[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"
Cicatryx wrote:
Hey, I want to thank you for your build and your constant feedback too people asking for help.

Spoiler
I never played traps and the playstyle is quite different and has taken me a lot to get used to.

Do you think you could take a look at my gear and tell me where I can improve as I still die a lot to projectiles and random shit on the ground. I think my flask setup is atrocious and I do not understand the game enough to figure out a new flask setup, for instance I still have a life flask even though I'm LL with a Shavs.

I also feel like my damage is lacking, but perhaps once I get all gems to 20 it will pick up and add a thread of hope? I just keep dying to projectiles from groups or not reading monster hits kill when low life from expedition mobs.

I'm having problems with Alva missions, not killing fast enough, but I think I just need to get better with the trap playstyle. Anyways, appreciate the build as it has gotten me to red maps but I need help. Any advice to my build and flask setup would be greatly appreciated
!

Hey mate,

1) I would drop your life flask instantly and replace it with a 1c wise oak (make sure lightning resist is your highest uncapped res).

2) Replace elem focus with Lightning penetration (only because you don't have pen anywhere atm and you need some for bosses and harder rare monsters).

3) Your 4 link with wrath, skitter and discipline also has increased crit strikes, which increases the reserve cost of wrath & skitter for no reason, replace that with enlighten preferably, but otherwise something that doesn't add to the reserve cost.

4) Replace either a utility or your mana flask with a Diamond flask. Even with the nerf, diamond flask is a cheap and noticeable dps boost. Mana flask should not be required at this point, but if you feel you need it, then rather get a ring with -mana cost for non-channeling skills.

5) I would 100% scour and re-craft the helmet you're wearing (scour wont remove the helm enchant). You can easily get 200-250 ES on it with simply spamming a few scours and alchemy orbs, or if you have some currency, buy a few dense fossils and throw on it. Every ES increase is huge in this build because it gets boosted a lot.

6) Your wand holds you back a bit sadly. Although +1 is nice, it's not nearly as nice as getting 110-140% dmg (lightning%, spell%, elemental etc), as they all get boosted by Pain Attunement's more multiplier. 120% flat dmg + tier1-2 lightning to spells, is only 1-5c in trade, but you can probably afford something better even. However helmet re-craft, new flasks and preferably better rare ring and better gloves are bigger upgrades right now.

7) Lastly, drop the 2 nodes from early levels that grant Saboteur.
Invest them into a jewel socket and get a crappy 1-3c jewel which will out-dps the sabo node by a lot. Remember we can use a wide variety of multipliers, so aim for a jewel with at least one or two multipliers. (lightning skill multiplier, spell multiplier, global multiplier, elemental skill multiplier).
+ we have a lot of secondary stats we can use: lightning% dmg, trap% dmg, spell% dmg, trap throw speed%, crit spells% .. etc etc. It's quite easy in this build to find strong jewels for extremely cheap investment.

"
silverdash wrote:
I just noticed that I literally cannot kill the Lava Chamber boss with full watchstones. Even if I switch the levers, she heals back to 100% hp and the lever cooldowns are too long as well and the Maven also heals her. My dps is too low and my gear ain't bad at all but yeah... It's an infinite battle that I cannot win. I gave up after like 20 minutes.

It's not this build butthis league... It's... Unbalanced in some places...

Hi mate,

1) You're converting from lightning to cold, but you've kept the lightning setup pretty much intact and your rings atm only convert 80%.

2) 2 quicksilvers and mana flask, you need to replace at least 1 or 2 of those flasks wise oak.

3) Not sure which gem setup you're following ;P they seem a bit all over the place with double CWDT setups etc. You need an enlighten gem and to make a 4-link with it, or just strictly follow the guide gem section. Though again, with cold conversion it's a different game and I can't advise you as I've not personally been playing cold conversion.

4) Your ES must be really low because a lot of your items don't have ES or are extremely low on ES, especially your shield with only 80ES. Shield is our biggest source of ES due to our skill-tree boosting the ES gain from it.

You can replace most of those low-ES items for less than 1 chaos each and gain double or tripple their ES.

"
lacalaca wrote:
Hey man, i have to say that this is my lucky build, i have managed to get really lucky drops while leveling and managed to get a shavs so now i'm lvl 68 going low life, i got some questions here, 1- how can i improve my ES, only have 3.6k right now, i have yet to build a shaper shield, and a good helm, 2- I was thinking about saving up for a thread of hope as you have it in your POB and then getting better gear, should this be my priority instead of a shaper shield or chayula?

Hey mate,

Priority is as follows;

If you GOT currency to spend, go for low life.
If you're on a budget, go for CI and save up for a shavs.

So either 6L or buy a 5L prophecy for your shavs.
Next item would be Chayula amulet and in the meantime, just buy a 5c high-ES shield, don't worry about es-on-block yet.

After you got shavs & amulet, then decide either to go for es-on-block shield with decent ES on it, or keep your high-es shield and get a thread of hope to add more es & dps that way.

Basically, getting *decent* es gear is quite cheap. I got 5.1k at lvl 76 and i haven't played more than 10 hours total this league. I reached maps the other night and spent 5-7c total on gearing to get full ES for CI.

Last edited by oestergreen on Jul 29, 2021, 2:18:44 PM

Greetings, been looking for a build to play and this one caught my eye (solid build by the way).
Assuming we got the currency to go LL and shavs, would a wand like the one here be enough to make do for farming Sirus or would we be looking for something more substantial?
Hi, back once again with a question: I've been getting some weird one shots that seem to bypass my ES for some reason.
I got shavs, so chaos damage shouldn't go through my ES, and on death it seems i still got ES up, but I'm dead.
The mob has the following tags: Unwavering, Undead, Resists cold. I can't figure out why this is happening. Any idea?
It's not reflect or anything (I checked, ran back to the mob and didn't attack but he did the same thing to me).

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out.

If you're running this build as Low Life, be very careful of the Culling mod on expeditions!!!!!
Last edited by nevr3000 on Jul 29, 2021, 2:42:10 PM
"
oestergreen wrote:

Hi mate,

1) You're converting from lightning to cold, but you've kept the lightning setup pretty much intact and your rings atm only convert 80%.

2) 2 quicksilvers and mana flask, you need to replace at least 1 or 2 of those flasks wise oak.

3) Not sure which gem setup you're following ;P they seem a bit all over the place with double CWDT setups etc. You need an enlighten gem and to make a 4-link with it, or just strictly follow the guide gem section. Though again, with cold conversion it's a different game and I can't advise you as I've not personally been playing cold conversion.

4) Your ES must be really low because a lot of your items don't have ES or are extremely low on ES, especially your shield with only 80ES. Shield is our biggest source of ES due to our skill-tree boosting the ES gain from it.

You can replace most of those low-ES items for less than 1 chaos each and gain double or tripple their ES.

Thanks again for your detailed replies.

1) I'm not sure howto convert 100%.
2) I took it now but it's not very useful. I already destroy thrash mobs but I won't have enough charges for those really long boss fights. It's about 16 seconds of more damage but boss fights last like 3-10 minutes.
3) The enlighten was a dumb mistake on my part. I fixed it. The rest of the setup is as high as I could get it on a 5L without rolling more off-colors.
4) Mostly fixed now. But at 6k es I still get oneshot by many mobs and bosses, there's not much difference imo between 4k and 6k at T16.

I still have huge endgame dps problems. Either I need 9k ES to prevent oneshots I guess (requires expensive GGG gear) or I need way more dps (but then I also need GGG gear and get rid of the freeze setup). I'm still unsure what to do.
Last edited by silverdash on Jul 29, 2021, 3:54:51 PM
"
onekil1_xD wrote:
hey , can you explain: I have good gear, but mobs on t14+ with each hit as if blinde and block do not work

what can i do to fix this?
You have no "Trigger a socketed spell" enchant/mod on your wand as far as I can see.
Last edited by silverdash on Jul 29, 2021, 3:58:10 PM
Hi there, 1st of all this is a very nice build, having fun so far, and it works great.

I got 5.7k ES, 31k dmg on lightning trap in HO, and i've spent around 7-8 ex so far(this league luck was on my side), my question what should I upgrade now, show I go for a watcher eye or 6l Shavrone or what you say?

If you could check my char and give me a tip that would be great!

Thank you, stay safe!
"
kimwilde86 wrote:
linked with cluster traps + multiple traps man
cmon ...
change that

I guess he throws 5 traps at the same time now? xD Maybe good for clearing. But yea, huge less damage penalty with both.
Last edited by FedeS on Jul 29, 2021, 4:36:51 PM
"
silverdash wrote:
"
oestergreen wrote:

Hi mate,

Thanks again for your detailed replies.

1) I'm not sure howto convert 100%.
2) I took it now but it's not very useful. I already destroy thrash mobs but I won't have enough charges for those really long boss fights. It's about 16 seconds of more damage but boss fights last like 3-10 minutes.
3) The enlighten was a dumb mistake on my part. I fixed it. The rest of the setup is as high as I could get it on a 5L without rolling more off-colors.
4) Mostly fixed now. But at 6k es I still get oneshot by many mobs and bosses, there's not much difference imo between 4k and 6k at T16.

I still have huge endgame dps problems. Either I need 9k ES to prevent oneshots I guess (requires expensive GGG gear) or I need way more dps (but then I also need GGG gear and get rid of the freeze setup). I'm still unsure what to do.

I have the same issue, but sometimes i loose like 100hp while energy shield is full and I dont underrstand why.
Looking over ur gear and skill tree and it's very similar to my GC Miner in Heist league. Always wanted to try traps and gonna give this a go.
been loving playing a trapper again thanks for the guide and all the answers you give!

how much Pen are we aiming for on the character sheet? Mine says 6% then i have a 7% wise oak. Not using Lightning pen gem yet as dont have the 6th link yet and not high enough level for the cluster setup so just wanted to check im not missing pen anywhere and it just about getting those levels and 6th link.

Thanks,

Ryu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info