[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
dinmolair wrote:
You say you only need to cast vortex - Wintertide and flame dash. Do I have to manually cast Bane aswell? How does it work? Do i need to apply the curses with bane only at bosses?

Yes, Vortex goes to left mouse button so it gets recast automatically every 1 second while walking. Bane gets cast on bosses and harder uniques.
"
Lazybrain82 wrote:
Hi guys.

I dont see a lot of people playing that WTB version.
A lot of players play the "old build".
I want to try too but i cant find the POB for the "standard" version.
I mean without all the "brands" passives points ofc.

Thanks for your help.

I found a copy of Shak's original Vortex + CS POB (https://pastebin.com/Jk9xGu9V)

I've also just uploaded a Simulacrum Wave 30 video, enjoy! https://youtu.be/mhFovFgP_HU
Last edited by hadc on Dec 2, 2021, 4:17:55 PM
Curious to hear what your guys’ atlas passives are. Legion feels pretty bad, breach too but maybe I’m just not used to the breach closing so fast. Feels rough though being limited on breach/legion splinters, so getting some ideas of what others are running would be really helpful!
"
Furiouscalf wrote:
Curious to hear what your guys’ atlas passives are. Legion feels pretty bad, breach too but maybe I’m just not used to the breach closing so fast. Feels rough though being limited on breach/legion splinters, so getting some ideas of what others are running would be really helpful!

Hi, I stayed away from breach and legion because this build just can't clear so well so fast (maybe WTB can, I'm not sure). My atlas passive covers harvest, betrayal, delirium, expedition, beastiary, incursion and beyond. I like utilizing my master missions since they are free so my atlas passive is built around it plus whatever other content I like to do. Cheers!
Awesome, that’s generally what mine is set around as well but swapping expedition for heist. However I was thinking it was probably time to regret out of invasion and go into expedition as well. Do you grab the increased merging radius of beyond portals? Right now I’m triple beyond and double incursion but I wasn’t too sure what else to do with the last two points so I just put them into beyond for now.
"
hadc wrote:
"
Lazybrain82 wrote:
Hi guys.

I dont see a lot of people playing that WTB version.
A lot of players play the "old build".
I want to try too but i cant find the POB for the "standard" version.
I mean without all the "brands" passives points ofc.

Thanks for your help.

I found a copy of Shak's original Vortex + CS POB (https://pastebin.com/Jk9xGu9V)

I've also just uploaded a Simulacrum Wave 30 video, enjoy! https://youtu.be/mhFovFgP_HU

Thanks a lot :)
"
Furiouscalf wrote:

Thats pretty much the reason why I still haven't picked up cold dot for 4 leagues now though it always interested me. I don't see it doing anything particular great - for mapping ignite prolif/death aura autobombers have a way better clear and can farm legion/breach depending on the economic situation, for bossing it lacks the damage early league to compete with mines/traps/assassin/gen cry so it's kind of in a weird middle ground.

Next league my plan is actually to ignore this entirely for the get go and delve the first week as there is a lot of money to be made right now. Also, inspired by endless heist event coming, I thought about tweaking the built for heisting until its in its final iteration. But I'm planninh on a 250ex budget, that's why basic starting/mapping wih it was not cutting it.
"
Vennto wrote:
"
Furiouscalf wrote:

Thats pretty much the reason why I still haven't picked up cold dot for 4 leagues now though it always interested me. I don't see it doing anything particular great - for mapping ignite prolif/death aura autobombers have a way better clear and can farm legion/breach depending on the economic situation, for bossing it lacks the damage early league to compete with mines/traps/assassin/gen cry so it's kind of in a weird middle ground.

Next league my plan is actually to ignore this entirely for the get go and delve the first week as there is a lot of money to be made right now. Also, inspired by endless heist event coming, I thought about tweaking the built for heisting until its in its final iteration. But I'm planninh on a 250ex budget, that's why basic starting/mapping wih it was not cutting it.

It’s definitely not a popular build, only 1% in POE NINJA plays this build. It’s the first build that allows me to do all content from few leagues back so I sort of always fall back to it. I like that I can play with just one finger on the mouse (I really value QOL) and the survivability has improved tremendously this league so it’s quite well balanced too. I’ll probably play it again until I can find a better one. Cheers!
do corpses shatter with this build or is that only applicable if they actually freeze? think this build would be OK for the delve event?
"
Furiouscalf wrote:

Yeah, legion, blight, breach are basically a no. I'm doing delve, it's pretty good there and delve is finally worth farming. Pretty much just farm Valdo maps with the Niko passives - I took the passive that increases speed and damage too, as I like to do scourge there and it helps greatly. Doing some heist and t10 scourged maps when I get tired with delving.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info