[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Damage is silly at this point;)
I'm gonna use the 2nd reserved post to re-edit some skill-gem parts of the guide, before i re-insert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yRab5u0a1U&ab_channel=oestergreen

p.s. Who would like to see some MTX added for lightning traps! -.-
@GGG please add some stuff I can throw money at... maybe the shaper balls for lightning traps? pretty please?

Last edited by oestergreen on Feb 17, 2021, 9:22:42 AM
Hey! build looks awesome , first time i'm trying the trap playstyle but i seem to be doing something wrong? i feel like i'm a bit too squishy and my dmg is not that great.. could anyone here point out to me what im doing wrong and how i can improve the build in both dps and not dying as much? Would honestly appreciate it (only have about 10 ex to spend as of now)
https://pastebin.com/P7YXqUrb
Last edited by ryan_MD on Feb 17, 2021, 1:24:21 PM
"
ryan_MD wrote:
Hey! build looks awesome , first time i'm trying the trap playstyle but i seem to be doing something wrong? i feel like i'm a bit too squishy and my dmg is not that great.. could anyone here point out to me what im doing wrong and how i can improve the build in both dps and not dying as much? Would honestly appreciate it (only have about 10 ex to spend as of now)

Hey mate, I would make these adjustments:

1) Get the lab enchant for helmet, you need the pierce badly, to protect yourself. (everything you hit is blinded at 100% chance, so pierce is extremely useful for not feeling squishy)
2) Exchange jade flask for Quartz (phasing) - it's important being able to pass through packs imo.
3) Are you remembering to use vaal disc? it's an instant save-my-life button if you feel pressured - pretty much making you immortal for 3 seconds.
4) If you want to boost your dmg a bit more, you can try my current gem setup. Using a trigger wand and a thread of hope for 20c.
(altho, you should have plenty damage for end-game, without my ritual league setup, but it's easy to try my current as there are no pathing changes - just a slightly different gem setup and crafted trigger suffix on my weapon)

Most importantly though, is to get pierce asap, preferably as ulab enchant.
A nice damage increase would also be to get your ulab lightning enchant on your boots.

Hope it helps

Last edited by oestergreen on Feb 17, 2021, 2:43:29 PM
Is ES/low life better/stronger than the Chain Breaker route?
"
oestergreen wrote:
In SSFHC i'd definitely go full life until ready to switch to CI (or LL if you get your hands on a shavs). I personally prefer CI over life, but that's a preference and because it obviously makes it easier swapping from CI to LL, than life to ES (2 points and same gearing).

I also pick Pyromaniac first and Born in the shadows second in labs, for max survivability.

The routing, you can definitely use Demi's old one (the main pathing remain the same and you're anyway going to use regrets later if you intend going ES, so whichever way you decide to pick health-nodes in HC is up to you)

Pierce is quite easy to get atm (especially atm), I find quite a few talismans in ritual with pierce. If you go via demi's life route, it might be easy to grab the pierce on the tree, but even better would be any tasliman you come across with pierce and some health. Otherwise, depending on your damage/what you find, i'd use a pierce gem while clearing acts and after you got born in the shadows from lab, if you have no other source of pierce, just to be safer and to take advantage of the fact that you blind everything you hit (born in the shadows).
Can always swap the pierce gem out on bosses for more damage.

have fun m8:)

yeah, I ended up going full CI for the easier transition to low life later on (SSF transition to CI is a pain in the ass, tho).

one question about Glancing Blows: should I rush it regardless of having a % es recovered on block shield? attack and spell block is sitting at a neat 56/50 with it, but I feel like I'm getting hit for more, overall.

also, how does pyromaniac's regen work with CI? is it based on 10% of your total ES pool? i'm stuck with a stone golem and vitality on this early stage to actually survive (390 ES regen without this setup/682 ES regen with this setup).

i'll also try to ditch the pierce nodes to see if they make a big difference in clear and/or survivability. it's something like 8 points to guarantee 3 pierces with lightning trap, and those could really be used somewhere else.
Last edited by leafyr0kr on Feb 17, 2021, 5:22:57 PM
Chain reaction is stronger than explosives expert?
"
Chain reaction is stronger than explosives expert?

Yes mate. Chain reaction is amazing for Saboteur trappers and the reason we can bypass the need to stack trigger effect area stat or use a crappy belt. (other ascendancies have to stack trigger area effect or use a crappy sunblast belt:)
Basically, if you didn't have chain reaction, you'd need to stack enough area trigger effect to traps, in order to reach 18 units of area trigger effect.

"
leafyr0kr wrote:

yeah, I ended up going full CI for the easier transition to low life later on (SSF transition to CI is a pain in the ass, tho).

one question about Glancing Blows: should I rush it regardless of having a % es recovered on block shield? attack and spell block is sitting at a neat 56/50 with it, but I feel like I'm getting hit for more, overall.

also, how does pyromaniac's regen work with CI? is it based on 10% of your total ES pool? i'm stuck with a stone golem and vitality on this early stage to actually survive (390 ES regen without this setup/682 ES regen with this setup).

i'll also try to ditch the pierce nodes to see if they make a big difference in clear and/or survivability. it's something like 8 points to guarantee 3 pierces with lightning trap, and those could really be used somewhere else.

I would rush it in HC, even at 65% block effectiveness it's really life-saving imo. And yes it will be even more so when you can get hands on an ES-on block shield and a rumi's flask. Luckily self-crafting es-on block in SSF is easy and only takes a single defence augment with prefixes blocked/filled.

I believe pyromaniac's 10% is based on your ES when you've got zealot's oath, even if that isn't clearly stated anywhere. I've tried in POB to increase my health significantly and it barely changed my ES regeneration, however increasing my raw #ES increased my regen significantly.

Stuff like vitality and golems is a good idea for HC, I usually use it both SC and HC while leveling and before I need end-game gem setups. In HC you might even want to just perma fit vitality at the cost of something like sigil of power (if you're following my current ritual league gem setup).

Pierce combined with Born in the shadows ascendancy is a great survival combo.
BITS will blind everything you hit and pierce will ensure you hit everything on the screen and even off-screen, as your lightning traps will pierce through the packs.

Consider getting 1 pierce at least, which you can obtain from a jewel reward in act 5.

Last edited by oestergreen on Feb 18, 2021, 12:59:58 AM
Can you run juiced 100% delirium maps on this?
"
ryan_MD wrote:

I had post it in some previous post but in terms of surviving I've start using this with combination with cwdt-immortal call.Its great synergy

It was a gamechanger.Yes i lose that flat 100 ES, but with 5600 ES i am runing super hard maps with crit,crit multi, minions damage and curses without dying.I am runing chainbreaker aswell, but i start using it few levels after is put the cluster(i wastn dying before) so i dont know how much this affects over survivability.Now i am planing to remove it to get 1 more curse or some more ES.Coz for maps my dps is great, but for bosses like shaper/elder guardians it feels a bit low.But I am with not so good gear i guess.

def stats with flasks

And one last thing - MOVE :) dont facetank staying still and spamming traps :) it wont work
Last edited by AlexAndonov on Feb 19, 2021, 6:31:03 AM
"
AlexAndonov wrote:
"
ryan_MD wrote:

I had post it in some previous post but in terms of surviving I've start using this with combination with cwdt-immortal call.Its great synergy

It was a gamechanger.Yes i lose that flat 100 ES, but with 5600 ES i am runing super hard maps with crit,crit multi, minions damage and curses without dying.I am runing chainbreaker aswell, but i start using it few levels after is put the cluster(i wastn dying before) so i dont know how much this affects over survivability.Now i am planing to remove it to get 1 more curse or some more ES.Coz for maps my dps is great, but for bosses like shaper/elder guardians it feels a bit low.But I am with not so good gear i guess.

def stats with flasks

And one last thing - MOVE :) dont facetank staying still and spamming traps :) it wont work

How are you preventing mana issues for chain breaker?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info