[0.10.4] LS Marauder (The Striker (tm))

Check this out...

M1's Mara

You'll need LS supported by a >L5 Mana leech Gem, and support it with accuracy also ( ;) ). You can run LOH with it too if you have the slots.

Last edited by M1Combat on Mar 21, 2013, 2:33:44 AM
is this build wrong? im @ lvl 64 marauder now with it :/....
Breach : MLXFL
Uhhhh. I should've done this sooner. Anyway, I spent some time and searched for every single bit of information known about LS, then went ingame and tested whatever I wasn't sure about. Apparently both M1Combat and me are wrong in some aspects.

So, how does LS work? LS consists of two components, which are NOT connected and have nothing to do with each other. The tooltip DPS only shows the DPS of the melee component, and has nothing to do with the projectiles.

First component: the melee single target hit.

Spoiler
Base mechanics: 120% damage effectiveness, 50% of physical damage converted to lightning.
What is added: all Added types of damage (Hatred aura, all Added damage support gems (both flat and percentile ones)), all flat elemental damage from items (including weapon), flat elemental damage from auras (wrath, anger).
Boosted by: all Physical damage modifiers (both support gems and passive nodes), Weapon Elemental Damage (passives, support gem, item bonus) and Elemental Damage (both integers on items and % on passive).
Damage lowered with all the negative modifiers, such as -50% from chain or -30% from LMP.

Second component: the projectiles.

Spoiler
Base mechanics: the projectiles are a secondary effect which shares the base with the melee hit, but is ultimately modified by a negative 30% multiplier (negative 30% multiplier = *0.7).
What is added: all Added types of damage (Hatred aura, all Added damage support gems (both flat and percentile ones)), all flat elemental damage from items (including weapon), flat elemental damage from auras (wrath, anger).
Boosted by: all projectile modifiers (% projectile damage), Iron Grip (affects the whole base physical damage), Weapon Elemental Damage (passives, support gem, item bonus) and Elemental Damage (both integers on items and % on passive), Point Blank.
Damage lowered with all the negative modifiers, such as -50% from chain or -30% from LMP, and -30% projectile damage of LS applies the same as the -30% from LMP.

How did I test whether the elemental damage on weapons adds to projectiles?

Spoiler
I unequipped all the other items; left only the weapon and armour on (because the armour had the sockets I needed to link up LS). The gems used were LS+WED+LMP, to be able to easily spot projectile damage difference. I also have one 8% projectile damage node for the purpose of this test, also to augment easier spotting of any damage differences.

Weapons used had to have as similar physical damages as possible (to minimize the difference), and one had to be clean of any elemental modifiers, while the other one had to have some flat elemental damage - the more the merrier, because the projectile damage would be spotted easier. So I picked out these:

The monsters tested on were blue archers in Merciless Ledge with no resistance modifiers (in order to be able to keep distance from them and exactly notice the damage dealt).

Obviously, if M1Combat was right, there would be practically no noticeable difference between projectile damage with those two weapons.

However, the results prove otherwise. The weapon with elemental mods deals significantly more damage with each projectile - therefore, flat elemental mods on the weapon itself also add to the Lightning Strike projectiles!
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Last edited by VenatorPoE on Mar 21, 2013, 12:32:14 PM
Thank you for clearing that up, Venator. I was trying to find some information about this my self, but i couldn't get the specifics that i wanted.

I don't think more testing would hurt this, so if M1 is still around, i encourage him to do some testing as well!
My Supporter Pack list compensates for my small penis.
is there anyway i can see the projectiles damage?
No, but you can calculate it.
how to calculate? :D
You can figure that out from the description of Lightning Strike, paired with the damage conversion rules, paired with the passive tree bonuses, paired with all the damage modifiers on each piece of your gear, paired with modifiers from support gems and including Damage Effectiveness.

Simple, right?
ok. Also, my damage currently sucks :/ what to do?

Try switching out GMP for LMP? Do you have the Elemental nodes in the tree?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info