It's almost 2020(Now its actually 2020) - Lets have Male and Female versions of all classes.

"
"
It is unrealistic for the devs to support the growing list of non binary genders
I don't think so. It's really only an unrealistic prospect if you're focusing on the idea of a "list of genders".

If you instead just let people select the actual attributes of their character - body type, height, voice etc - and ignore the idea of a "gender" box in character selection entirely, you're supporting both traditional and nonbinary gender identities.

Hey if they wanted to go that far i'd be all for it :D
Innocence forgives you
> 2017. Templar still has no pants
> 2018. Tabula rasa gets a new skin so that it doesn't look as dumb
> 2019. Templar still has no pants
> 2020. GGG are adding 7 brand new character models to the game so that every class had both male and female versions
> 2021. Templar still has no pants
> 2022. 4.0 Is out. Lots of new animations, new skins, new models, new everything
> 2023. Templar is still waiting for his pants
> 2024. Celestial pants MTX is available in store. Templar gets celestial legs instead.
Last edited by LaiTash on Oct 18, 2019, 3:52:15 AM
I don't mind playing male or female, but I don't like Templar's piousness, which feels especially stupid from act 5 and forth. I would love to get Guardian ascendancy as a Witch or Shadow... Or Scion, her half-assed ascendancies are not working anyway.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
Last edited by Oblitus on Oct 18, 2019, 10:06:19 AM
"
The level of immersion for me personally as a male playing a male is a big deal to me and it is also the same for a great many people hearing the lines in your own gender

aRPG - action ROLE PLAYING game.

You're not your character.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
"
The level of immersion for me personally as a male playing a male is a big deal to me and it is also the same for a great many people hearing the lines in your own gender

aRPG - action ROLE PLAYING game.

You're not your character.

You can decide almost everything about your character in most RPG and this one is no differient, Many people name their characters around this.

Some even build characters on other classes because they prefer the look and it matches their internal style and or character story.

the "action" part really does not erase the Role Playing part especially in a game with such immense amount of customization after the fact.

Do you have an issue with people being able to play on the gender of their choice? If so what is it?
Innocence forgives you
Role playing part means you are PLAYING a character that ISN'T YOU.

Characters are supposed to be distinct, well, characters. They have their back stories, they have their voice lines - they are supposed to believable parts of the world. They also have (unless you haven't noticed) distinct reactions to certain NPCs (like bosses). They have shitton of dialogues and exchanges.

They are not meat bags for you to wear on your back, while you pretend to be those characters.

I like character set in PoE - they are very distinct while being sort of generic, so that they can fit different looks.

Getting rid of their identity for sake of "i want to play me" is just... selfish, really.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
Role playing part means you are PLAYING a character that ISN'T YOU.

Characters are supposed to be distinct, well, characters. They have their back stories, they have their voice lines - they are supposed to believable parts of the world. They also have (unless you haven't noticed) distinct reactions to certain NPCs (like bosses). They have shitton of dialogues and exchanges.

They are not meat bags for you to wear on your back, while you pretend to be those characters.

I like character set in PoE - they are very distinct while being sort of generic, so that they can fit different looks.

Getting rid of their identity for sake of "i want to play me" is just... selfish, really.
We aren't proposing getting rid of anything.

You'll still be able to play your male Templar, and as he's a fictional character and unaware of the fact that he's in a videogame, I promise he won't be offended if there also end up being, say, female Templar wandering around in Lioneye's Watch, just as he currently isn't bothered by all the doppelgangers of him hanging around.
The soonest it might happen is 4.0 when they're redoing all the character rigging and likely the voices too (since the original voice actors basically can't be rehired).

If they do decide to have alternate skins and such, it'll likely be as MTX.
"
The soonest it might happen is 4.0 when they're redoing all the character rigging and likely the voices too (since the original voice actors basically can't be rehired).

MTX would not the the best solution here.. it might even be taken as an insult to be honest that you have to pay for it lol..

though i think general character model MTX would be a good idea for them to add to the shop since various parts of the character are visible in some MTX this part is still left for them to get into and as they just added a music player they are definitely looking for new ways to sell things in their shop for sure so maybe this paragraph deserves its own thread for which there are quite a few available to choose from.

And as far as it happening in 4.0 definitely not, this is something that would take a long time to get every individual piece ready because of all the voiced lines and all of that stuff too.

All of that being said both men and women have their own reasons for playing a male or female character so having the option to choose would definitely benefit this game and make it more attractive for both sides and everyone in between.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Oct 20, 2019, 12:36:18 AM
"
"

MTX would not the the best solution here.. it might even be taken as an insult to be honest that you have to pay for it lol..

though i think general character model MTX would be a good idea for them to add to the shop since various parts of the character are visible in some MTX this part is still left for them to get into and as they just added a music player they are definitely looking for new ways to sell things in their shop for sure so maybe this paragraph deserves its own thread for which there are quite a few available to choose from.

And as far as it happening in 4.0 definitely not, this is something that would take a long time to get every individual piece ready because of all the voiced lines and all of that stuff too.

All of that being said both men and women have their own reasons for playing a male or female character so having the option to choose would definitely benefit this game and make it more attractive for both sides and everyone in between.

Keep in mind 4.0 is likely still more than a year out (they'll be doing 3.10 following 3.9 after all and have said they might end up doing 3.14 or whatever before 4.0 comes out, which means a year and a half) and they've been working on it for quite a while already. A lot of the new rigging tech is present on the updated masters so they've definitely got the ground work done.

It'd be nice to have gender alternates for each character for free, but I have no expectation they'll actually do that because they want to monetize what they can even if it's just for $5 each.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info