[3.11] Flameblast/Vaal Flameblast Ignite Trickster (EB+MOM)

"
sorry but did you say you decided to `theorycraft` this build?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZZzsSdPF2c

isnt it a bit too much identical to yours ?

Sorry, but have you even bothered to actually look up my build and what you claim to be "identical"? . Just imported pob from this video description and both the skill tree and items are different. All I wrote was my genuine build and if you really think differently I don't know what to say. There is a limited amount of skills and ascendancies but yeah, I must've totally ripped the idea of taking fire dot nodes on a flameblast build, same as the totally unique idea of going hybrid life+ES on a trickster whose 50% of ascendancy benefits from that.
I made a short video on how the build plays in 3.9.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0U5wgrQgJ0&feature=youtu.be

It feels pretty good tbh, better than I expected. Thanks again!
got any video? and the https://pastebin.com/KBYHb3Bg dint show all tree to me what happend ?just few link only and many red colour circle。
"
PwN.DaiKo wrote:
got any video? and the https://pastebin.com/KBYHb3Bg dint show all tree to me what happend ?just few link only and many red colour circle。

The imported tree should be valid. I just noticed that POB import also copies the temporary search so if you want to get rid of 'red circles' just remove the 'cast speed' from search bar at the bottom.
I've tried so many ignite builds, but they've either been too flimsy for my grandpa reaction times, or too clunky to be any fun. Looks like this one strikes a nice balance, and I'm excited to try it out in 3.10
I am looking for a Trickster Ignite style build for a league starter for 3.10 have you had a chance to review any changes to the build in 3.9 yet? How league starter viable do you think this will be (obviously just speculation since no real idea about 3.10 changes too much yet)
"
IvoryWang wrote:
I am looking for a Trickster Ignite style build for a league starter for 3.10 have you had a chance to review any changes to the build in 3.9 yet? How league starter viable do you think this will be (obviously just speculation since no real idea about 3.10 changes too much yet)

3.9 hasn't changed much for this build as it is still totally viable. I can not really speculate about 3.10 yet since there is not enough information but I would imagine since there are most likely no major tree changes it would still remain the same with the possible addition of cluster jewels but those will be so random that there is no way to incorporate them in the build guides anyways.

As for leaguestart viability I would say both yes and no. Yes, because as soon as you get ignite proliferation support (lvl 38) you can clear with ignites very comfortably and skills like flameblast scale well enough so that there are no real gear requirements. Also, trickster on its own is a very strong ascendancy as a mix of offense and defense. And the great staff for this build, searing touch, is very cheap even at the first days of the league so you don't need to worry about dmg being too expensive. No, because this build is EB+MOM hybrid. It means that to get proper defences you have to be prepared to get some gear while entering maps. Of course you can push the build for a bit as a fully life-based, or just MOM without EB, but it would mean wasting some nodes on the tree. So basically, if you believe you play efficiently enough that you can manage to buy/craft some basic Life+ES gear at the leaguestart upon entering maps, then go ahead as this build is really fun and also tanky.
Thanks so much for addressing my question man I am looking forward to trying this out! I have always wanted to try Flameblast and this seems like a good way to do it, I am going to do a pseudo start next week while everyone is in standard to see how it feels once hitting maps. Again, thanks for the reply!
To update on 3.10:
Suprisingly, there are rather meaningful changes to flameblast in 3.10 patchnotes.

Flameblast
Now has a base radius of 2 (from 5).
Now gains +3 radius per stage (from +2).

Vaal Flameblast
Now triggers every 3 stages (from every 5 stages).
Now has a base radius of 35 (from 30).

So first of all, the initial base radius has been lowered. This might have slight effect of having to be more accurate while tapping in case of rapidly proliferating one mob to kill a pack. On the other hand, max radius is now 32(from 25). So max aoe has been raised by 28%. In general, the aoe loss prior to change will equal out since stage 3, to then increase continously.

Vaal flameblast has received a straight up buff. It has a total of 15 stages, so triggering every 3 stages instead of 5 means there will be 5 explosions instead of 3 (66% more damage). Also, base radius changing from 30 to 35 means 16% more aoe. So vaal flameblast will be much stronger this league.

Also, there is one comment about vaal flameblast in bug fixes:
Fixed a bug which caused Vaal Flameblast to always deal critical strikes. Still wasn't seeing much use though!

Frankly speaking, I've noticed that Elemental Overload would always proc based on vaal flameblast. Anyways, this fix mostly affects only crit builds, since with EO it doesn't matter much as proccing it is not difficult either way.

Last edited by Grozaa on Mar 11, 2020, 5:34:55 AM
What does storm brand do in the CWDT setup? Am I missing something? Because I can't figure out why it's useful. I'm sure its fine but I just don't really get what storm brand does.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info