[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I just ran a t16 and map clear is better I think.....compared to my previous run. This is with no helm or vortex btw.

Boss was slowish but we can work on.

I'm going to make a scion.
Performance felt worse though. Those new spikes are huge and you can clearly see their shadows.

If you point the mouse farther away from cyclone you basically have ZERO spikes hitting behind you...
"
LiNGeN wrote:
"
SkylerOG wrote:
Spoiler
Not gonna go over this again I already posted at length. I think you misunderstand me anyway. Lets see what happens in 4 hours!

I get what you're trying to say, but understand that any duration over 5 seconds is useless/a waste.

Base duration of 1 second + 3000 int = 4s storm duration.

So taking Potency of Will would be 4 * 1.45 = 5.8.

That extra .8s is thrown out the instant ice shard #26 of each storm impacts.

Yes, you need 5.0 seconds, however, to reach the 25 per ice storm shard limit. 1s / 0.2s = 5 max shards per second * 5 max storms = 25. Meaning 5 seconds to ramp up to this and then the overwriting/storm replacing begins with shard #26.

But with 3,000 int, you only need +0.25% duration to reach that 5.0s cap.

And I'm assuming most of you guys have over 3k int if I'm around 2,800 with my middle of the road setup. I suspect some of you are even around 4k int. Which means you would need ZERO +duration to reach your 25 shard per second per storm cap.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 18, 2020, 4:30:55 PM
Just ran a T16 Hydra with extra life. Clear felt totally fine using Awakened Increased AOE, although I did have to backtrack once for a tanky rare.

Bossing was much slower, Hydra took at least twice as long as I would expect, but still went quickly enough. (This is with Awakened increased AOE, would be faster with a full bossing setup)

Build is certainly viable at high investment. I'm also hopeful that some fun tweaks will happen as the league progresses.
Last edited by Breken on Sep 18, 2020, 4:25:44 PM
Anybody has tested ASC yet ? does it count to the 5 storms cap ?
"
Tracabulhos wrote:

Yeah it counts... ASC is not worth it at all for Icestorm any longer. Kills storm stacking dead.
"
Tracabulhos wrote:

I just tried my standard character with regular SC, it did look like they count towards it, casting once created 3 icestorms, casting again quickly removed 2 of them from the first cast.
did some delve at 500 deep and its okisch with 3,6 k int and 15 k es. Did aul also was a pain. what i noticed is that i did get much less dmg from mobs. did 5 routes and in all the same. The reggen is much slower but the dmg income also. Dont understand why.

I think it will be for the league in this stage not a good build as i dont think to get 3,5 k int. Last league was best at 2,7k.

But as i played it so long time i give it a try and will see what happen.
No replica Whispering Ice to be found, however there is a replica Stampede, Headhunter, Poorjoy's to be found, no idea what they might do.

There is also a new ring basetype that allows you to have 4 suffixs, and 2 prefixes, with no implicit. Might be nice for sticking an aspect on.

There is a currency that changes the effect of gem quality to try to make getting rare gem quality effects easier.

Weapon enchantment orbs are also a thing so you can get elemental damage on your WI staff.

Have a great league everyone!
LOL, Oak got stealth buffed. Be aware he's difficult to kill since he heals himself to full roughly every 5 seconds!

The creeping frost is definitely superior to freezing pulse on trash mobs, but on bosses it's about as bad. Sigh. Another long slow nightmare of levelling.

-----

Yeah I had to wait until I hit level 21 before I could kill Oak. Just FYI.

-----

I've been running heists to level up. I did get a Karui Ward I am using but nothing else. As in, zero other uniques in 5 heists. So it's just random. Or maybe you have to open a particular Smuggler Cache to get the good heist.
Last edited by Graiaule on Sep 18, 2020, 7:35:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info