[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
Hey guys,

Any thoughts on vile toxins vs awakened unbound ailments when using viper strike??

Is better vile toxin, vs have already a long venom effect
Hello guys,

I continuously checking forum for new insight into this superb build, which I like so much. I currently left venomg gyre setup into pestilent strike.

Many people run some kind of CWDT gem setup. What setup are you using? I want to go IC + MS, but few page above is comment, that this setup is not good and efficient.

I also gathered enough fossils to run some craft for T1 attack speed onto my weapons. But I am not sure which resonator should I use. 4 socket would be probably best, but is it able reach required poison buffs, chaos dmg and T1 attack speed even with 3socket resonators?

I will return to this build next league for sure, due to top starter potential + very, very fun gameplay. You have to be more focused into playing than with other, "safer" builds.
"
Kruttor666 wrote:
Hello guys,

I continuously checking forum for new insight into this superb build, which I like so much. I currently left venomg gyre setup into pestilent strike.

Many people run some kind of CWDT gem setup. What setup are you using? I want to go IC + MS, but few page above is comment, that this setup is not good and efficient.

I also gathered enough fossils to run some craft for T1 attack speed onto my weapons. But I am not sure which resonator should I use. 4 socket would be probably best, but is it able reach required poison buffs, chaos dmg and T1 attack speed even with 3socket resonators?

I will return to this build next league for sure, due to top starter potential + very, very fun gameplay. You have to be more focused into playing than with other, "safer" builds.

IC + MS is not good because proccing IC places MS on cooldown. And since IC is just so much weaker than MS with this amount of armour you really do not want that to happen.

About weaponcrafting: Theoretically you can hit the absolute GG claw by just chaos spamming, fossils just increase the chance of getting a good roll.
Difference between 3 and 4 Socket resonator is the metallic fossil, which blocks out all physical modifiers, which includes bleeding modifiers from the corroded fossil, so you're only left with poison there. It's of course still not a guaranteed hit, but if it were, GG claws would be worth ~30c...
"
Corioliss wrote:
"
Kruttor666 wrote:
Hello guys,

IC + MS is not good because proccing IC places MS on cooldown. And since IC is just so much weaker than MS with this amount of armour you really do not want that to happen.

About weaponcrafting: Theoretically you can hit the absolute GG claw by just chaos spamming, fossils just increase the chance of getting a good roll.
Difference between 3 and 4 Socket resonator is the metallic fossil, which blocks out all physical modifiers, which includes bleeding modifiers from the corroded fossil, so you're only left with poison there. It's of course still not a guaranteed hit, but if it were, GG claws would be worth ~30c...

Should i leave CWDT setup then, or put some golem (lightning probably), maybe Arctic breath?
So, after the last Posts I went and tried the explo-node in our large cluster as well. It feels good, but has some downsides as well: We can´t take any other great nodes because it is another prefix. Therefore I went ahead and tested the work-around with a small Thread of Hope, Phase acrobatics unallocated and this Little piece, that I finished today.

Also, the 10% Explosion do happen often, that is correct. Now they are Happening permanently. I will let you know how it feels, once im done testing.

"
Kruttor666 wrote:
"
Corioliss wrote:
"
Kruttor666 wrote:
Hello guys,

Should i leave CWDT setup then, or put some golem (lightning probably), maybe Arctic breath?
I tried several CWDT setups with this build, the only one that is even remotely worth it is the CWDT/Vortex/Bonechill Setup, that was in the guide up until last league, but even that is just not good enough.

Overall I'd recommend just going with the gems as they are in the guide, maybe only switch out one for a Portal (I switched out Withering Step, only take that for deep delving).
"
Kruttor666 wrote:
Hello guys,

I use IC 20/20 with CWDT 20/20 and VMS 21/23. The level req of VMS prevents it from proccing off of CWDT. I manually cast MS all the time and VMS when I boss.
"
Yalpe wrote:
"
Kruttor666 wrote:
Hello guys,

I use IC 20/20 with CWDT 20/20 and VMS 21/23. The level req of VMS prevents it from proccing off of CWDT. I manually cast MS all the time and VMS when I boss.
You can NOT activate Molten Shell after the CWDT procced IC, that's why that setup is bad for the build.
You basically block out a use of the really strong MS for the much weaker IC, which absolutely makes no sense.

Also: This build has kinda inconsistent Endurance charge generation through block and stealing. So you really don't want to remove endurance charges when you do have them.
Love the build so far, very fun to play and keeps me engaged with the manual activation's. I am still new to the game, learning new things all the time. What is the difference between the powerful alchemical and chaotic resonator? which should i be using for crafting the claws?

Thank you, I appreciate the guide and fun play.
"
Vennto wrote:
So, after the last Posts I went and tried the explo-node in our large cluster as well. It feels good, but has some downsides as well: We can´t take any other great nodes because it is another prefix. Therefore I went ahead and tested the work-around with a small Thread of Hope, Phase acrobatics unallocated and this Little piece, that I finished today.

Also, the 10% Explosion do happen often, that is correct. Now they are Happening permanently. I will let you know how it feels, once im done testing.

Lemme know how it goes. The benefit of a Perfect form is its easier to find +1 to gems, etc.

The main reason I went with Unspeakable Gifts, is because I needed a Large Cluster jewel. My main goal was to run 2 medium and 2 small, but the top node was basically 3 wasted points(the one with projectile damage). So, that meant I needed a Large Cluster to be able to use 2 mediums and 2 small clusters. None of the other clusters seemed all that helpful. One with Feed the Fury/Fuel the fight is honestly not a bad option; I run that on my Marauder. Can take that, and probably dump the Claw cluster for something else if you can find something else better to spend the points on.

But, I went with Chaos damage Cluster because it had some nice perks. Explosions, and cant be stunned while attacking.

Unholy Grace is the other option you can get on the cluster if you dont care about Unspeakable Gifts. Just you cant have both; its one or the other. Unholy Grace is 10% IAS/30% chaos damage. Its solid. But, I Figured the explosions would actually be a nice boost to killing things in like a 5 orb map and Simulacrums. A beyond boss or some rares blowing up at 25% of their life can help clear some stuff out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info