It's almost 2020(Now its actually 2020) - Lets have Male and Female versions of all classes.

The whole point here is just basically (GGG please consider adding alternate sex option to expand the potential player-base and increase immersion)

So GGG is adding how many classes in 4.0? + ascendancy and all of that.. they will be voiced and have unique lines and they aren't gonna charge a penny from any of us for it so they are doing well enough right now it seems.

Also take into mind a large majority of people are not very vocal or expressive about these things for a variety of reasons and you can pretty much count on every person with a real opinion has like 100-1000+ more people that think the same way about that issue but don't believe its worth their time to post or that GGG would ever care.

And you know at least Chris Wilson doesn't seem to care about this particular option he only thought of cashing out on it from his interview from what I've seen thus far... Which is fine by me if that option he wanted to cash out on were actual skins that took your character beyond to say something like a Skeleton model which i can almost guarantee would sell a hell of a lot better than a pay-walled alternate sex option... I've never seen a game that made me pay for that....

And on the topic of work being worth it.. again they are adding how many characters in 4.0 all of which are going to require rigging all of this stuff pretty much all over again along with custom voices and much much more on top of that.

They can reasonably do this but if i were to expect them to do it immediately that would be unrealistic but if they do POE2 right in this new engine they might reduced the workload a lot in a few areas but if they try to get too greedy like with those salvage boxes people are gonna speak their mind and if chris trys to sell me a male witch model im gonna dedicate a lot of my time to pushing forward resistance on all platforms against the decision.

But if he's reasonable about it? And adds alternate sex options to the base game while adding in actually worth-my-money MTX like a skeleton or some other crazy thing to turn my character into i would praise GGG and probably actually despite being broke for some time now find some money to throw their way rather than mount a resistance against the decision.

Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Nov 22, 2019, 4:59:36 PM
"
So GGG is adding how many classes in 4.0? + ascendancy and all of that.. they will be voiced and have unique lines and they aren't gonna charge a penny from any of us for it so they are doing well enough right now it seems.
From what I understand:

- There are zero new base classes. They are still going to be Marauder, Ranger, etc.. in "PoE2".

- Even though they are different characters than the ones in "PoE1", they have very similar designs as the original cast, and I was able to hear Ranger's dialogue from the stream and her voice sounded very similar to the PoE1 character, making it possible that they are going to use the same actors as the original cast.

- Ascendancies had never introduced new dialogue, and I doubt they will in 4.0 onward.
+1
You had me at a male playing a male.

I want to play a male Ranger and male Scion. Why? Because although an action hack and slash it still has the words rpg in there and the underlying definition of that is Role Playing Game.

I create characters as an extension and immersion into a world.

Furthermore, when I am done with my initial preferences, I then even go into making female characters. I remember in Skyrim alone I had like 4 different female characters and a whole RP story to go for them just like the males I had made. It was a very fun immersive experience.

So yeah, id like it to be added.

My guesses are that they will simply add 7 new characters in the second campaign and maybe try to do the change-over in that campaign. Which, idk how cool I am with this? I mean, it doesn't really get rid of the "problem" at hand. For the second campaign I will still need to select one of the new characters only right? In which case, I am still being confined to specific male/female selections, right? I assume as much at least.

The work will be more ofc, the art alone for all 38 ascendancy classes in both male and female is no joke. So I wont lose any sleep over it if it doesnt happen. But hey, so much more is being done with this game than we thought possible before the announcement of PoE2. And it is a year away. So who knows.

Side note: as for the "current times" comment etc.... all I will say is that I hope its at least another decade before it becomes a standard where a minority that feels however they feel about their identity (which i am completely cool with ofc) supported by a loud irrelevant bunch that has nothing to do with those people and just wants to play identity politics for bonus points to their pseudo "humanitarianism" becomes the norm and the must-do in creative works.

There are two genders after all.
Those that feel they dont belong in them, totally cool, not going to change genetics for them though. We will accept them and everything, but one is not unanimous with the other.

Besides, we got beastiality anyway with shapeshifting, so thats something :D
"
VolcanoElixir wrote:
From what I understand:

- Even though they are different characters than the ones in "PoE1", they have very similar designs as the original cast, and I was able to hear Ranger's dialogue from the stream and her voice sounded very similar to the PoE1 character, making it possible that they are going to use the same actors as the original cast.

That is because the ranger in the stream was in fact the PoE1 ranger. All that was available to play with in the demo (which is what they were on) was characters from the old classes, and the only selectable ones were the Marauder, the Witch and the Ranger.

Meaning, we haven't seen any footage of the new characters at all. Neither what they could be other than the fact that they all fit into the original 7 archetypes.
Ya lets spend thousands of dollars and waste staff time/resources to make something 99% of players don't care about!! Ya lets not!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2651223

YouTube: Demonix Gaming
"
Ya lets spend thousands of dollars and waste staff time/resources to make something 99% of players don't care about!! Ya lets not!

99% are you so sure about that? Where are you getting that data? Or is it that you assume since you don't want it that 99% of everyone else does not want it?

Wrong either way, If you sort out the troll posts from this thread and balance the constructive posts for and against this idea generally the people for it outweigh the people against it.

The only real argument against that has been presented in this thread is that people would rather GGG work on other things, But that argument is recycled over and over and over with very little substance behind it.

I agree with most of those people however that there are more important things to be worked on but all of that went out the window with the 4.0 announcement, talk about wasting money making a new storyline like its gonna do a damned thing about the real problems in POE outside of the new engine.

So Again:

This is a Suggestion for a Long-Term Goal to make the game more immersive and attractive to a wider audience.

I am not demanding it be added or even requesting it be added immediately or soon but requesting that they think about adding it eventually.

So am i being unreasonable here seeing that chris has stated many times he wants to compete with the big boys? I don't think so considering the above.

"
HazaRdReborN wrote:
+1
You had me at a male playing a male.

I want to play a male Ranger and male Scion. Why? Because although an action hack and slash it still has the words rpg in there and the underlying definition of that is Role Playing Game.

I create characters as an extension and immersion into a world.

Furthermore, when I am done with my initial preferences, I then even go into making female characters. I remember in Skyrim alone I had like 4 different female characters and a whole RP story to go for them just like the males I had made. It was a very fun immersive experience.

So yeah, id like it to be added.

My guesses are that they will simply add 7 new characters in the second campaign and maybe try to do the change-over in that campaign. Which, idk how cool I am with this? I mean, it doesn't really get rid of the "problem" at hand. For the second campaign I will still need to select one of the new characters only right? In which case, I am still being confined to specific male/female selections, right? I assume as much at least.

The work will be more ofc, the art alone for all 38 ascendancy classes in both male and female is no joke. So I wont lose any sleep over it if it doesnt happen. But hey, so much more is being done with this game than we thought possible before the announcement of PoE2. And it is a year away. So who knows.

Side note: as for the "current times" comment etc.... all I will say is that I hope its at least another decade before it becomes a standard where a minority that feels however they feel about their identity (which i am completely cool with ofc) supported by a loud irrelevant bunch that has nothing to do with those people and just wants to play identity politics for bonus points to their pseudo "humanitarianism" becomes the norm and the must-do in creative works.

There are two genders after all.
Those that feel they dont belong in them, totally cool, not going to change genetics for them though. We will accept them and everything, but one is not unanimous with the other.

Besides, we got beastiality anyway with shapeshifting, so thats something :D

Awesome post dude, TYVM for your feedback.

Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Nov 28, 2019, 8:37:57 PM
"
HazaRdReborN wrote:
"
VolcanoElixir wrote:
From what I understand:

That is because the ranger in the stream was in fact the PoE1 ranger. All that was available to play with in the demo (which is what they were on) was characters from the old classes, and the only selectable ones were the Marauder, the Witch and the Ranger.

Meaning, we haven't seen any footage of the new characters at all. Neither what they could be other than the fact that they all fit into the original 7 archetypes.
Is there a source confirming that they're using PoE1 designs as placeholders? I haven't heard of this yet.
"

can you provide any proofs about 99%? if no, you just a windbag dude.

ability to play male and female versions of any class should be a basic option in any rpg game. period.
dead game
bring back 3.13
This isnt a part of 4.0? Cmon GGG...
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
This isnt a part of 4.0? Cmon GGG...

If they added female templar in 4.0 or female shadow ermagerd i'd actually play the new campaign and since the endgame is supposed to merge the two after the story mode its all profit in the end.

4.0 is the perfect opportunity to do this and if they don't jump on it im not sure how they can reasonably add it in the future.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Nov 30, 2019, 5:48:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info