[0.10.4] LS Marauder (The Striker (tm))

right so, chain is worth around 1exalted. would you rather go the Chain route or go the high quality LS route if you had to choose both and why? thanks
Breach : MLXFL
"
william2433 wrote:
right so, chain is worth around 1exalted. would you rather go the Chain route or go the high quality LS route if you had to choose both and why? thanks

Chains down to 2-3 gcp. Whoever is paying 1 ex per chain is high (at least on HC)
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
ok so 2-3 gcp. highest quality lightning strike gainable or chain? ( for 4L) thanks
Going for 20% quality LS is the better option, because it allows rather high gearing freedom. You won't need a lot of base DPS, basically, and you will hit more targets.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
ok thanks. also, could you show me a good example of a nice weapon to use? thanks
Roll any high speed weapon with elemental modifiers, basically. Pretty much the same type of weapon you would use for any other elementalist build.

An example. Not the best example, but it shows the versatility for the type of weapon you can use.

Ehhh...

LS converts physical damage to the lightning projectiles.

You want the fastest and highest physical damage weapon you can get. The added elemental damage on the weapon ONLY affects the one mob you're currently hitting with the weapon itself. It does not affect the lightning projectiles.

Also...

Why would you take extra elemental damage nodes for LS? You want more physical damage as then you have more physical damage being converted to lightning.

Which of these two will produce more damage for LS? (Ignore the gems, I just had the IQ there to level it)

The second will produce more damage.

"
Unmodified projectiles will do 70% of full weapon damage, of which 50% is physical and 50% is lightning damage (the bolts benefit from added damage, e.g. as from aura's), against any target struck.

The Ele Dmg nodes... because this is a build based on purely elemental damage?

To comment on the obvious; LS converts physical, so yeah, if the best weapon you have that will give the most damage to LS is a high physical with no ele mods, of course you're going to use it. The Claw I posted in the last thread is merely an example of suitable affixes; it is not to be taken literally.
It doesn't. The first produced about 15% or so more damage with LS. As you can see that's with less chance to crit and a tad less attack speed. I had no axe or blade/dagger damage nodes of any type.

Physical damage nodes are better for LS.

Physical damage weapons are better for LS.

Added Ele damage on the weapon is ONLY useful against the single target that you melee attack with LS.

Added Ele damage with aura's etc do indeed add damage to the projectiles and the weapon.

One of us does not understand LS correctly.

Read this... but understand that it isn't "quite" right either as it's a bit old.

For one thing I can PROMISE you that Iron Grip DOES NOT affect LS. Not even a tad. I was pretty pissed when I was told it does and had to use a respec point to get rid of it.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/89381/highlight/page/page/1

Take physical damage nodes. Not elemental damage nodes.

Sorry to break it to you... but I'm just trying to help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info