[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

did a heist at lvl3 and got lifespring bramblejack 4 fus and a lot of other orbs.
Makes lvl easyer.
seems this time league contend also good while lvling
"
did a heist at lvl3 and got lifespring bramblejack 4 fus and a lot of other orbs.
Makes lvl easyer.
seems this time league contend also good while lvling
\

i got the exact same items :D cheers!
can someone help me

I enter heist and accidential click the portal with i go in. Then i portal out of the heist and its gone. Or do i something missing.
"
can someone help me

I enter heist and accidential click the portal with i go in. Then i portal out of the heist and its gone. Or do i something missing.

Rip, like porting out of lab. 1 try only!
"
LiNGeN wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
While waiting, can somebody explain the Wave of Conviction usage? It deals Physical, Fire and Lightning damage and applies exposure (-25% resist) to the element that ends up dealing the highest damage. How does this help us? Or will it work with Herald of Ice that adds more flat cold than the fire/lightning from WoC itself?
If you use Hatred that alone is more than enough to convert the base physical spell damage into the dominant cold damage, thus applying cold exposure.

There's also a new alternate quality WoC with cold damage.

I see. But Hatred is only worth using with the cluster jewels?
"
Graiaule wrote:
LOL, Oak got stealth buffed. Be aware he's difficult to kill since he heals himself to full roughly every 5 seconds!

The creeping frost is definitely superior to freezing pulse on trash mobs, but on bosses it's about as bad. Sigh. Another long slow nightmare of levelling.

-----

Yeah I had to wait until I hit level 21 before I could kill Oak. Just FYI.

-----

I've been running heists to level up. I did get a Karui Ward I am using but nothing else. As in, zero other uniques in 5 heists. So it's just random. Or maybe you have to open a particular Smuggler Cache to get the good heist.

Oak died in about 5 sec to my Icicle Mines. Just saying ;p
So do we have a backup plan for late endgame single target or is that something we'll take a look at once we get there?
I did a test in Standard: ran T16 Hydra with random alch mods on my abandoned 3.11 character (Winter_Farm) - lv 89 with unfinished gems and semi-ghetto gear, 6.6k ES.

Clearing with Inc AoE + CD instead of CE + SC was just fine. The storms are indeed limited to 5, but everything dies as I cyclone through, before the storms behind me disappear, except some tanky rares. It's still far better than any self-casting setup.

The boss, however... Yeah, the limit of max 25 hits per second feels bad. Ramping up that max dps takes only ~1.5 sec, but it takes quite a bit longer to kill the boss than before - I did the same test last night with unlimited storms.

Then again, spending 2x as much time on the boss as before the nerf is still only a fraction of the total mapping time. And this is a base that we haven't started to build upon yet. New things in 3.12 might allow us bring the boss DPS up again.

For now, the build is definitely viable as a league starter. I'm going to go with it and see what can be done later.

I'm going to try emailing GGG, and it would be nice if more people emailed them too. The 5 storm limit is an unjustified nerf. Perhaps the devs can agree to raise it to 10?
"
Kelvynn wrote:
I did a test in Standard: ran T16 Hydra with random alch mods on my abandoned 3.11 character (Winter_Farm) - lv 89 with unfinished gems and semi-ghetto gear, 6.6k ES.

Clearing with Inc AoE + CD instead of CE + SC was just fine. The storms are indeed limited to 5, but everything dies as I cyclone through, before the storms behind me disappear, except some tanky rares. It's still far better than any self-casting setup.

The boss, however... Yeah, the limit of max 25 hits per second feels bad. Ramping up that max dps takes only ~1.5 sec, but it takes quite a bit longer to kill the boss than before - I did the same test last night with unlimited storms.

Then again, spending 2x as much time on the boss as before the nerf is still only a fraction of the total mapping time. And this is a base that we haven't started to build upon yet. New things in 3.12 might allow us bring the boss DPS up again.

For now, the build is definitely viable as a league starter. I'm going to go with it and see what can be done later.

I'm going to try emailing GGG, and it would be nice if more people emailed them too. The 5 storm limit is an unjustified nerf. Perhaps the devs can agree to raise it to 10?

i went with cold dot leveling (with power siphon and 2x spellslinger setup), its smooth as butter

ps. where should we send mails, never did this before
Yes, where can we email them? If they raise the cap even a little bit it'd be better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info