It's almost 2020(Now its actually 2020) - Lets have Male and Female versions of all classes.

"
*snip*

With the spin OP did to the thread, yes it has to do with gender politics. This game does not have to represent your gender. It's an RPG, my friend. You're playing the role of one of the characters who are part of the lore of Path of Exile.

If anyone feels offended because they can't play a female Templar, then that's their problem.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Poe is a Diablo clone and as such has gender lock implemented. It could be changed but i don't think it'll happen any time soon both because of the cost/benefit ration and that there are other priorities that need looked at. All in all i'd love to play a male Necromancer but if it hasn't happened for so many years i don't see it becoming a reality in the near or distant future.
Poe is a Diablo clone and as such has gender lock implemented. It could be changed but i don't think it'll happen any time soon both because of the cost/benefit ration and that there are other priorities that need looked at. All in all i'd love to play a male Necromancer but if it hasn't happened for so many years i don't see it becoming a reality in the near or distant future.
"
Yperkeimenos wrote:

True this is a diablo clone just.. the old diablo and i'd like to think its come into its own after all the work the dev team has put into it by quite a bit.. As to this not happening for many years all i can say is never say never! one of the biggest things i've seen with the other threads was a lack of support and tenacity for the topic and i do not plan to let this one fade away.
Innocence forgives you
From my point of view... Gender? After I added a bunch of MTXes on the char I have no idea (nor care) which gender it has..

Now if we are talking MTXes with gender specific looks, ex dresses and what not.. yeah that could def be intresting.

But otherwise I couldn't care less which gender the char has
Solution:

Create Marauder. Name: Loretta. Done.

Create ranger. Name: Apache Attack Helicopter. Done.

Everyone covered? (except for Templar Damien, still has no pants. )
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
Easiest way I can think of to fix this situation is to separate the chosen Class from the "Displayed Skin".

So when you pick a Class you get the option to over ride the default with any other of the models, pick what you want. You want to play a Witch using a Marauder skin, go for it.

I never liked the Templars models for casters anyhow, I'd pick Shadow/Duelist if i could.

Last edited by RockGod on Oct 21, 2019, 1:43:03 PM
considering how ugly everything in this game looks whats called a charakter, graphic ect it would be pointless effort :>
"
RockGod wrote:
Easiest way I can think of to fix this situation is to separate the chosen Class from the "Displayed Skin".

So when you pick a Class you get the option to over ride the default with any other of the models, pick what you want. You want to play a Witch using a Marauder skin, go for it.

I never liked the Templars models for casters anyhow, I'd pick Shadow/Duelist if i could.

Your solution would be best left as an MTX.. There are plenty of threads about it on the forum however this topic has nothing to do with playing a witch as a marauder but to be able to play male witch or a female templar etc on down the line and would not break the immersion for a lot of people and make no sense as playing a witch with a male marauder skin would.

Not saying i would fight them adding your idea there as an MTX but i certainly wouldn't fight for them to add it lol.

"
considering how ugly everything in this game looks whats called a charakter, graphic ect it would be pointless effort :>

Well they better just delete the game then as its all a pointless effort right :P?

They tend to update it graphically piece by piece such as the recent flask overhaul and what this thread is proposing would simply be another such overhaul just with a few more pieces involved.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Oct 21, 2019, 4:44:43 PM
Gender of the character is irrelevant. By the time you put on your gear, you won't notice a difference between male or female anyways.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info