[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

For people asking about cold conversion or ice trap:

DMG-wise they are not far apart. Max dmg ice trap is 1344 and lightning trap is 1399, but ice trap has much better minimum dmg of 800 vs 500, but a slightly higher overall mana cost.

The real difference is the clear, where for obvious reasons ice trap falls far behind. However, that doesn't mean it can't be good, it just means it's a trade-off you need to decide about.

Defense-wise lightning trap will blind everything on-screen and off-screen, which is big, especially considering the nature of it's AOE.

Ice trap can potentially freeze map bosses, however ice trap doesn't shotgun the way lightning trap does, so the damage might feel weaker for single target without strong gear. (If you look @ice trap, the way it works is the center is a big ice explo, with minor explosions in a circle around it, which will not interact with the main target in the middle, where oppositely lightning trap is an effect where all balls derive from the middle)

I'll link to a video explaining it better from TarkeCat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FylOoJIMig#t=19m38s

Now there are other ways if you want to chill/freeze/shatter stuff. Cold conversion is definitely an option in this build and not difficult to achieve, in fact the skill-tree remains 99% the same.

What you do is you get 2 brotherhood rings to convert lightning to cold and you swap 2-3 points in the tree. (mainly the ones added through thread of hope, you swap them to the cold counterparts that are available also via thread of hope)

A few people was doing this with this build in 3.13 and clearing everything as well, while shattering etc. The upside is you keep the great clear from Lightning Trap and the damage shotgun effect. Downside is you lose about 1.2k ES from not having rare rings with es% and es#.

Overall there are MANY ways of customizing this build to suit your needs imo, which is why I don't wanna pigeon-hole anyone into ONE thing only. IMO you should do whatever you enjoy the most, so if you wanna try Ice Trap, then honestly I'm sure it can work with this tree, as long as you swap a few points around and are aware of the differences/don't mind a little less clear.

Last edited by oestergreen on Jul 29, 2021, 3:35:49 AM
Well, since my post was totally ignored I will make it short and try again:

- Final links setup? Ele focus seems week, my opinion is Trap-TrapDmg-CLuster-Pene-CritChance-Inspiration Also Im not a big fan of inspiration, idk why. And why final PoB numbers when swapping gems are so deifferent than mine lol.

- Point of sigil of power? I mean, Its 12 seconds, and we are lowering traps costs so much that imo its not worth it, before we reach like stage 3 at gem level 12-ish its gone.

- Can You check my character and tell me if there are any things I can improve in terms of dps? I feel no matter what highest max buff dps I can get now is average 300k. I know its 300k x3 x9 but still it feels weird.

- Cluster Jewels - do or do not, if do - use the one you have in guide, or any advices to minmax cluster jewels?

Last edited by cr1tical_tomato on Jul 29, 2021, 4:03:19 AM
"
Well, since my post was totally ignored I will make it short and try again:

- Final links setup? Ele focus seems week, my opinion is Trap-TrapDmg-CLuster-Pene-CritChance-Inspiration Also Im not a big fan of inspiration, idk why. And why final PoB numbers when swapping gems are so deifferent than mine lol.

- Point of sigil of power? I mean, Its 12 seconds, and we are lowering traps costs so much that imo its not worth it, before we reach like stage 3 at gem level 12-ish its gone.

- Can You check my character and tell me if there are any things I can improve in terms of dps? I feel no matter what highest max buff dps I can get now is average 300k. I know its 300k x3 x9 but still it feels weird.

- Cluster Jewels - do or do not, if do - use the one you have in guide, or any advices to minmax cluster jewels?

You can never 1:1 "what is BEST!?".. as it boils down to your individual gear and stats/budget. One guy might have pen on his 1h or have gone full cluster at lvl 80 and thus have lots of pen there and then he will see different results from another guy who focused spell% on all gear and lacks pen or vice versa.

I've included in the guide the strongest gem setup for the build and assuming you have the cluster setup.

If you want complete accuracy for the level & gear you're at, then you should POB your links. For the build and POB, the 6 gems I included are the strongest damage setup, including inspiration support and elem focus.

Sigil is great if you leave it around lvl 10-12. It's free extra burst damage when engaging a "big boss" where you can stack all traps before the encounter starts. Is it necessary? no not at all, again, pick your own preference or swap it for something completely different like a town portal or w/e quality of life you want if your DPS is fine.

The cluster setup in the guide is min-maxed, meaning it's the best dps per point spent in terms of a cluster setup that we can fit.

Goodluck HF
Okay, so we use large cluster with no medium then I guess, since thats whats in new PoB. Gotcha, will do, I just need to find proper way of upgrading my gear.

I will probably start with helmet enchant, then fix all rares in gear. :D
What are the recommended gems for double brotherhood? I fear getting enough off-colours on body armour for it.
Hey there, I'm trying to do white maps and seem to be struggling a little bit. Sometimes I can finish maps and then there are times where I just get one tapped. My knowledge on gear is very limited so would anyone mind checking out my character and tell me where I can improve?

As of right now I am currently on 1192 Life and 4250 Energy (Discipline Activated)

Any help is really appreciated :D
Your profile is private, nobody can check it.

Getting one-shot with that much ES and life in white maps sounds wrong yes.
Oops forgot I had it turned private. I have gone and made it public.
Solvein , you need Shavronne's Wrappings before you can go low life because chaos damage from certain mobs will one shot you. It seems to me those one shots are from chaos damage only effecting your 1.1k life pool and ignoring ES.
"
Solvein wrote:
Oops forgot I had it turned private. I have gone and made it public.

well right off the bat I can see you have little to no life on your gear or tree. Everything is ES. which is fine.

except you didnt take CI on the tree even though you pathed right to it so your lack of life without CI means any chaos damage will delete you in a split second because it will bypass your shield and hit your low life pool

you also need to NOT be using arrogance and zealotry at all right now. not until you have a shavs

You're essentially reserving all your life, down to a miniscule amount, but leaving yuorself vulnerable to chaos damage because you dont have Shavs.

turn off zealotry, pick up CI on the tree. Then get a shavs, drop CI and turn zealotry back on
Last edited by DotsandDashes on Jul 29, 2021, 8:32:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info