[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"
Mad_Inventor wrote:
I have a question and please excuse me if its obvious/already been answered. How are you dealing with the mana costs of triggered skills?
As of this patch trigging skills costs mana too, and both the trigger craft and CWDT have huge cost multipliers. This is fine if you're only triggering them occasionally. In situations where you are swarmed and taking constant hits (delves, rituals, narrow spaces), the costs would add up, especially CWDT tempest shield which could trigger four times a second.
Wouldn't this be very dangerous as it could leave you unable to trigger immortal call or use traps/flame dash?
This is just what it looks like to me in POB, but I would like to know if this will be a problem before I get too far in attempting this build.
Thanks for any help!

I have 166 unreserved mana.

My Lightning Trap is 21 mana and I can spam it without going OOM.

That's including Assassin's Mark and WoC triggers which are 91 and 28 mana respectively.

If my mana is sketchy I just activate Vaal Clarity to stabilize but that rarely happens.
livejamie
Last edited by livejamie on Sep 6, 2021, 8:48:07 AM
"
livejamie wrote:

Did you calculate if that's better than getting 80% Prefix on boots?

I would imagine that getting a fat crystal belt in that slot would be better.

I got a lot of ES from new ring so I got 400 ES more in comparison with crystal belt + dream fragments (now I have 8.4k ES) I checked your boots in my POB and I lose 400 ES because I have better ones (I have 2x T1 ES + INT)

With chance to avoid being frozen you "waste" one ES prefix so I think it's not worth it. Correct me if I'm wrong!
I am almost at the point of A5 Sirus. Will I be able to down him with this character or better to get carry?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/shovemoneydeeper/characters?characterName=problasttry

Ty, in advance.
"
I am almost at the point of A5 Sirus. Will I be able to down him with this character or better to get carry?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/shovemoneydeeper/characters?characterName=problasttry

Ty, in advance.

Get an 21-20 Lightning Trap Gem. Aside from that your setup looks allright. Sirus is mostly skill anyway, so in the end it comes down to you :)
I feel like I'm missing something relatively big. I only have like 3.4k ES....but the build's saying 6-8k is a good "starter" number. How am I so far off...?

I feel like I MUST be missing something, can someone check out my gear/skill tree and let me know? I'd really appreciate it!
"
Stetsonator wrote:
I feel like I'm missing something relatively big. I only have like 3.4k ES....but the build's saying 6-8k is a good "starter" number. How am I so far off...?

I feel like I MUST be missing something, can someone check out my gear/skill tree and let me know? I'd really appreciate it!

It says 6-8k says mediocre/average gear, aka mid-game (yellow/early red tier) :)

At the time you finish act 10, you'd have about 3-4k if going full ES, obviously depending on what kinda gear you found/picked up or bought while leveling and if you went full ES on all slots or are wearing a mix of ES and life stuff. This is without counting vaal disc which when leveled up adds another 1k ES.

Your char profile is hidden but I'm taking a guess saying you're wearing low-end ES stats and since you're only 74 you're also missing a lot of ES from the skilltree.

ES number means a lot -- 50 ES vs 150 ES is not "difference of 100 es in my pool". It scales far better than life per point, so using a 1alch pure ES item with 150 es is far better than one with 90 es and some life. You can reach 5-6k by just buying low-end ES stuff at 1c or less for each slot. Gloves, Rings, Shield, Belt... Stuff like exampled in the budget/early map gear section in the guide. a 250+ ES shield cost like 1-2c...( https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/PPPjGsL ) a bated breath is 1 alch, rings with 50 int and 40 ES is 1c...gloves with 150es 1c... etc. By the time you reach yellow or early red, if you followed this same logic, you should easily have 6k++ ES.

If you're playing SSF, do delve and get dense fossils as they drop frequently from early depths and slam them on ES bases.

"
livejamie wrote:
"
Mad_Inventor wrote:
I have a question and please excuse me if its obvious/already been answered. How are you dealing with the mana costs of triggered skills?
As of this patch trigging skills costs mana too, and both the trigger craft and CWDT have huge cost multipliers. This is fine if you're only triggering them occasionally. In situations where you are swarmed and taking constant hits (delves, rituals, narrow spaces), the costs would add up, especially CWDT tempest shield which could trigger four times a second.
Wouldn't this be very dangerous as it could leave you unable to trigger immortal call or use traps/flame dash?
This is just what it looks like to me in POB, but I would like to know if this will be a problem before I get too far in attempting this build.
Thanks for any help!

I have 166 unreserved mana.

My Lightning Trap is 21 mana and I can spam it without going OOM.

That's including Assassin's Mark and WoC triggers which are 91 and 28 mana respectively.

If my mana is sketchy I just activate Vaal Clarity to stabilize but that rarely happens.

Can echo what liveJamie said. Never had any issues with not being able to proc or mana being too low from procs. Since we're always spamming traps it'd be noticeable if suddenly you couldn't throw traps and had to stop completely to wait for mana;P

Further we're even only using a lvl 3 enlighten, you could go for lvl 4 if you wanted even more un-reserved mana.

In early game before you get your max mana regen from max-block and have enlighten etc, you can always use brand for curse activations. Heck you can use brand late-game too, it's merely a matter of preference.
Brand is really good too since it opens an extra suffix on your weapon and it allows you to control your boss cursing better. (as opposed to randomly firing a wave at nothing because you were pre-stacking traps;p)
Last edited by oestergreen on Sep 6, 2021, 3:09:55 PM
How do you think about Divergent Lightning Trap vs. Vaal Lightning Trap?
Actually it is more about Divergent 20/20 vs. Vaal 21/23 since the divergent version with 21/xy is not too common.
The plain math says that divergent gives like 20% more damage but that's only theory crafting...
"
OneLastDance wrote:
How do you think about Divergent Lightning Trap vs. Vaal Lightning Trap?
Actually it is more about Divergent 20/20 vs. Vaal 21/23 since the divergent version with 21/xy is not too common.
The plain math says that divergent gives like 20% more damage but that's only theory crafting...

I wouldn't use a lvl 20 ltrap over a lvl 21, regardless if its divergent or vaal.

Divergent LT is okay luxury for extra clearing and maven arena where often there are multiple targets to hit, but outside of that it doesn't add anything for single-target bossing due to POEs projectile rules. (A target cannot be hit twice by the same projectile)
Last edited by oestergreen on Sep 6, 2021, 3:10:08 PM
Are there any map mods to avoid completely? Ele reflect only?
"
Are there any map mods to avoid completely? Ele reflect only?

Ele reflect is not a problem (traps don't reflect to you).
As long as you've followed the guide and kept wave of conviction lvl 1, it shouldn't kill you. Tempest Shield can also reflect some damage, but its only lvl 8, though if you wanna be completely safe (HC?) you can un-socket it while doing reflect maps.

Only actual annoying mod is No Regeneration, as it means you gotta use a mana flask and your ascendancy regen is rip :)
In HC i'd avoid the 40% less block mod though.

Generally, with the monster damage and general defense situation in POE, the map mods that increase multiple sources of dmg can be dangerous (like 25% monster dmg and/or take EXTRA dmg as lightning, fire or whatever) ... but you should be fine if you play smart and use the fact that LT travels off-screen and that you can toss traps in advance anywhere you are moving. Other builds often suffer a lot harder from mods like those. Also pierce of course helps a lot to blind/kill all monsters instead of only the first one getting hit.

p.s. check the recent updated gems section (6 link), i'd go with added lightning over elem focus, courtesy of vennto pointing out the lovely UIX change that shows shock% vs bosses :)
Last edited by oestergreen on Sep 6, 2021, 5:15:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info