[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

ok so i got a little dumb to follow the last league pob that makes me fk up in game real bad .
finally with some little possible tweak for my current situation i am able to make thing work a little bit better .
but still got things to fix .
I am in my 5 k es , corrupted blood is a real pain so I socket a random jewel implicit with immune corrupted blood .

I also got the large cluster 8 passive ,energy from within , thread of hope ,and a medium cluster with Vile Reinvigoration and brush of death .

mapping is kind of manageable , but in boss fight I still feel a bit squishy - juz got 1 shot dead in t13 boss

I also got problem with keeping up with str and dex .

I only got 7 ex left in pocket . so what my priority in order of upgrade ?
tyvm

"
wengfrecrixs wrote:

ok so i got a little dumb to follow the last league pob that makes me fk up in game real bad .
finally with some little possible tweak for my current situation i am able to make thing work a little bit better .
I am in my 5 k es , corrupted blood is a real pain so I socket a random jewel implicit with immune corrupted blood .

I also got the large cluster 8 passive ,energy from within , thread of hope ,and a medium cluster with Vile Reinvigoration and brush of death .

mapping is kind of manageable , but in boss fight I still feel a bit squishy - juz got 1 shot dead in t13 boss

tyvm

Definitely upgrade your wand, you can get like a +1 cold multimod wand for 3-4 ex I think and that will be like a 20% DPS increase alone.
"
fate3 wrote:
"
wengfrecrixs wrote:

tyvm

Definitely upgrade your wand, you can get like a +1 cold multimod wand for 3-4 ex I think and that will be like a 20% DPS increase alone.

the wand is currently 9 ex in trade . out of budget .
"
wengfrecrixs wrote:
"
fate3 wrote:

Just craft the wand yourself. Would be about 5-6ex
"
wengfrecrixs wrote:
"
fate3 wrote:
"
wengfrecrixs wrote:

tyvm

See if you can snipe a fractured Cold Dot Multi (>35% if possible) wand/sceptre, I got mine around 2-3ex.
1. You then scour it and Alt+Aug for +1 Cold skill (+1 spell better but it’s very hard to get), you should get that by around 350 alt. This is possible because Cold DOT multi is a suffix and +1 Spell/cold is prefix that’s why I like to craft this way.
2. Craft multi mod (2EX) with + % spell damage (1EX) and + % DOT.
3. Craft aspect of spider if you need it.

Total cost around below 7ex if your can get the base fractured wand at 3EX. This would give you higher DPS than the standard “spam Essence of woe” till you get +1 cold because our DPS scales much better with Cold DOT multi. Of course, the ultimate DPS wand will be a +2 multi mod wand.

P.s a quick check on POE Trade shows there’s someone selling sceptre with 34/35% fractured cold DOT multi at 1EX. Grab them before it’s gone 🙂
Any arguments for the following:

Bane + Frostbite + Ele Weakness
VS
Arcanist brand + Frostbite + Ele Weakness

I swapped cold snap into a CWDT setup and with that an molten shell I feel invincible right now. I'm using mostly WTB to snipe monsters before they get close to me and they get crippled with the chill.

I'm using vortex defensively instead of trying to suicide vortex into packs.
"

VS

Storm brand + Awakened Hextouch+Frostbite+Ele weakness

arguments:

Awakened Hextouch is dirt cheap
Awakened Hextouch makes your curses stronger
Storm brand + Awakened Hextouch applyes both curses with one hit and activates twice as fast as Arcanist brand
Storm brand can be used during boss invul phases while bane don't
Storm brand can randomly shock
Awakened Hextouch can randomly apply curses to bosses in curse immune maps

Finally got around to do up a Sirus A9 video, I tanked the Die Beam and didn't die so that's something :)

https://youtu.be/2Yd5y5mPkSw

Enjoy!
"
Yoff wrote:
"

VS

Storm brand + Awakened Hextouch+Frostbite+Ele weakness

arguments:

Awakened Hextouch is dirt cheap
Awakened Hextouch makes your curses stronger
Storm brand + Awakened Hextouch applyes both curses with one hit and activates twice as fast as Arcanist brand
Storm brand can be used during boss invul phases while bane don't
Storm brand can randomly shock
Awakened Hextouch can randomly apply curses to bosses in curse immune maps

Nice, I forgot about this good old setup and instead added tornado (for the hinder) to my arcanist brand after I freed up some gem slots.

Awakened Hextouch (lvl 5) gives +1 to curse level so that's a little DPS there and the real advantage is that it has a chance against hex proof bosses. But it'll take up one more gem slots compared to arcanist brand. So if you have enough gem slots I'll agree with Storm Brand with Awakened Hextouch.
Last edited by hadc on Nov 25, 2021, 9:52:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info