[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

I must be stupid but I don't get what would be the exact change of going low life. I understand the idea, but what item or tree node do you use to go low life?
Been looking around poe ninja, noticed some people do cold conversion, thoughts on that?
"
I see that big part of the defenses are Max Block + recover ES on block, how hard is it to get that stat line in the first week?

ES on Block alone is not that difficult to get if you get your hands on a shaper shield, the rest of the block comes largely from the tree so you reach decent amounts.

"
How do you feel about this build compared to other trappers?

Fire has the hardest boss burst but needs the most damage on the gear, Ice can freeze and therefore feels saver with chill/slows. All of them roughly function in the same way as the trees can be very similar, it all comes down to your playstyle. You can increase the dmg in the videos from ostergreen by about 40-50% but you´ll lose the tankyness. It´s too much down to personal preference to call one or the other "better", aside that I would agree that lightning traps clear is superior.

"
Let me be fair and say that I had close to perfect gear in Ritual League, so clearing the feared in 30s looks super easy.

I don´t even think so - I mean yeah, gear looks fine etc, but you don´t have a lot of elevated mods on it, let alone multiple ones on one item. That´s not meant as an insult, it´s actually the opposite: Your gear seems quite obtainable, even without harvest its possible to come close to it.

"
Fix and update your gem section in POB and in guide gem section, please, it's looking messy,outdated and mislead people.
How lazy can someone be? My god, it´s not that difficult to delete them yourself. Calling it missleading is such an overexxageration, please go and play a different build if it bothers you that much. I´ll have a good laugh when you´re stuck in yellow maps while I chainclear uber elder.

@Oster - Thanks for keeping that guide up to date, I never played Traps before and actually swapped from a different trap build I was planning to start to yours as it makes the introduction to this playstyle very easy, even though I´ve never used anything else but my Pathfinder-Build. I personally like especially the focus on defensive capabilities, as I hate dying and seeing that even in the feared you can take a hit or two without instantly dying gets me very hyped.
Did my testruns with it already, 4.30 to maps was my PB and since I´m duostarting with a friend I think I can beat that. Really hyped, thanks for the build! :)
Last edited by Vennto on Apr 16, 2021, 4:49:50 AM
Vennto here! Nice to see You man :) Im starting this build too and change from PS. Now we gonna see mirrored items from You too?:>
BzyxXx

SURSUM CORDA 4 LIFE
Coming from ED i will try to start with this build this season. Looks awesome. Have never tried a trapper before.
Thanks for the guide
Last edited by Singulare on Apr 16, 2021, 8:12:02 AM
Gonna try this as a league starter it seems really promising !

Thanks for the detailed guide, easy to read & understand
"
Insinfi_POE wrote:
I must be stupid but I don't get what would be the exact change of going low life. I understand the idea, but what item or tree node do you use to go low life?

when u reserve %50 or more of your hp you count as low life. and when u go low life u skill pain attunement from tree and have more spell dmg.
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." -PoE Design Team Member.
"Get your magic finder characters ready!" -Chris Wilson
"
Insinfi_POE wrote:

You get option to squeze more auras and to have usage of Pain Atunement, to do it you just respec your life nodes to ES nodes, also ES have better scalling and allow us to get to 8k without much problem and investment. But key item is Shavrone Wrapings, without it dont go for LL.
Thanks guys for all the kind words and thanks especially also to those helping answering questions, as there are always a lot of those when a new league is right around the corner :)

There's tons and tons of content really worth reading for anyone going backwards 15-25 pages in this thread, as you'll find a lot of answers there.
Likewise you'll find lots of players who ran the build during Ritual and posted a lot of great and detailed results and thoughts of their combined experiences (so like the last 30 pages backwards in this thread), which could help a new player or someone thinking/deciding about trying this build.

I've updated the guide in every crucial area that I can think and the POB's and gems are up2date, as well as my Ritual gear can be seen with gems included when you open the gem section. I've also gone over the lvl 1-28 section again and added another new early points image for anyone just wanting to get started without POB. Finally I've updated the original POB with a lvl 35'ish tree that also suggests getting trap throwing speed asap (around lvl 14, for most average/normal levelers that's ca around the merveil boss).
Just remember that some early points are optional and will be removed later with the free regrets you obtain during leveling.

Are you going to start with pyromaniac? I played this build yesterday to test early lvling and i went with perfect crime first and well it was rough in terms of survivability. Is pyromaniac that good?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info