[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"
Wyra wrote:
"
ozzye666 wrote:
I would really wanna know if lightning trap is better than arc-trap (taking in account that NOT all projectile hit the target...and sometime from 5 mobs 1 remain alive...). POB doesnt help me since both spells have different mechanics.... Anyone could help me?

One thing OP doesn't mention in the main thread that I feel helps a lot for clear speed is that if you do NOT have a 3 extra pierce helmet enchant it feels like pierce is a superior link for clear speed rather than using lightning pen/controlled destruction or whatever other link you use. I've been using it since the start and im still mapping on a 4l atm with no issues and I just swap it for slower proj on tougher boss kills if needed.

This is true :) without lab pierce enchant, either add pierce to your lightning trap links or pick pierce on the tree (costs 2 pathing points and 3 skill points for a total of 5)
I'll add that info to the guide also :)
I've been playing with this build (and because I play slowly, I'm still very low level) and it seems to be an interesting playstyle/mechanic.

I do have a couple of questions, though:

1) Are the gem links listed in order of priority? The guide is a little confusing in the levelling section due to the layout (ie: at level 12, you are not likely to have a 6 link but it lists everything). It might be helpful if it more clearly indicated which gems were key and which are nice-to-have-but-not-crucial.

2) Right now it feels easy to miss some enemies in a group -- is that always going to be an issue with this build because of the nova? The traps always seem to land in a straight line in front of me (ie: I can't just throw them in random directions as far as I can tell) so there definitely seem to be avenues in the nova where no damage happens.

3) Damage against single-targets seems week (ie: metamorph) at first. It looks like later on I will get a lightning spire (whatever that is -- not there yet!) to help with single target damage, but will that be enough oomph or will I always struggle with single target? It might be worth noting in the guide that for this league its relatively important to get single-target damage early on since people will be fighting single-target bosses in metamorph a lot. (edit: To be clear, I've only actually died to the metamorph once so far and I'm pretty sure I just wasn't paying attention to my health at the time, so I'm not saying single-target damage is in dire straits or anything. I'm more just curious about how it will shape up as the game gets harder.)

4) Some guides suggest setting skills to "always attack without moving". For a trapper is that recommended? I currently have it setup that way and it seems fine, but I've never played a trapper before so I thought asking might be wise.

5) Does anyone have any suggestions for alternate movement skills? Flame dash is OK, but the charge limit can be a little irritating. Are there any movement skills that would tie in better with the mechanics of the build better? (It could be that flame dash is really the best choice; I'm just not sure.)

Anyway, so far the build seems like a fun playstyle that I've never tried before so I'm really glad you put in all the effort to make it!
Last edited by TheRealDeria on Dec 14, 2019, 12:32:19 PM
"
Wyra wrote:
"
ozzye666 wrote:
I would really wanna know if lightning trap is better than arc-trap (taking in account that NOT all projectile hit the target...and sometime from 5 mobs 1 remain alive...). POB doesnt help me since both spells have different mechanics.... Anyone could help me?

One thing OP doesn't mention in the main thread that I feel helps a lot for clear speed is that if you do NOT have a 3 extra pierce helmet enchant it feels like pierce is a superior link for clear speed rather than using lightning pen/controlled destruction or whatever other link you use. I've been using it since the start and im still mapping on a 4l atm with no issues and I just swap it for slower proj on tougher boss kills if needed.

Best tip! Made that change and its like playing another build. :)) thank you!
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
Wyra wrote:
"
ozzye666 wrote:

This is true :) without lab pierce enchant, either add pierce to your lightning trap links or pick pierce on the tree (costs 2 pathing points and 3 skill points for a total of 5)
I'll add that info to the guide also :)

Hello, I am not that experienced in the game as you guys, here's the question: Would poachers aim unique jewel (projectiles pierce an additional target) good cheap replacement of pierce gem or spending 5 points in tree?
Will be transitioning to this build once I pick up a shavs..but in the meantime: did they remove addition traps per throw from shaper gloves? I know they tweaked some things but I didn't know if they came out with a list or w/e.

Looking forward to the build :)
"
oothomioo wrote:
Will be transitioning to this build once I pick up a shavs..but in the meantime: did they remove addition traps per throw from shaper gloves? I know they tweaked some things but I didn't know if they came out with a list or w/e.

Looking forward to the build :)

Yes
livejamie
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
Aztrokiller wrote:
Im brand new and want to so this build, but the skills, which ones do I go for first? Can you edit it to where it shows what to get like from level 1-10 11-20 etc :) If not, I guess I can figure it out.

Thanks for the build either way, looks good :)

Hey mate, check my character list (just click my name and have a look at DissentXTV) I'm always rushing the right side of the skill-tree first for the damage. :)

Thanks man, I think I got it now after looking at your build.
Do you have any stepbystep tree guide :)?
Fun to play build, thanks for sharing! Atm main downsides are lack of survivability and no leech.
Died 30 times for the main storyline (10x times on last kitava's metamorph lol and most other deaths on metamorphs aswell)
PoE nowadays looks more and more like a fork server with tons of custom weird experimental stuff rather than original game with carefully thought out balance brough live to players.
Last edited by judikator on Dec 15, 2019, 5:48:21 AM
"
judikator wrote:
Fun to play build, thanks for sharing! Atm main downsides are lack of survivability and no leech.
Died 30 times for the main storyline (10x times on last kitava's metamorph lol and most other deaths on metamorphs aswell)

1: Use a shield over a wand if you're going the early ES way, you'll gain way more out of it and the damage on a 4l is good enough to carry you all the way to t10 maps if not red maps really.

2: Look into getting a tinkerskin instead of an ES chest, tinker will help you quite a lot of survivability for a 4-5c item. Lasted me all the way to my LL switch which I just did.

3: Replace multi trap for cluster trap, multi traps can often shoot traps too far apart for your chain detonations to proc from your ascendancy.

4: Once you got your shield look to get a cheap 3-5c scepter with the recommended mods from the main thread. Easier to use scepters over wands to be able to get your needed colors for CWDT / Steelskin / enfeeble. Keep it relatively low level until you go LL with over 5k es minimum which in that case up it to lv 6 or so. This will be the biggest survivability boost you can get.
Last edited by Wyra on Dec 15, 2019, 6:17:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info