[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Hello,
I need a bit (well more than a bit) of advice, and not especially about the build. Though I will appreciate it if someone inspects me and has some tips about that also.

Currently I am lv 87, and I am doing tier 7-8 maps. I have trouble progressing because I find only lower level maps.
My wealth is somewhere around 100 chaos, mainly gathered from Chaos recipes (2x chaos). In maps I rarely find 1 chaos / map, so that's not consistent income.

How does one escape from this rat race / 'poverty' if you will? What are some ways to get better and improve? My play time is a few hours per day, so maybe that is also a limitation, but atm I think the biggest one is my lack of knowledge.

Thanks.
"
scorburel wrote:
Hello,
I need a bit (well more than a bit) of advice, and not especially about the build. Though I will appreciate it if someone inspects me and has some tips about that also.

Currently I am lv 87, and I am doing tier 7-8 maps. I have trouble progressing because I find only lower level maps.
My wealth is somewhere around 100 chaos, mainly gathered from Chaos recipes (2x chaos). In maps I rarely find 1 chaos / map, so that's not consistent income.

How does one escape from this rat race / 'poverty' if you will? What are some ways to get better and improve? My play time is a few hours per day, so maybe that is also a limitation, but atm I think the biggest one is my lack of knowledge.

Thanks.

Hi there, I’ve been where you are in my first 2-3 leagues. I have 2 young ones at home so my game time is also limited to 3-4 hours a day maximum. I started making much more currency when I trade through the forbidden trove (discord). There I can trade harvest crafts (easy 5/10c per craft to multiple exalt ones if you’re lucky), betrayal crafts (Aisling is a few exalts, hillock 1EX, Leo/Vorici 50c etc). If you don’t like to deal will discord, Incursion temple can also be sold, Locus of corruption is 1EX, Doryani’s institute 70c etc. So if you’re lucky, you’ll make 1EX in 4 Glennach maps instead of a few Chaos per map. The scarabs, fossils can sell for a good sum too.

This league is especially easy to farm with the Low tier krangled maps. So keep making those maps, farm them and sell the good stuff you don’t need.

Most importantly, get a “price checker” like Awakened POE trade, or the Overwolf POE overlay so you can quickly check items price. You will get the hang of what’s valuable and what’s not quickly. Chaos recipe usually lose its value after week 1 since the inflation rate is so fast, it’s much better to quickly push to high tier maps and farm, if you want to do recipe you may do influence item recipe which give 4 exalted shards per set.

As for your gear, one quick fix for DPS is replace your wand craft to 20% Cold Damage over Time Multiplier”. That will give you another 5-10% DPS. Good luck!
Last edited by hadc on Nov 26, 2021, 4:10:20 AM
"
scorburel wrote:
Hello,

Thanks.

Juice your maps.

It is tricky, because you are spending currency in maps, when what you want is gain currency. But that's the key. Juice maps. 4 chisels (when map is white), alchemy (check if you are able to do the map), vaal orb (check again), scarabs (Harbinger, Elder, Niko if you delve, etc), Alva missions for more mobs, watchstones with more monsters sextant mods (it's ok if you use the cheapest sextants), fragments (sacrifice frags) on empty map device slots.

Reroll the maps your build can't do with Scouring+Alch. Sell the vaaled maps your build can't do.

Juice your maps. You will get currency and more maps. All the juice WILL affect ALL map events (Blight, Metamorph, Expeditions, etc, etc). Don't get depressed if you get nothing doing a couple of juiced maps. It's a matter of consistency. Without realize, you will end with a lot of items in your stash. Sell in bulk.

And stop doing chaos recipe. It takes too much time, and in this game time is money. Influenced ex shards recipe is ok if you can speed farm, but getting influenced jewelry is a pain and most of the time you can sell the influenced bases for some chaoses. Also don't waste a lot of time unid rare gear, 99.9% of rare gear is trash. You CAN pick up rare jewelry, unid them and sell for alterations at the vendor. Alts sell fast, and jewelry are small so doesn't take a lot of inventory space.
Last edited by FedeS on Nov 26, 2021, 11:18:24 AM
Hey Gamers,

Wanted to start off by saying I love the build, it has allowed me to survive those pesky die beams I normally spin into on my typical cyclone character.

Been doing a bit of a tweaked group self found to allow for buying uniques that are build defining. I’ve gotten extremely lucky and found a Shav’s very early from like, a maven 6 or something, and just recently found an aegis aurora as well which I’ve been stoked about and really wanted to try putting into play here.

Anyone have any experience trying Aegis with this? On one hand it feels great actually having armor and ES on a shield and 80% cold with ES on block, on the other hand losing hatred and determination is a strong turn off and I worry the damage loss will really hinder the defense increase(?).

Current auras are clarity, vitality, tempest shield, malevolence, purity of elements, and discipline. Also running the wintertide brand version of the build, and just picked up my cluster jewels (prismatic heart, deep chill, 2x brush with death, 1x vile reinvigoration). Max resistances including chaos and corrupting blood immune from the ailment mastery passive cluster along with 80% reduced curse effectiveness before flask.

P.s. holy cow is it hard to get enough strength and dex, still using a +30str and +20str/dex node
"
Furiouscalf wrote:
Hey Gamers,

Wanted to start off by saying I love the build, it has allowed me to survive those pesky die beams I normally spin into on my typical cyclone character.

Been doing a bit of a tweaked group self found to allow for buying uniques that are build defining. I’ve gotten extremely lucky and found a Shav’s very early from like, a maven 6 or something, and just recently found an aegis aurora as well which I’ve been stoked about and really wanted to try putting into play here.

Anyone have any experience trying Aegis with this? On one hand it feels great actually having armor and ES on a shield and 80% cold with ES on block, on the other hand losing hatred and determination is a strong turn off and I worry the damage loss will really hinder the defense increase(?).

Current auras are clarity, vitality, tempest shield, malevolence, purity of elements, and discipline. Also running the wintertide brand version of the build, and just picked up my cluster jewels (prismatic heart, deep chill, 2x brush with death, 1x vile reinvigoration). Max resistances including chaos and corrupting blood immune from the ailment mastery passive cluster along with 80% reduced curse effectiveness before flask.

P.s. holy cow is it hard to get enough strength and dex, still using a +30str and +20str/dex node

There are some people using Aegis. But imo, if you want to go Aegis, you must use it with detemination to get all the tankiness possible. Otherwise I don't see much point. You should be better off all around with Prism Guardian + Crown of the Inward Eye + determination (and hatred) than with Aegis + Rime Gaze and no determination.

And yeah, str and dex are hard to get, but it's doable.
Indiscreet question: is Brass Dome a good option for deep delve on a CI Vortex character? Of course it gives zero ES, but for compensation we get a huge amount of armor, +5% max all res, and inmune to crit damage. isn't that huge? Probably coloring the sockets will be a pain?
Last edited by FedeS on Nov 27, 2021, 6:21:36 PM
[/quote]
"
"
Furiouscalf wrote:
Hey Gamers,

There are some people using Aegis. But imo, if you want to go Aegis, you must use it with detemination to get all the tankiness possible. Otherwise I don't see much point. You should be better off all around with Prism Guardian + Crown of the Inward Eye + determination (and hatred) than with Aegis + Rime Gaze and no determination.

And yeah, str and dex are hard to get, but it's doable.

Cool, I haven’t gotten my hands on a crown quite yet and of course I got really lucky and got the bane enchant on the rime first lab lol! But once I do get a crown I’ll start hitting up the lab some more. I think I could actually work determination in if I get the 50% res efficiency enchant going as well!
How do I get under 30% health for the DPS bonus? I currently have Prism and the three gems (Malevolence, Hatred, Determination) guide says to have attached to it but I still have 515/1,376 health which is 37%. (So no DPS bonus for LL and just more squishy.
"
Jensiepoo wrote:
How do I get under 30% health for the DPS bonus? I currently have Prism and the three gems (Malevolence, Hatred, Determination) guide says to have attached to it but I still have 515/1,376 health which is 37%. (So no DPS bonus for LL and just more squishy.

Do you have reservation efficiency for any of the 3 auras in helmet of masteries? You can take those out.
The time has finally come - if nothing changes too much and this build (aka cold dot) survives 3.17 patch nodes I´ll start this next league, going from 0 to hero, one char league. Started training leveling it already :D

Been looking at cold dot for like 4 leagues now, I´m honestly so excited^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info