[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

To anyone wondering how the build fares endgame: I just did The Feared deathless and effortless really. I was pretty intimidated by the idea of fighting these five big bosses at the same time so I unsocketed all my watchstones so my atlas was awakening level 0 and I rolled invitation with easy mods.

I bursted the Elder pretty much as he spawned, he just threw some icicles and died. Chayula and Cortex got killed without posing any threat really as I was circling the arena throwing trap blindly. That left me with two Shapers and Atziri. Flameblasts and stormcalls were easy to dodge with so much space and Atziri is kinda squishy so she was gone quickly. The rest is just avoiding balls and lasers, waiting for a window to dps the Shaper.

Overall it was much easier than I anticipated. If you can do Sirus A8 comfortably, you can probably do The Feared too. At the time, I had 9,5k es, 0.35sec throwing time and 667k average hit vs sirus in PoB.
"
oestergreen wrote:

That is some psychotic gear mate:) The wand, how many baby rabbits were sacrificed in a blood ritual to craft that?

I was extremely lucky. I bought the wand with all 3 prefixes for 4ex. Then just reforged-suffixes/augmented/remove-added crit.

By looking at your character I switched some stuff around, dropped a jewel for a thread of hope and some points to get the Aura nodes close to CI.
"
Kudlicki1 wrote:
Great stuff!! Having a lot of fun with this build. I feel like I have decent gear and feel pretty tanky but my dps is starting to fall off. Any advise? more # to # lighting damage perhaps? Also, I like your current build. I'm not sure if you've touched on Thread of Hope or not yet but I like it! Will we see an updated POB with this?

Check Usualchinchilla, lots of great advice which I don't need to repeat:)
My only difference is the skill points at Doom Cast and Arcane Swiftness (cast speed is a dead point and crit multi is better than crit chance.. HOWEVER:) I'm going that route because it saves us 2 skill points = another jewel socket. So you'd weigh it in POB, what will give you more bang for your skill-points.

You can also list it like so:
2 more skill points spent = 20% multi, 16% spelldmg, 6% att block (you should already be att-block capped)
Saving 2 points = 25% crit chance + Jewel stats (up to 33% multi & stats and another 8% ES, depending on your budget ofc).

Early/midgame or before you can afford good jewels, you'd invest the extra skill-points and vice versa later when you got a budget.

I'll add an update about the alternative thread of hope setup (it's closely the same skill-tree as the original, so very easy to test).
"
To anyone wondering how the build fares endgame: I just did The Feared deathless and effortless really. I was pretty intimidated by the idea of fighting these five big bosses at the same time so I unsocketed all my watchstones so my atlas was awakening level 0 and I rolled invitation with easy mods.

I bursted the Elder pretty much as he spawned, he just threw some icicles and died. Chayula and Cortex got killed without posing any threat really as I was circling the arena throwing trap blindly. That left me with two Shapers and Atziri. Flameblasts and stormcalls were easy to dodge with so much space and Atziri is kinda squishy so she was gone quickly. The rest is just avoiding balls and lasers, waiting for a window to dps the Shaper.

Overall it was much easier than I anticipated. If you can do Sirus A8 comfortably, you can probably do The Feared too. At the time, I had 9,5k es, 0.35sec throwing time and 667k average hit vs sirus in PoB.

Very nice job mate! :)
I have to admit, not playing the last 2 leagues made me feel super rusty the first time I engaged awakener in this league, yet he died easily even with me panic throwing my traps in all the most random directions lmao. (deathless run, though close thx to my panic lol)

I'm myself a bit behind from starting 2 weeks into the league, but I'm getting there and it's been great (i'm loving the 100% blind on juiced maps).

I'm probably going to snag your throw-speed belt, it's so nuts with 20% throwing on a belt;)

Btw a question, how are you finding life without spire traps? I only ask because I totally can see the sense in dropping spire links when lightning trap is so strong. And Blade blast? it was added in delirium when I didn't play, but you feel it's worth it? maybe vs something like sigil of power (i assume it's for the 10% debuff, but damn I'm also enjoying sigil of power even though it requires being within a circle - i'm curious on your xperience running with it:) )

"
Krogon wrote:
"
oestergreen wrote:

That is some psychotic gear mate:) The wand, how many baby rabbits were sacrificed in a blood ritual to craft that?

I was extremely lucky. I bought the wand with all 3 prefixes for 4ex. Then just reforged-suffixes/augmented/remove-added crit.

By looking at your character I switched some stuff around, dropped a jewel for a thread of hope and some points to get the Aura nodes close to CI.

Great to hear, hope you'll enjoy it then! That wand needs to be cast into mount doom...and somehow land in my lap ;)
Last edited by oestergreen on Feb 3, 2021, 9:34:48 AM
"
oestergreen wrote:

Btw a question, how are you finding life without spire traps? I only ask because I totally can see the sense in dropping spire links when lightning trap is so strong. And Blade blast? it was added in delirium when I didn't play, but you feel it's worth it? maybe vs something like sigil of power (i assume it's for the 10% debuff, but damn I'm also enjoying sigil of power even though it requires being within a circle - i'm curious on your xperience running with it:) )

I'm not sure how I feel about lightning spire trap. I'd like to use them, but I think its better to just throw more lightning traps and buff their dmg using saved sockets. If I felt I need more single target dps, I'd use Bear Trap (enemies take 25% increased damage) and Lv11 Sniper's Mark (enemies take 31% increased damage)
Sigil of power stacks a bit slow with such low mana costs and with 1 stage it gives me 6% dmg, unnerve from blade blast gives 8% dmg so these are kinda similar, could use both.
"
"
oestergreen wrote:

I'm not sure how I feel about lightning spire trap. I'd like to use them, but I think its better to just throw more lightning traps and buff their dmg using saved sockets. If I felt I need more single target dps, I'd use Bear Trap (enemies take 25% increased damage) and Lv11 Sniper's Mark (enemies take 31% increased damage)
Sigil of power stacks a bit slow with such low mana costs and with 1 stage it gives me 6% dmg, unnerve from blade blast gives 8% dmg so these are kinda similar, could use both.

Yeah I agree, at this point LT is sufficient without spire:) I've made room for sigil too (you're running a portal gem i noticed, so you could fit sigil, but that's pretty much needless when we're already killing bosses so fast:) At this point it's just fun and because i'm testing a bunch of different combos of gem setups to include as updates or alternatives. (specially new gems that arrived in my absent leagues)
Last edited by oestergreen on Feb 3, 2021, 6:38:44 PM
How is the mapping on this build? Looks good for bossing but I am slightly concerned, that mapping will feel clunky, especially coming from a fire BV build.
"
GrindcoreFTW wrote:
How is the mapping on this build? Looks good for bossing but I am slightly concerned, that mapping will feel clunky, especially coming from a fire BV build.

Best replied with an actual red map video from current league;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKcNlSEsWS4&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=oestergreen

Mind you, I am by no means trying to speedrun the map (and i'm atm using 22% movespeed boots while crafting a pair of 35%'ers), so take it as it is.

Have fun and hope it helps :)

I'm gonna start with this: I'm really greatful for your guide and the overall build!! Probably gonna play this next league too!!

....but I'm asking for a bit of help here.
The character is tanky, death is a rare thing and when it happens, it's my bad, really.
Clearing is also fine after a while I learned how to do things.

But bossing? Yea, they die, but not fast. A6 and the crusaders health bar goes like any other budget build would do. What the hell am I doing wrong...??
If someone has time to help me not dying, what should i switch to do tier 1 maps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info