[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
Destructodave wrote:

https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=11&m=fossil&f=|1|4|15|10|&i=|3|&ob=both&v=d&a=e&l=a&lg=2&bp=y&req={%22605%22:{%22l%22:83,%22g%22:1},%221713%22:{%22l%22:30,%22g%22:2},%221927%22:{%22l%22:83,%22g%22:2}}&bld={}&ggt=|&ccp={}

To get a claw with 14%+ attack speed, 60% poison, chaos damage, its an average of 315 chaos. Says 8 tries. 1 in 12 over 100000 tries.(Its probably actually better than that, becuase that doesnt take into consideration getting multi-strike on it; which is 20% attack speed).

https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=11&m=fossil&f=|1|4|15|10|&i=|3|&ob=both&v=d&a=e&l=a&lg=2&bp=y&req={%22605%22:{%22l%22:83,%22g%22:1},%221713%22:{%22l%22:30,%22g%22:2},%221927%22:{%22l%22:83,%22g%22:2},%221962%22:{%22l%22:68,%22g%22:2}}&bld={}&ggt=|&ccp={}

Just click the multistrike mod as well and position it in the same group as the normal attack speed. Then it takes both into account.
Down to 6 tries then.
Last edited by blastinMot on May 1, 2020, 7:58:12 PM
What about double influenced claws?does lchaos penetration worth it?

https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=11&m=fossil&f=|1|4|15|10|&i=|3|5|&ob=both&v=d&a=e&l=a&lg=2&bp=y&req={%22605%22:{%22l%22:83,%22g%22:1},%221713%22:{%22l%22:30,%22g%22:2},%221927%22:{%22l%22:83,%22g%22:2},%221928%22:{%22l%22:68,%22g%22:3},%221962%22:{%22l%22:68,%22g%22:2},%221993%22:{%22l%22:68,%22g%22:3}}&bld={}&ggt=|5|&ccp={}
Last edited by Migipadl on May 1, 2020, 8:25:03 PM
Is it me, or.... Does this build have a "drinking problem?"

Seriously, looking at all the Ascendancy points, and most of them are flask-related. Never played this class before, so can anyone explain to me why flasks are so important?

I mean, am I supposed to put my Witchfire Brew in position 1, and then spam that key as I whirling blade my way around the map?
"
blastinMot wrote:
"
Destructodave wrote:

https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=11&m=fossil&f=|1|4|15|10|&i=|3|&ob=both&v=d&a=e&l=a&lg=2&bp=y&req={%22605%22:{%22l%22:83,%22g%22:1},%221713%22:{%22l%22:30,%22g%22:2},%221927%22:{%22l%22:83,%22g%22:2}}&bld={}&ggt=|&ccp={}

To get a claw with 14%+ attack speed, 60% poison, chaos damage, its an average of 315 chaos. Says 8 tries. 1 in 12 over 100000 tries.(Its probably actually better than that, becuase that doesnt take into consideration getting multi-strike on it; which is 20% attack speed).

https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=11&m=fossil&f=|1|4|15|10|&i=|3|&ob=both&v=d&a=e&l=a&lg=2&bp=y&req={%22605%22:{%22l%22:83,%22g%22:1},%221713%22:{%22l%22:30,%22g%22:2},%221927%22:{%22l%22:83,%22g%22:2},%221962%22:{%22l%22:68,%22g%22:2}}&bld={}&ggt=|&ccp={}

Just click the multistrike mod as well and position it in the same group as the normal attack speed. Then it takes both into account.
Down to 6 tries then.

Nice, thanks for that info. It was my only issue with the site. I guess this can work for resists and such, too?

But that further proves the point you are 100% better off rolling. 230 chaos is like 1.5ex. So you are pretty likely to get an entry level claw for the same exact price if you roll like that, with the added bonus of it coming with a free prefix for a GG 5-7exalt claw.

It was even more rediculous earlier in the league, when those baseline claws were 5 exalt, and the crafting cost was exactly the same.
Someone have already tried the combo Unspeakable Gift + Devastator for explosion?
"
Haverhill wrote:
Seriously, looking at all the Ascendancy points, and most of them are flask-related. Never played this class before, so can anyone explain to me why flasks are so important?
Flasks are great buffs for both damage and survivability for nearly any build except maybe minion / summoner builds. Most classes will spam their flasks especially dps ones during mapping, but will be limited to couple of uses on bosses with no adds, however pathfinders can get much bigger uptime which means more damage.

For example Assassins often are forced to spec perfect agony keystone because on bosses coralito will drop off a lot. PF is much better in that aspect.

Also any flask (not just the poison one) enables the ascendancy passive that makes poisons spread and do more damage, so use them a lot!

If you're not very precise with flask usage on any other class it can happen you dry them up too fast, but on pathfinder Nature's Boon takes care of that. So it's much more forgiving. But it helps to learn the habit of using the flasks, there are many other specs that need to use flasks (hello archmage and being married to a mana flask).
"
Werdna76 wrote:
Hey guys, I started with something like this and found that although mapping was a breeze and damage output felt great, it was a little squishy for my taste. I bit the bullet and modified my build to be something like I saw ONE GUY (InsaneIns) on POE Ninja using -- ditch the HoAg and instead abuse 3x Purity of Ice/Fire/Lightning, and grab a free Malevolence w/Aul's amulet. Not having to worry about resistance makes gearing easier. Since we can do the bottom right corner and catch two cluster nodes, we can get 4 medium CJs, one for Low Tolerance +, and the other 3 for Pure Commander + another aura scaling notable to get max res up close to 90%, plus regular res up a lot and stronger malevolence.

I got my max res for elements up to 88% each, armor around 50k with flasks, and I use a Watcher's Eye that does malev-mult + sends phys damage to Fire (artic armor for 12% reduce, then layer on the 88% resist). Tack on some block chance for dual-wield, endurance charge on kill boots, and I feel very tanky even if I'm careless.

Check my profile (ScrotieMcBoogerBabe character) for my most current build. I highly recommend it if you have some currency -- Watcher's eye, corrupted perfect form, decent claws, my boots. It's not perfect and I'm sure I could refine it, but it feels like a nice blend of poison damage (more than enough for everything so far - easy Sirus A8 kill), tank, and super fast movement/mapping. My favorite build ever and it dies rarely enough that I'm still surprised at the clear/damage.

Curious if anyone has feedback. And sorry if this is seen as a critique of the base build - a really nice one that I just had trouble staying alive with in this league (3.10). :)

I rolled what he said and have to say it's amazing, despite having 4.8k life is just so tanky and the clear is totally fine, the +++ is when you take damage you have actually time to react, oneshot doesn't exist. On single target alone like conquerors i use viper strike feels better than pestilent. And in the end the most expensive stuff are the weapons, i'm sad i'm kinda stuck with gear upgrading.
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
"
Kiri2k wrote:
"
Werdna76 wrote:
Hey guys, I started with something like this and found that although mapping was a breeze and damage output felt great, it was a little squishy for my taste. I bit the bullet and modified my build to be something like I saw ONE GUY (InsaneIns) on POE Ninja using -- ditch the HoAg and instead abuse 3x Purity of Ice/Fire/Lightning, and grab a free Malevolence w/Aul's amulet. Not having to worry about resistance makes gearing easier. Since we can do the bottom right corner and catch two cluster nodes, we can get 4 medium CJs, one for Low Tolerance +, and the other 3 for Pure Commander + another aura scaling notable to get max res up close to 90%, plus regular res up a lot and stronger malevolence.

I got my max res for elements up to 88% each, armor around 50k with flasks, and I use a Watcher's Eye that does malev-mult + sends phys damage to Fire (artic armor for 12% reduce, then layer on the 88% resist). Tack on some block chance for dual-wield, endurance charge on kill boots, and I feel very tanky even if I'm careless.

Check my profile (ScrotieMcBoogerBabe character) for my most current build. I highly recommend it if you have some currency -- Watcher's eye, corrupted perfect form, decent claws, my boots. It's not perfect and I'm sure I could refine it, but it feels like a nice blend of poison damage (more than enough for everything so far - easy Sirus A8 kill), tank, and super fast movement/mapping. My favorite build ever and it dies rarely enough that I'm still surprised at the clear/damage.

Curious if anyone has feedback. And sorry if this is seen as a critique of the base build - a really nice one that I just had trouble staying alive with in this league (3.10). :)

I rolled what he said and have to say it's amazing, despite having 4.8k life is just so tanky and the clear is totally fine, the +++ is when you take damage you have actually time to react, oneshot doesn't exist. On single target alone like conquerors i use viper strike feels better than pestilent. And in the end the most expensive stuff are the weapons, i'm sad i'm kinda stuck with gear upgrading.

Ill work on that idea to see if it can be pulled out without Aul's amulet. That thing is very rare, not everyone will get it.
There are only 25 of those on market.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on May 2, 2020, 7:14:01 PM
How is the damage? It looks amazing on paper but I feel like we're sacrificing a lot.
Last edited by Yalpe on May 2, 2020, 7:25:25 PM
As a new player, I was playing with Venom and CL. I really wanted to try PS. I had no money to buy the armor. I saved money and bought the armor yesterday. PS is amazing. I now finish T14-15-16 maps much more comfortably and faster. Does anyone suggest me to be better? I want to save money and make the character better. You can browse my character from my profile.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info