[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Hello,
I am having a hard time leveling around lv 25:
1). I am reading the PoB notes, and in Act 3 it says to switch to Bane.
2). I am also using Winter brand, together with Bane, but the kill speed feels slow, and the survability... is not great :)
3). so: is the PoB updated / are the leveling notes good? If so, what am I doing wrong?
4). until one can afford Shavrone body armor, what setup/gearing options would be good? Aim for max ES?

Thanks
"
scorburel wrote:
Hello,
I am having a hard time leveling around lv 25:
1). I am reading the PoB notes, and in Act 3 it says to switch to Bane.
2). I am also using Winter brand, together with Bane, but the kill speed feels slow, and the survability... is not great :)
3). so: is the PoB updated / are the leveling notes good? If so, what am I doing wrong?
4). until one can afford Shavrone body armor, what setup/gearing options would be good? Aim for max ES?

Thanks

1) I levelled as a cold slinger, or you can just use Creeping frost (add vortex at lvl28) till maps then swap to end gem gem links, you can level the gems even when not using them yet.
2) I didn’t use WTB and don’t intend to so can’t comment there.
3) while levelling just shoot for as much life and resist as possible, you should have enough DPS from whatever cold dot skill you choose if you follow the tree.
4) Go for CI setup once you reach maps, rare Vaal regalia with high ES, titanium shield with high ES, basically high ES everywhere and cap resistance. Wand you can refer to the crafting section.

Though I must add it’s much easier to get the gears this league because 6Links are cheap, you can get 6L Shav under 100 chaos orb so don’t stay CI for too long.

Good luck!
Last edited by hadc on Nov 21, 2021, 4:43:30 AM
"
hadc wrote:

1) I levelled as a cold slinger, or you can just use Creeping frost (add vortex at lvl28) till maps then swap to end gem gem links, you can level the gems even when not using them yet.
2) I didn’t use WTB and don’t intend to so can’t comment there.
3) while levelling just shoot for as much life and resist as possible, you should have enough DPS from whatever cold dot skill you choose if you follow the tree.
4) Go for CI setup once you reach maps, rare Vaal regalia with high ES, titanium shield with high ES, basically high ES everywhere and cap resistance. Wand you can refer to the crafting section.

Though I must add it’s much easier to get the gears this league because 6Links are cheap, you can get 6L Shav under 100 chaos orb so don’t stay CI for too long.

Good luck!

Thank you.
I switched to Creeping frost and it's much better.
Last edited by scorburel on Nov 21, 2021, 9:52:57 AM
So anyone else getting completely rekt in Maven invitations?
"
fate3 wrote:

It should be doable since this is really a bossing build. I did all including the feared (died 3/4 times) with around 2m DPS. Are you doing it unidentified?
"
hadc wrote:
"
fate3 wrote:

It should be doable since this is really a bossing build. I did all including the feared (died 3/4 times) with around 2m DPS. Are you doing it unidentified?

I'm talking just regular 10 boss invites, not even the uncharted realms ones. Basically DPS seems too low and eventually I'm 1v10ing and I have no way to sustain ES recovery with Maven degen/other spells.
"
fate3 wrote:
"
hadc wrote:
"
fate3 wrote:

I'm talking just regular 10 boss invites, not even the uncharted realms ones. Basically DPS seems too low and eventually I'm 1v10ing and I have no way to sustain ES recovery with Maven degen/other spells.

Degen? hopefully you didn't get the township boss in there, cause that degen aura is broken and makes maven challenges impossible. That boss needs a rework for sure.

But good job reaching so far in this game.
I'm still having trouble with late yellow/early red maps to be honest. Nightmare is getting quite difficult as well which begs the question if it should be skipped entirely as the xp loss is a thing. I guess I need more ES recovery/on block/on kill...
"
kebal wrote:
I highly not recommend Wintertide Brand. It is not fun at all.
With vortex you just run around, and use vaal cold snap. With a Brand all the time you need to recast the brand or recall it. Control the cooldowns, and even stop to cast it, which puts you into a bigger danger. The clear speed might be a little bit better, but the overall experience will be worse and joy will be gone.

WTB is fun for me :) Yes, it is self-cast play style, no surprise here, but for me it's way better than the other self cast option; Creeping Frost. With WTB I just drop a brand on a pack and switch to a next one. Works great on Scourges too because mobs get chilled quickly and I don't need to be in close range to do damage. Even when something gets close then Vortex does the rest.
Hi! I wanted some tankiness.And I have it at cost brand mechanic. Now i can do 83 lvl contracts ezz with my version of this build.

I'm using only vortex(inc aoe or 5fth damage support) and cold snap. Damage is not really bad. But with not min maxed gear I've got:

7300 es
13842 armour(73 reduction)
ele res capped
chaos res 30
35.200 avg damage vortex(4728789 sec)- with auras and no bane curses.
(not quality anot max lvl gems.

Basic jewels(not optimal)

I can recommend this version for cheap tankiness btw. U can check my tree.

Only think I wanna ask- Is this good idea to change 1 cold snap support for frost bomb if im using crown? Idk what is best option for single target.

Just like I said build is really not min maxed(I just farming heists and grand heists) But really tanky and forgivable. Imo brand need too many points in the tree(near 2k es+stats) and I dont understand why not going for pure brand instead. I know I have overcapped stats and many things to upgrade "but everything dies"- but not me ;p

Last edited by Zakk777 on Nov 23, 2021, 5:42:54 AM
"
@wengfrecrixs
It looks like you're using items and gems from the last league, not this one. Guide on the forum itself is outdated, you have to stick to PoB.

damn ! I think i really used the old one ...
no wonder i am so squishy that can't even do anything .....
I adjust quite a bit to the new one and now feel a bit better .
Last edited by wengfrecrixs on Nov 23, 2021, 12:36:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info