PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

It's almost 2020(Now its actually 2020) - Lets have Male and Female versions of all classes.

Yes i know there are a LOT of threads about this and i did search for one to bump rather than make my own but the approaches and age of the threads were not in line with the discussion i wish to create so here we go..

4.0 is coming up with some exciting changes I've seen rumored and discussed here on the forums so i do not see this likely to be even considered until well after that but let me try to convince you GGG why this would be worth your time.

Some Backstory

I've spent maybe 10,000+ hours playing your game and while I'm certainly no pro I've interacted with A LOT of people both in the game and outside of it trying to get them to play and especially keep them playing this game because Wraeclast can be a pretty lonely place sometimes.

One of the things I've encountered frequently to a disturbing degree is peoples unwillingness to play this game because they can not play the gender of their choice and I will admit this even bugs me sometimes even if I would feel a little off at this point playing a male Scion that i cannot but honestly if i could.. i might even turn the voices back on for the first time since 2014.

Getting to the point

The level of immersion for me personally as a male playing a male is a big deal to me and it is also the same for a great many people hearing the lines in your own gender shot out at the monsters and other enemy's as you progress through the story-line and endgame content, Playing a Templar though certainly not my most played classes has been among my most fun and immersive play-through's because of this.

Expanding your player-base is something i know is very important to you as a company so i know this has had to have come up in discussions at GGG more than once.. It's almost 2020 now and times are changing I've seen some pretty big movements in other games by players to convince developers to add more gender diversity into their games and while i do not expect this particular game to ever support the ever growing gender spectrum in the world simply supporting Male and Female would go a very long way.

What are some of the potential benefits of this?

• Immersion

• Bringing in players who would have otherwise not given your game a fair shake.

• Attracting players to classes they might otherwise not have played.

• Playing the same class again on the other gender just to experience their take on Wraeclast.

• Inspiring build diversity because a lot of people do tend to build around this in RPG's

• Boosting MTX sales because people might like how their MTX looks on another gender better.

• I bet you'd sell a lot of character slots :)

• This would get you a fair amount of attention across a lot of platforms.

• The community would love you for it

• Profit??!?

Final Statements

I know this would take you a considerable amount of effort both with time and money but this is not something you need to do all at once and the potential gains i think would really be worth it in the long run to bring a wider audience to the game, I can't imagine how much fun I'd have running around Wraeclast as a female Templar laughing my butt off at the lines as i kill my way through hordes of monsters, Think how much a female player might appreciate this too and how much more immersed they would be in your world.

Or imagine for a moment how it might feel to play on a male witch and finally feel like a wizard as a male player

This is a beautifully complex game both in its customization and deep story that has brought so many of my friends to love it regardless if their stay was long or short and every little bit of immersion you can add will greatly add to the potential of these players sticking around for the long haul that i honestly hope never ends.

To other players

Criticism is welcome, Please be constructive and respectful in regards to gender equality.

Pretty Please support this thread as this is something that needs to happen that i truly believe will be of great benefit to this game.

Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Jan 24, 2020, 12:39:40 PM
Last bumped on Jul 22, 2020, 7:06:14 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You really want a female Marauder or Templar? jk
I would rather them fixing their things on the client first than worrying about something like this.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
To be honest, I wouldn't care if they change it. If I start the game I want to play the game in stead of sitting in my hideout and admire the looks of my char.

So yes, it could be done. But, at least for me, there are alot of ideas/issues that would benefit more from the necessary time (and money) investment.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
[Removed by Support]

On a more serious note, this would not generate any new income and would be a huge amount of effort. There is no business logic that would justify that kind of expenditure.
Last edited by Al_GGG on Oct 17, 2019, 3:53:08 PM
"
I would rather them fixing their things on the client first than worrying about something like this.

Nah, lets get both genders for all classes we should also be able to differentiate men that identify as women, women that identify as men, monsters that identify as exiles and exiles that identify as monsters. Both genders of course.

Then lets sit back an laugh at the size of the ggpk. because artwork.
"
Speedjunkie wrote:

Definitely!

--------------------------------------------------------

I stated for those who say there are better things that need to be worked on that this should be worked on over time!

It is unrealistic for the devs to support the growing list of non binary genders, To have at least each class in both genders would go a long way towards supporting peoples personal preferences and is not too unrealistic for a game like this to implement in the long run.

I've played a lot of MMORPG and in every one of them i make guilds/clans some reaching members in the hundreds and on rare occasion all the way up to 1000+ covering a lot of areas from pvp/pve or even purely social and there are a lot of people who put more emphasis on things like gender and how their character looks to such an extent it can determine the games that they play.

The users who are also heavily invested in appearance are also the most likely to drop money on micro-transactions which is what keeps this game free to play is it not?

So to say it would not generate any income would be untrue.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Oct 17, 2019, 5:04:45 PM
I want interchangeable character skins with the classes.
There is basically no reason from my view why it should not be allowed. Letz just make current Marauder skin as possible model for Witch.

It is a reason why i avoid Templar at all costs. The model is just fucking stupid!

edit: yes, i would play everything as shadow.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Last edited by Marxone on Oct 17, 2019, 7:11:03 PM
"

YES! Like a Red Sonja Marauder
And Yes to female Tempalar. Male Templar looks like a bald giraffe without pants. And I HATE his voice and the stuff he says
"
It is unrealistic for the devs to support the growing list of non binary genders
I don't think so. It's really only an unrealistic prospect if you're focusing on the idea of a "list of genders".

If you instead just let people select the actual attributes of their character - body type, height, voice etc - and ignore the idea of a "gender" box in character selection entirely, you're supporting both traditional and nonbinary gender identities.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info