[0.10.4] LS Marauder (The Striker (tm))

Yeah, this build looks just gross with multistrike and LMP added in. If my LA guy dies or I get time to work on my alts, this is going to be my next build. Will probably go duelist, or ranger though and work on projectiles :)
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
Mastodonic wrote:
That would assume you're running a 6-link with WED and LoH in there as well. From my own experience, i would rate the gems in order of priority as;

LS-LoH-Multistrike-WED-LMP-FA

Assuming you have a quality LS.

I don't agree with using LMP myself. I find the 3 projectiles is already enough to easily clear everything quickly. I personally think Lightning Penetration would be the best for a 6L, but there are a few others (added fire or one of the crit gems) that might be good as well.
IGN: Dmillz
I personally am not running LMP on my current marauder yet, he's new and wont be able to level the gem fast enough to negate the damage penalty. I think purely with a HC mentality, and i just dont want to get too close to a large packs of mobs after my last loss. The extra projectiles offer more life on hit potential per swing, with a tighter spread at further ranges. The speed with which MS allows you to attack with even mediocre gear negates the damage loss.
If i had a six link, i would run FA with LMP 100% no question. LMP doesnt hurt the dmg that much at higher levels. With plenty of dmg come from shock stacking and added ele dmg you end up with a wall of death.
Might as well forget about this build with the upcoming nerf to LS+MS. Just do yourself a favor and run LA like everyone else.

Sick of this bullshit.
What nerf?

Nvm, found the thread.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/338689

At level 15 the +melee damage negates the penalty but still offers 100%+ attack speed. It'll be fine
Last edited by Mastodonic on Apr 17, 2013, 1:38:38 AM
Thing you need to understand is that without Multi, LS builds were never even remotely on par with the other cookie cutter builds in terms of clearing efficiency.

Multistrike brought them up to the level of EK, assuming decent gear.

Now they're basically down to the point where, it's still viable, but strictly worse than everything else your party members will be using.
"
Mastodonic wrote:
What nerf?

Nvm, found the thread.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/338689

At level 15 the +melee damage negates the penalty but still offers 100%+ attack speed. It'll be fine

+ melee damage doesnt affect the projectiles, and even if it did, "increased melee dmg" =/= more melee dmg, it DOES NOT negate the 40% less damage nerf
It's still an amazing support gem for LS, because the increased attack speed is multiplicative, instead of additive. Since most LS builds rely on a great deal of attack speed, this is huge.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
I disagree, the damage reduction is too large to justify the gem. Better to just get faster attacks, LMP, increased elemental, increased physical, etc. The way I see it, multistrike isn't increasing attack speed compared to other support gems, it's drawing out its benefit and slowing you down. LMP's projectiles don't take any time at all, at a lower mana cost, for less of a damage reduction.
The main value of MS in LS builds wasn't that you were dealing damage faster, but mainly that you're in a much better position to take advantage of static blows. More shock applications and more attacks before the shocks wear off means that MS actually boosted your damage MUCH more than simple DPS would suggest.

Is it still worth it with 40% less damage? Maybe. Probably not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info