[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Good news for endgame, the new patch notes revealed that they will nerf the map curses. That will prevent quite some one-shots, at least for me.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3154561
Big thanks for the guide, i really like the build.

I'm very inexperienced beyond the initial stages of mapping and I'm spending hours pouring over items and your guide trying to figure out how to improve.

I have a tad over the 75 point tree invested into skills and havent made any conscious effort to switch to low life. I've 6linked a shavs and picked up the ammy, but I dont know where to focus next.

I expect there's glaring dumbass parts of my current setup that I'm just unaware of, but im keen to learn.

Would you have any advice on my next steps? Mainly seeking to get tankier, as a noob like me doesnt really understand what kills him half the time.
"
alexartak wrote:

I have the same issue, but sometimes i loose like 100hp while energy shield is full and I dont underrstand why.

You are doing the new mechanic and opening chests that say they got monsters that execute. Same as you wouldn't open a chest called lightning immune, do not open execute chests, or you will die. :)

You can thank GGG for being trolls with that one.
Last edited by oestergreen on Jul 30, 2021, 3:27:12 AM
"
warlow_Aus wrote:
Big thanks for the guide, i really like the build.

I'm very inexperienced beyond the initial stages of mapping and I'm spending hours pouring over items and your guide trying to figure out how to improve.

I have a tad over the 75 point tree invested into skills and havent made any conscious effort to switch to low life. I've 6linked a shavs and picked up the ammy, but I dont know where to focus next.

I expect there's glaring dumbass parts of my current setup that I'm just unaware of, but im keen to learn.

Would you have any advice on my next steps? Mainly seeking to get tankier, as a noob like me doesnt really understand what kills him half the time.

hello m8

You badly need a new wand and you can get one for less than 1-5c which will blow your current one to the moon.

You have an urgent need to fix your ES, idk how you are alive in maps honestly ;P you are using a shield with 40 ES... spend 3-5c and get one with 250-300ES and your es-pool will go up by a thousand+.

Fix flasks asap, you're still using leveling ones and health flasks.
Get wise oak and diamond flask.

Remove saboteur node and spend the 2 points on a jewel socket and buy a 1c jewel with multipliers.

Get an enlighten gem to start leveling it, or buy a broken lvl 3 enlighten to sort out your 4link aura's setup. (this can wait, the other things above have priority)

weapons:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/EaqZzGzH5
Item Class: Wands
Rarity: Rare
Rage Spell
Omen Wand
--------
Wand
Physical Damage: 33-61
Critical Strike Chance: 9.12% (augmented)
Attacks per Second: 1.20
--------
Requirements:
Level: 53
Int: 200
--------
Sockets: B-B-B
--------
Item Level: 74
--------
{ Implicit Modifier — Damage, Caster }
29(27-31)% increased Spell Damage (implicit)
--------
{ Prefix Modifier "Shocking" (Tier: 3) — Damage, Elemental, Lightning, Caster }
Adds 2(2-7) to 90(88-93) Lightning Damage to Spells
{ Prefix Modifier "Agonizing" (Tier: 3) — Damage, Elemental, Lightning, Chaos }
Gain 7(5-7)% of Lightning Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
{ Prefix Modifier "Magister's" (Tier: 1) — Caster, Gem }
+1 to Level of all Spell Skill Gems
{ Suffix Modifier "of Needling" (Tier: 6) — Attack, Critical }
14(10-14)% increased Critical Strike Chance
{ Master Crafted Suffix Modifier "of Craft" (Rank: 2) — Damage, Elemental, Lightning }
15(13-16)% increased Lightning Damage (crafted)

I have this wand in reserve at the moment, my damage calc in pob goes nuts to 4m average damage.. so i feel like i cant trust the calc.

Should I shop for a new one or use this?
Hey, I managed to change some things around from my previous post in regards to getting one tapped and also managed to get shavs.

I've noticed my damage is a bit lacking right now. In terms of weapon should I be aiming for %lightning damage or just raw lightning damage increase?

Is there anything else I can improve on?
Hi there :) I just wanted to say thanks for this guide! I have no problem understanding anything, I also rely on poe ninja for some improvements and loving the build so far :) I added void sphere with assassin's mark and wave of conviction which makes the build a bit more fun :D
I'm still nowhere as I'm not playing a lot, still need helmet with enchantment and shavs and so on, but I love traps so I'm having a blast playing it!
Good day to you Sir!
Man I don't know, damage and defensive fall off so hard at t14s with mediocore gear... I'm trying my best, but damn, I dont feel the dps and survi. :/
"
Man I don't know, damage and defensive fall off so hard at t14s with mediocore gear... I'm trying my best, but damn, I dont feel the dps and survi. :/

Why is tempest shield in your wand trigger setup m8? exchange assassins mark and tempest shield location, so you are cursing.

You should start using POB when you do custom changes, or follow the guide more to the letter mate. You have inc crit strikes as your 5th when guide says elem focus or inspiration supp.

Swapping this crit strikes gem you added with elem focus is 11% dps gain, no work involved. Getting your 6th gem is probably your next goal and will be a 29% dps gain.

Getting jewel sockets is your next big thing, as each one is a chunky DPS upgrade for very minimal investment.

Example:

These 1c jewels each add 6-10% dps upgrade.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/eEZRXE4cL

You have a lot of room to upgrade the build on your way into the end-game. I showed last league doing all content on a 5link budget only, but that doesn't mean I cleared T14-16 without good budget gearing and taking advantage of the skill-tree having a lot of jewel sockets and cheap start jewels at 1c each. And obviously the playstyle is very safe if you draw advantage of the trap mechanic combined with saboteur ascendancies.

"
MadHatterAbi wrote:
Hi there :) I just wanted to say thanks for this guide! I have no problem understanding anything, I also rely on poe ninja for some improvements and loving the build so far :) I added void sphere with assassin's mark and wave of conviction which makes the build a bit more fun :D
I'm still nowhere as I'm not playing a lot, still need helmet with enchantment and shavs and so on, but I love traps so I'm having a blast playing it!
Good day to you Sir!

Glad to hear it mate, keep on trucking:)

There is plenty of room for customizability and flexibility in terms of using your own preferred QOL items/gems, so it's good to hear you are drawing advantage of it:)

"
Solvein wrote:
Hey, I managed to change some things around from my previous post in regards to getting one tapped and also managed to get shavs.

I've noticed my damage is a bit lacking right now. In terms of weapon should I be aiming for %lightning damage or just raw lightning damage increase?

Lightning% dmg, spell% dmg, elemental dmg -- they are all the same and equal 1:1. Search for "lightning spell damage" and it'll search for all 3 types I listed. Get a weapon with 100+ and with 40-50+ added to spells minimum:

Last edited by oestergreen on Jul 30, 2021, 5:23:55 AM
Spoiler
"
oestergreen wrote:
"

Why is tempest shield in your wand trigger setup m8? exchange assassins mark and tempest shield location, so you are cursing.

You should start using POB when you do custom changes, or follow the guide more to the letter mate. You have inc crit strikes as your 5th when guide says elem focus or inspiration supp.

Swapping this crit strikes gem you added with elem focus is 11% dps gain, no work involved. Getting your 6th gem is probably your next goal and will be a 29% dps gain.

Getting jewel sockets is your next big thing, as each one is a chunky DPS upgrade for very minimal investment.

Example:

These 1c jewels each add 6-10% dps upgrade.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/eEZRXE4cL

You have a lot of room to upgrade the build on your way into the end-game. I showed last league doing all content on a 5link budget only, but that doesn't mean I cleared T14-16 without good budget gearing and taking advantage of the skill-tree having a lot of jewel sockets and cheap start jewels at 1c each. And obviously the playstyle is very safe if you draw advantage of the trap mechanic combined with saboteur ascendancies.

"
MadHatterAbi wrote:
Good day to you Sir!

Glad to hear it mate, keep on trucking:)

There is plenty of room for customizability and flexibility in terms of using your own preferred QOL items/gems, so it's good to hear you are drawing advantage of it:)

"
Solvein wrote:

Lightning% dmg, spell% dmg, elemental dmg -- they are all the same and equal 1:1. Search for "lightning spell damage" and it'll search for all 3 types I listed. Get a weapon with 100+ and with 40-50+ added to spells minimum:

First of all I do PoB. I played this game A LOT and trust me, I know what im doing, crit was there for a short period of time before I bought abyss jewels to belt. Technically the less flat lightning u have, then better option is to use crit chance instead of ele focus.

Now CWDT and Assmark stuff - its simple as fuck - I dont have enough mana after cwdt changes to cast Assmark on CWDT. Since clearspeed is something okayish I manually use Assmark on rares/bosses, Im used to it, so its fine. When I will find a way to improve my mana pool I will switch assmark and tempshield, coz assmark-trigger costs 94 mana, and I do have 95 mana open - and since im throwing traps all the time - assmark doesnt trigger. Im considering some mana nodes, coz even if i get 20% mana from cluster jewel - I wanna get rid off dream fragments later on, wich gives 20% inc mana anyway, so I will be at the same point lol.

Also someone mentioned it few pages later - your 2mln PoB dps is kinda fake, coz its setup for perfect condiotions with every utility up at a one point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info