[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Vennto wrote:
The time has finally come - if nothing changes too much and this build (aka cold dot) survives 3.17 patch nodes I´ll start this next league, going from 0 to hero, one char league. Started training leveling it already :D

Been looking at cold dot for like 4 leagues now, I´m honestly so excited^^

You won’t regret it. This is my 3rd league doing Cold DOT but I was always tempted to try other builds and ends up going back to Cold DOT because I really love bossing and the mechanics, it allows me to do all content without smashing too many button (I have vortex on left click and used trigger wands).

This league I only played Cold DOT and is 20% XP away from Lvl 99 😬

P.s if you’re worried about map clearing and making currency, don’t be. Unless you’re looking to farm a mirror in 1/2 weeks.
I'm doing LL with wintertide brand. I was wondering why he's running hatred instead of zealotry for second damage aura. I'm running hatred, vaal discipline, determination, malevolence, purity of elements, clarity, vitality, and defiance banner. I dropped arcane surge and switched steelskin to vaal molten shell. Seems to be working pretty good.
"
Icingdeath1 wrote:
I'm doing LL with wintertide brand. I was wondering why he's running hatred instead of zealotry for second damage aura. I'm running hatred, vaal discipline, determination, malevolence, purity of elements, clarity, vitality, and defiance banner. I dropped arcane surge and switched steelskin to vaal molten shell. Seems to be working pretty good.

Hatred gives more DPS than Zealotry for Vortex + Cold Snap, probably also the case for wintertide?
Hi all, I've got to Level 99 for the first time ever and the first time I do after that was do the Feared (all bosses at once). I really had a lot of fun playing this build and it allowed me to do all kinds of crazy contents, I've played it for 3 leagues and will probably do so again in the future. Might skip the next one though, need a break :)

Check out the fight here - https://youtu.be/XWzJaHfEo8w
Last edited by hadc on Nov 30, 2021, 1:17:43 AM
endless delve viable?
"
TeeTay wrote:
endless delve viable?

I’m pretty sure it’s possible with the CI version since you won’t really need any unique. Won’t be easy getting DPS without crafting though, probably hard capped at around 1mil DPS since you won’t have cluster jewels too.
Last edited by hadc on Dec 1, 2021, 6:57:26 PM
pretty sure clusters can drop in delve now at the jewelry nodes but nonetheless you think this will get to lvl 95 without much problems?
"
TeeTay wrote:
pretty sure clusters can drop in delve now at the jewelry nodes but nonetheless you think this will get to lvl 95 without much problems?

Yes, I just found out that it’s possible to drop cluster jewel but to drop the right one will still be really difficult I think. Levelling is no issue, I used delve (in combination with mapping of course) to level to level 99 this league (and last league to 98). I did it at around depth 250 but anywhere with monster level 83 will be good, so much safer than in rare maps or scourge when you would die and sometimes won’t even know how it happened.

I’ve sacrificed some DPS for survivability though, with the usual Determination + Defiance banner, I also have Vaal Cold Snap and Vortex in chest (it actually gives more combined DPS, 9mil+ Sirus DPS, especially after I slot in zealotry) so I could free up gem slots to have Molten shell + increased duration. I still have one more free gem slot to fill which I’ll probably add a golem or something. My tree was also adjusted for survivability and dropped some DPS.
Last edited by hadc on Dec 2, 2021, 4:03:58 AM
Hi guys.

I dont see a lot of people playing that WTB version.
A lot of players play the "old build".
I want to try too but i cant find the POB for the "standard" version.
I mean without all the "brands" passives points ofc.

Thanks for your help.
You say you only need to cast vortex - Wintertide and flame dash. Do I have to manually cast Bane aswell? How does it work? Do i need to apply the curses with bane only at bosses?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info