[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"
TheRealDeria wrote:
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
TheRealDeria wrote:
Question about the passive tree:

Why is arcane vision taken? Is +30 accuracy that significant? I feel like this is something I just don't know enough about, but it jumps out at me.

Without arcane vision you'll have very low visibility once you reserve your life to go low-life as your light radius is based on your health. Arcane vision bases your light radius on your ES pool instead of life pool.

Ah, I see (no pun intended). I haven't reached the transition point yet, but your explanation makes total sense. Thanks!

EDIT: Actually, pain attunement suddenly makes a lot more sense now. If your life is low enough that visibility would be a problem, I suspect its also low enough that pain attunement goes from a convenient-in-an-emergency type of thing to a permanent damage boost. I'm learning all sorts of interesting things with this build.

It comes down to personal preference and what maps you're running. If you're okay with it being really really dark in indoor maps and you really need the point elsewhere you don't need it.

On some builds I have a few regrets and will grab that point for things like lab.
livejamie
Here's my progress after a few days.

Playing an off-meta build is nice; 6 Link Tinkerskin was 2ex, 21/23 Vaal Lightning Trap was 20c.

I'm confident I should be able to do all content and save up some currency to switch to LL eventually, I'm in no rush though.

livejamie
Hello sir, Any clue on where to use Energy From Within Cobalt Jewel

So., This is my progress day 3, pretty easy all content when i switch to full es.

Vaal lightning gem its like 30c 21/23.

Thanks for build, Can u explain me how good its concentrate effect with increased critical strikes?, i dont understand

Last edited by Ownlirh on Dec 15, 2019, 11:32:03 PM
"

So., This is my progress day 3, pretty easy all content when i switch to full es.

Thanks for build, Can u explain me how good its concentrate effect with increased critical strikes?, i dont understand

Your gear make me jealous. I'm only having shav with 5 links and still using low price rare item with high res and energy shield (because I'm die too often and that neglect my leveling. You can check my profile and saw that I'm only level 80 after 2 days because I'm struggling in farming map) The Chayula and the unique is a mandatory item to this build or not?
"
"

Your gear make me jealous. I'm only having shav with 5 links and still using low price rare item with high res and energy shield (because I'm die too often and that neglect my leveling. You can check my profile and saw that I'm only level 80 after 2 days because I'm struggling in farming map) The Chayula and the unique is a mandatory item to this build or not?

You die because you didn't pick Zealot's oath mate, it's mandatory in the tree, as it makes your ascendancy restore energy shield instead of life:)
Drop some of your ES in the tree, the es+mana nodes and go to the far left and pickup Zealot's Oath and perhaps some mana reserve reductions so you can run discipline, zealotry and wrath as minimum (i got those active+clarity and me and you got similar level, i'm 75 atm)

A lot of your gear has very low ES, even for early rares. Especially your rings/amulet. I've picked up mine for 1-2c max and they give a really big ES boost.

I think if you fix the skill tree to pickup zealot's oath and add a bit more ES to your gear, then you'll see you won't die unless you over-extend into packs a lot and don't let your traps do the screen-clear they can:P

If you wonder which parts to focus on in your tree at lvl 80, take a look at mine by clicking my characters: DissentXTV. Gl :)
Last edited by oestergreen on Dec 16, 2019, 1:35:26 AM
"
"

I really feels bad when i was in acts, i die like 150 times because i dont know how to switch to Energy shield, but after farm some chaos, i just destroy the atlas lmao :D
Hi Sir, I follow your guide but I'm new to trap build so I don't know that Zealot's Oath is a key node and struggling a lot. (Please mention about it for a newbie like now what will happen to them). I have some spare skill book from quest because I'm rush 10 act and then farming map for currency to invest into gear. Yesterday I drop 1 ex and change tinker-skin to shav ( I die a lot when using tinker-skin, after using shav I die less but I must carefull approaching monster pack -> I will neglect my farming speed).

You are totally right about my ring because when using tinker-skin, I find out that I lacking Dexterity to wear it (105 dex if I'm remember correctly). I wil try to change to new one or should I aiming for chayula and saphire ring? Is it a mandatory item? ( I will lacking a lot of res if I'm using saphire ring, I have flask that remove freeze so I'm ok with freeze. The 60% chao res and huge ES from Chayula make me wanna have it so bad, but the price….)

When reading your guide for the first time I have a question. Do you play patch 3.8? I can't see your information about anoint node from oil. Also you do not mention about beast enhancement.

Zealotry and Skitterbot. I think shitterbot will trigger the trap quickly and don't wait until the monster step on it -> So it will be faster. But the point is I'm lacking damage……cannot one shot monster pack yet.

About 5 link set up, I'm not clear about your new note. My shav only have 4B 1G so I using cluster for more trap than trap and mine damage. I must change the color?

"
I really feels bad when i was in acts, i die like 150 times because i dont know how to switch to Energy shield, but after farm some chaos, i just destroy the atlas lmao :D

I'm die a lot that I'm keep spit "What the f*ck” out of my mouth last sunday enough to let my mother tell me to keep quiet. I smash my mouse and almost cry a lot man… And then God save me with 1 exalt drop. You can't imagine how happy I'm after and saw it "Shav coming boy” :lmao:
@ilovejesus1992

Read my response to you upper, it's important you pickup Zealot's Oath - without that you'll die.
Your survival is based around sabo ascendancy giving you 1% regen per trap triggered, so you need Zealot's oath so that you will be restoring ES on the fly for every trap triggered.

Also remember to look at the recommended gems. You should be running 3 blue and 2 green on a 5L. Cluster + trap and mine dmg should be your 2 greens, while 3 blue should be lightning trap, lightning pen and elemental focus if you lack damage you feel.

Yes I played this in 3.8 - the guide was released for 3.8:)
Anointment was Master Sapper.

I'm almost 80 with 2 deaths, first being a metamorph where I literal walked into bad stuff on the ground lol and 2nd was being AFK thinking the area was clear;)
As a trapper you really should feel quite safe if you are throwing your traps while moving and always before you flame dash right into the middle of packs.

Last edited by oestergreen on Dec 16, 2019, 2:11:59 AM
Thank you sir. This is the first time I play trap and also play ES - lowlife style so I have difficult in what to-do and what don't.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info