[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"
HowNowNZ wrote:
Spoiler
For the Lightning Spire question, I had it during leveling but barely used it as didn't seem to do much more so wasnt worried about it. Could skip it for sure.

In terms of the build, I have to give yet another thanks to Oestergreen really :).
Spoiler
Took the advise and ran some labs, got the boot enchant, swaped AW5 Ele Focus to AW6 Added Light (which gives +1 lvl to skill), improved jewel in belt, moved my light res and got more throw speed on belt. So was some great advise on things to work on as it all helped. Managed to get a bottled faith to give another boost also.

Ran the feared today and did it deathless for the 1st time. Then tried Maven and was deathless also. First time ever done feared/maven and not died.

Spoiler
I think next thing I'm going to work on is new wand with +1 light AND +1 all skills.

If anyone still leveling needs to look at things, character from profile is HN_EXP_LT or pastebin here: https://pastebin.com/yBQ2ydNw.

That's awesome to hear! and really nice job =)
I would give you 1 more tip, even though you definitely don't need more damage.. then why not! it's fun deleting bosses;P

Copy the flask on my profile and put it in your POB instead of your current diamond flask and your dps meter will break the game;P It adds equal DPS as a bottled faith and it literally cost nothing to make it since enkindling orbs are 0.3c and the suffix craft is just a 6 baubles bench craft.

"
keroksi wrote:
First I want to say that the guide is one of the best on the site, so thanks for that!

Ty very much for the kind words:)

I would echo what Vennto responded:)

So it all depends on your currency and your gambling instincts!
Are you a true follower of Chris Wilson? if so.. close your eyes when you exalt slam and recite a prayer. ;D

"
IAmRaikov wrote:
This was my first try at a trap character, and I love it so far. Great guide! Haven't played in a bit, so I'm a bit rusty, would love some feedback on what I can improve on.
Spoiler
What should be by number one priority upgrade? I'm having trouble understanding what would make for a good weapon, as any calculations I run against my current weapon don't seem to make too much of a difference. Do I have the right idea when it comes to jewels? 7k ES feels pretty good for now, how can I push it further? What should I keep in mind when it comes to bossing and single-target dps?

https://pastebin.com/QTsLiVbh

To answer the questions regarding Lightning Spire Trap - I used it briefly up until act 6, when I found that Lightning Trap itself cleared single target just fine.

Ty mate :)
Your next item should be a thread of hope (large circle) to get the added dps and defense it allows you.

Try aim for 2 multipliers on each jewel, even if it means no ES% on them. If you just get double multipliers your dps goes up a ton and the jewels are very cheap as you can search and mix 4 different types of multi modifiers (check STATS section in the guide for specifics)

My own league start/early multipliers jewel filter:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/PwJd7kJCL

Your weapon looks good and your gear is generally okay, but you would benefit a lot from getting some intellect suffixes on rings/boots/gloves and getting trap throw% speed on belt/gloves.

I would grab awakened added lightning dmg lvl 5, IF you can afford it and otherwise i'd start probably using regular added lightning dmg instead of elem focus.
Ever since the latest patch that allow us to see our shock% vs bosses on the in-game UI (under the boss name), I'm pretty convinced POB is broken when it comes to shock calculations and so even though it recommends elem focus, in reality added lightning is a better 6th gem. I'm also updating that in the guide now that I've been testing it quite a bit and played around with POB settings to feel comfortable recommending it. (Vennto pointed this out in the former pages if you want to read more specifically what we discussed about that and POBs calculations)

Buy a few enkindling orbs, they are only 0.3c each and spam your diamond flask till you get close to 50% increase :) Then throw crit suffix on it from bench craft. It's a huge dps flask that way.

20x quality your amulet with tempering catalyst for +220 ES.

But you are well on your way imo and you're only lvl 85, so right now you just need to smash yellow or early red tier maps for quickest levels.

Have fun:)
Last edited by oestergreen on Sep 5, 2021, 12:50:46 AM
I would say my damage is a bit on low side. Survivability is okish, since I don't rush and back away, just takes longer to clear maps. Bosses though, feeling a bit beefy.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/shovemoneydeeper/characters?characterName=problasttry

Dear you,
Unnerve on gloves had work with our build ?? pls help me :(
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
keroksi wrote:
First I want to say that the guide is one of the best on the site, so thanks for that!

Ty very much for the kind words:)

I would echo what Vennto responded:)

So again, it all depends on your currency and your gambling instincts!
Are you a true follower of Chris Wilson? if so.. close your eyes when you exalt slam and recite a prayer. ;D

"
IAmRaikov wrote:
This was my first try at a trap character, and I love it so far. Great guide! Haven't played in a bit, so I'm a bit rusty, would love some feedback on what I can improve on. What should be by number one priority upgrade? I'm having trouble understanding what would make for a good weapon, as any calculations I run against my current weapon don't seem to make too much of a difference. Do I have the right idea when it comes to jewels? 7k ES feels pretty good for now, how can I push it further? What should I keep in mind when it comes to bossing and single-target dps?

https://pastebin.com/QTsLiVbh

To answer the questions regarding Lightning Spire Trap - I used it briefly up until act 6, when I found that Lightning Trap itself cleared single target just fine.

Ty mate :)
Your next item should be a thread of hope (large circle) to get the added dps and defense it allows you.

Your jewels, try aim for 2 multipliers on each jewel, even if it means no ES% on them. If you just get double multipliers your dps goes up a ton and the jewels are very cheap as you can search and mix 4 different types of multi modifiers (check STATS section in the guide for specifics)

Your weapon looks good and your gear is generally okay, but you would benefit a lot from getting some intellect suffixes on rings/boots/gloves and getting trap throw% speed on belt/gloves.

I would grab awakened added lightning dmg lvl 5, IF you can afford it and otherwise i'd start probably using regular added lightning dmg instead of elem focus.
Ever since the latest patch that allow us to see our shock% vs bosses on the in-game UI (under the boss name), I'm pretty convinced POB is broken when it comes to shock calculations and so even though it recommends elem focus, in reality added lightning is a better 6th gem. I'm also updating that in the guide now that I've been testing it quite a bit and played around with POB settings to feel comfortable recommending it. (Vennto pointed this out in the former pages if you want to read more specifically what we discussed about that and POBs calculations)

Buy a few enkindling orbs, they are only 0.3c each and spam your diamond flask till you get close to 50% increase :) Then throw crit suffix on it from bench craft. It's a huge dps flask that way.

20x quality your amulet with tempering catalyst for +220 ES.

But you are well on your way imo and you're only lvl 85, so right now you just need to smash yellow or early red tier maps for quickest levels.

Have fun:)

Thank you for the response! Now that I've got a clear path towards some upgrades, I'll feel more comfortable with pushing it to the next level.
"
biheomap wrote:

Dear you,
Unnerve on gloves had work with our build ?? pls help me :(

Yes, onHIT effects work with traps, like those gloves and like onHIT curse on rings. (Same as our ascendancy has an onHIT effect, blind - born in the shadows)

The culling strike on those gloves also works. :)
Last edited by oestergreen on Sep 5, 2021, 2:09:20 PM
Maaaan i had to take a month off since my PS4 took a dump. Glad this thread is still alive and OP is still answering questions. Definitely will need some second opinions when I'm min/maxing end game gear.

Finished Act 5,6, and half of 7 last night and plan to hit endgame today. Luckily I did a Miner before, so switching to LL won't as difficult. And by difficult I mean playing around with passives, how I should roll my gear, and collecting LL gear.

Last edited by Richman209ish on Sep 5, 2021, 5:21:37 PM
Hi, I'm a little confused about the endgame gems. Everyone seems to be using Awakened Lightning Penetration and Awakened Added Lightning Damage, but PoB is showing higher damage numbers for Awakened Elemental Focus instead of added lightning. Is Elemental Focus bad because of the cannot inflict ailments?
"
Squidward22 wrote:
Hi, I'm a little confused about the endgame gems. Everyone seems to be using Awakened Lightning Penetration and Awakened Added Lightning Damage, but PoB is showing higher damage numbers for Awakened Elemental Focus instead of added lightning. Is Elemental Focus bad because of the cannot inflict ailments?

Sorry, I see that question was answered above
Has anybody played Seismic/Exsanguinate traps and can comment on how they are in comparison to this build?
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
Has anybody played Seismic/Exsanguinate traps and can comment on how they are in comparison to this build?

2 weeks ago I did a full play-through on stream from act 1-10 + first few maps in hardcore to test the difference leveling/early mapping with that combo instead of lightning traps.

I summarized it on the stream, but to put it shortly:

Eeeek.

Spoiler
Honestly, the effectiveness of Exsang and Seismic just didn't compete for someone who is used to the *screen and off-screen* clearing nature of lightning trap... plus, seismic/exsang trappers also use bear trap same as we do, but they already are using then 3 traps for a boss, which just is annoying and the damage couldn't keep up with lightning traps.

If I wanted better damage to try and compete with lightning traps, I'd have to heavily out-gear my LT'er. It's also difficult picking up phys% dmg modifiers in the skill-tree as a shadow starter point, while lightning/spell% is easy pickups.

It just doesn't give me as much damage & clearing as if I was to use the same investment with LTrap and it's annoying because you feel kinda forced into life/evasion and using 3 different traps versus 2 traps on my LTT.

Exsang also requires trap support, so it loses out on a gem socket and again whats the point in using a skill *only* for clearing(exsang) while having another (seismic) for bossing ... if you can just use 1 skill that doesn't use an extra socket for *trap support gem* and is much better clearing(goes offscreen) and has higher boss damage and offers better scaling with same investment.

There are a very few (2 or 3?) seismic low life trappers on poe ninja, but they are using the pathing from this guide and if you POB them you'll notice their avg dmg isn't near the Lightning Trap version when in equal gear/level.

All that said, it can be a good life/evasion build for HC, but then again... you could get the same defenses with a Ltrap life build and end up with 1 fewer traps to use and more damage.

+ if we speak *safety* for HC, you'd prefer having the off-screening hits of LT and especially with pierce, so that the sabo blind ascendancy is hitting all monsters in each pack making it safer for you.

If you in SSF find a cold iron point (+3 for phys gems) I could see a reason to roll with it maybe, but still... in the endgame idk why I'd pick it over something like Ltrap, but obviously it's a new skill and people enjoy trying new skills and finding ways of working them.
Last edited by oestergreen on Sep 6, 2021, 12:42:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info