It's almost 2020(Now its actually 2020) - Lets have Male and Female versions of all classes.

"
SuperMotte wrote:

You still don't know what a strawman is. And the argument is not any weaker than claiming any significant amount of people will leave when they don't implement it.

wut^ who said that people would leave if they did not implement it?
Innocence forgives you
"
"
SuperMotte wrote:

You still don't know what a strawman is. And the argument is not any weaker than claiming any significant amount of people will leave when they don't implement it.

"
"
SuperMotte wrote:

Can you deny that implementing it might backlash and lead to less people wanting to play the game? Like "ZOMFG, THIS WAS PROBABLY ADDED BECAUSE OF SOME FEMI-NAZIS!!!!111!1". Yes, the reason might be stupid but there are people like that, people that pay money. Welcome to capitalism!

Uhhh yeah i think i can disagree that less people would play the game because of them adding this request within some reasonable level of logic.. so long as its worked how i said in the OP which would be over time while not abandoning issues that i agree and most others agree are more important.

And if someone who's spent a lot of money on this game actually quit over this.. That would be really reallly silly, I've not spent thousands of dollars on the game but even if i had you would not see me having a fit over them supporting this, Certainly had my own fits over some additions like the Arcane Spectre skin being a pretty obvious Stygian Variant but its not enough to make me quit.

There have been A LOT of threads on this topic.. I'm 100% ceartain that even if i were to disappear forever and this thread went with me the topic would simply return by another user eventually and this would repeat until the game either supports it or dies.

And i honestly hope this game never dies.

wut^ who said that people leave if they did implement it?

Old people leaving or new ones not starting has the same outcome: lower playerbase and less money.
"
SuperMotte wrote:
"
"
SuperMotte wrote:

"
"
SuperMotte wrote:

Can you deny that implementing it might backlash and lead to less people wanting to play the game? Like "ZOMFG, THIS WAS PROBABLY ADDED BECAUSE OF SOME FEMI-NAZIS!!!!111!1". Yes, the reason might be stupid but there are people like that, people that pay money. Welcome to capitalism!

Uhhh yeah i think i can disagree that less people would play the game because of them adding this request within some reasonable level of logic.. so long as its worked how i said in the OP which would be over time while not abandoning issues that i agree and most others agree are more important.

And if someone who's spent a lot of money on this game actually quit over this.. That would be really reallly silly, I've not spent thousands of dollars on the game but even if i had you would not see me having a fit over them supporting this, Certainly had my own fits over some additions like the Arcane Spectre skin being a pretty obvious Stygian Variant but its not enough to make me quit.

There have been A LOT of threads on this topic.. I'm 100% ceartain that even if i were to disappear forever and this thread went with me the topic would simply return by another user eventually and this would repeat until the game either supports it or dies.

And i honestly hope this game never dies.

wut^ who said that people leave if they did implement it?

Old people leaving or new ones not starting has the same outcome: lower playerbase and less money.

?????????????????? what even..

People rage quitting over an optional character select option to use a different sex would literally be one of the dumbest reasons i have ever heard for quitting a game.

Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Oct 23, 2019, 2:54:23 AM
"
SuperMotte wrote:

Nobody said anything even remotely close to that,what a perfect example of a strawman here.

The irony is amazing, thanks for the laughs.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Oct 23, 2019, 3:03:17 AM
I'd love this option even as an optional, non-canon MTX "reskin", with different voice lines etc.

There are classes I'd like to play for specific ascendancy mechanics but I can't get myself to stand either their voice or posture, it just bothers me so I end up not playing these classes limiting the builds I consider to play.

You can buy an armor set that completely changes the looks / fantasy behind the character, make a templar look like a barbarian or a ranger looking like a heavy armoured knight, but you can't change their body type or voice, why couldn't that be another MTX option?

Since it's not free to hire voice actors or animators to make a different silhouette with animations, I understand it would be a paid option same as you have to pay for artists' time when you buy armors, apparitions, alternate spell effects etc.

"
Speedjunkie wrote:
You really want a female Marauder or Templar?
Cassia is a female Templar (nun) and Hyrri is a female Marauder (Karui), so why not? A male warlock or hunter is also nothing unimaginable.
Last edited by Viktranka on Oct 23, 2019, 12:16:23 PM
Why stop at male and female? What about the other genders?

"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
"
girng wrote:
Why stop at male and female? What about the other genders?

Exactly what I said, apparently tho ' people' only want male and female models, and that will bring more players lol. Then of course the door is opened and when does the 'variety and representation will bring more players' end. Why aren't there any light skinned Marauders waaa! why can't the shadow be blonde waaa! Why can't I be a tall templar but with a soft female voice waaa!

As a side, it's hilarious how many online arguments eventually get to everyone's knowledge of a strawman.. no matter the forum, everybody wants to show i haz an education. I'm waiting for the venerable 'ad hominem' to show up :)
"
Fruz wrote:
"
SuperMotte wrote:

Nobody said anything even remotely close to that,what a perfect example of a strawman here.

The irony is amazing, thanks for the laughs.

You are the ones using strawmans but have fun lying more.
"
Viktranka wrote:
I'd love this option even as an optional, non-canon MTX "reskin", with different voice lines etc.

There are classes I'd like to play for specific ascendancy mechanics but I can't get myself to stand either their voice or posture, it just bothers me so I end up not playing these classes limiting the builds I consider to play.

You can buy an armor set that completely changes the looks / fantasy behind the character, make a templar look like a barbarian or a ranger looking like a heavy armoured knight, but you can't change their body type or voice, why couldn't that be another MTX option?

Since it's not free to hire voice actors or animators to make a different silhouette with animations, I understand it would be a paid option same as you have to pay for artists' time when you buy armors, apparitions, alternate spell effects etc.

"
Speedjunkie wrote:
You really want a female Marauder or Templar?
Cassia is a female Templar (nun) and Hyrri is a female Marauder (Karui), so why not? A male warlock or hunter is also nothing unimaginable.

I'd never pay them for the option to play a male witch but i would pay them in a heartbeat to play as a skeleton or something, I think making male/female options for the base characters (pay only) would be a pretty insensitive move by GGG.

To be fair here NOTHING they do is really free and a lot of the stuff they add is available to everyone like the massive hideouts that have been released for everyone to obtain and all of the skills and other things and then there are the league challenge rewards.

Your first paragraph is one of the biggest reasons i made this thread because I've heard the same thing essentially from a lot of people both who love and play this game and those who have actually decided not to play the game because of it, We may be locked in a story that is out of our direct control but by having some options over the creation of said character allows a connection to be formed that is invaluable.

If these options were MTX-only those people who did not play because they were forced to play a sex they did not want to (to play the class they wanted) would be only further pushed away from the game (i have to pay for this option?) I mean that just feels bad no matter how i look at it.

Also it (should) be a Witch even if it were male.. apparently the term Warlock historically is actually quite offensive to those whom call themselves witches.. as i did do some research on all of this before making this topic i decided not to use the term, It is just a game however so perhaps I'm taking that bit too seriously but trying not to piss off people i would like to think is an admirable goal when trying to run a respectable business.

Anywho tyvm for your input and constructive thought on the topic regardless if i agree or disagree with the entirety of it :D

Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Oct 23, 2019, 10:09:52 PM
If gender holds you back from playing a certain character, maybe you're just sexist, plain and simple.

This is not at all important to me and I would much rather they spend time and resources elsewhere.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info