be pointless when every other class works for both male and female including Witch so by the basest of logic i fail to see a positive or logical reason to use the other term even if this is a game and people would probably not really get that offended by it.

I'm ignorant on a great many things but i try to do research into those things before i attempt to comment on them, its only logical.

Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Oct 27, 2019, 3:48:26 AM
please cite one person who is a witch who finds "warlock" offensive.

better yet, please cite one actual witch. and i don't mean a snowflake who 'self-identifies' as a witch.

you speak of ignorance, but i guess we need to rewrite history and give credence to the salem witch trials. i guess it wasn't senseless murder and mass hysteria, after all! witches exist!

no, they don't.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

Last edited by robmafia on Oct 27, 2019, 5:11:56 AM
+1 for male witch. Switching terms for that one class would feel very much like GGG implicitly stating that the masculinity of their male users is incredibly fragile and needs protecting from any association with women. And I'm sure that's not the case, right guys?

"
robmafia wrote:
better yet, please cite one actual witch. and i don't mean a snowflake who 'self-identifies' as a witch
Uh, there are witches all over the world. You don't have to believe all the same things as every single one of them of course, that's okay, but their identity isn't reliant on you. Same way Christians are still Christians even if I personally don't believe in gods; it's not up to me to tell them what groups they belong to.
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/witch

"
1. a person, now especially a woman, who professes or is supposed to practice magic or sorcery; a sorceress.Compare warlock.

2.a woman who is supposed to have evil or wicked magical powers: witches in black robes and pointed hats.

3.an ugly or mean old woman; hag

contextually, we can omit #3. since magic does not exist, we can conclude there are no witches. OBVIOUSLY.

you make the mistake of comparing a belief to an action. preachers exist. believers of ____ exist. sorcery does not exist. ergo, practitioners of sorcery do not exist. OBVIOUSLY

edit:

lolz @ this timeline:

1600s: witches! panic! hysteria! let's torture/kill them all! eek!
1700s-early 2000s: holy shit, that was stupid. how could we believe such dumb shit and commit such atrocities?
2019: witches are real and they are offended by some dumb word. wut?

...SERIOUSLY? people have gone so far to try not to offend that they've justified the salem witch trials/literal witch hunts? progress!

fact: number of witches that exist/have ever existed/will ever exist = 0
[Removed by Support]

Last edited by robmafia on Oct 27, 2019, 7:48:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info