[3.11]QUEEN OF NECROMANCY - STRONGEST ZOMBIES EVER? 55M+ DPS 7K+ LIFE MAX BLOCK 90% CHAOS RES

Has anyone run the math on War Banner vs Dread Banner? Impale is pretty strong, but of course they would need to hit.

Also, if I'm running a single golem, wouldn't Carrion Golem be a good choice over say, stone golem? Since it boosts the damage of all my other minions.
Last edited by Breken on Sep 15, 2019, 11:02:34 AM
"
Breken wrote:
Has anyone run the math on War Banner vs Dread Banner? Impale is pretty strong, but of course they would need to hit.

Also, if I'm running a single golem, wouldn't Carrion Golem be a good choice over say, stone golem? Since it boosts the damage of all my other minions.

wot y need?

more defence use stone or chaos golem

more damage use carion golem
"
101zombi101 wrote:
"
Breken wrote:

wot y need?

more defence use stone or chaos golem

more damage use carion golem

Nah, never use Carrion Golem if its your single golem. It gives close to no damage to our other minions. Really, its less than 0.3%. Stone Golem on the other hand gives me 130 more life regenerated per second, which is great. And Chaos Golem gives 5% phys dmg reduction, which is also a lot.

So not even if your build has enough defense and needs more damage, which should never be the case with this build, don't use Carrion Golem as your single golem.
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 15, 2019, 11:28:17 AM
Best way to get 3 red socket on the armor?
@Mecielle Ruthless support or Brutality support? which one giving more dps
how to remove OIL craft ?

wonna make new on amulet

These are kinda fun for the build as well... Having life leech persist is a really nice mechanic. Not sure if they are better than our other options, but I've been enjoying them.
"
101zombi101 wrote:
how to remove OIL craft ?

wonna make new on amulet

Pretty sure you can just craft over the top of old anointment.
"
BuIIyHunter wrote:
@Mecielle Ruthless support or Brutality support? which one giving more dps

Brutality for pure phys, aka no conversion gloves and not using Grave Intentions, and I think noone should be using Grave Intentions, its really, really weak.
"
Breken wrote:

"
healzr got me thinking back to impale, so I decided to revaluate if it’s worth it.

Calculations provided to healzr.
Spoiler
I should start off by saying I recall Qlida mentioning minions cannot impale. I don’t know where he got that information nor if it’s accurate or not. As far as I can tell they can impale via support gem and banner only; all other sources do not affect minions.

Being the equivalent of L4 Empower seems off, especially since you have the fully crafted mace, but meh, I don’t have any calculators to work with.

20/20 gem only
- 40% chance to impale
- 5 impales (50%)
- 59% increased effect
- 15% more damage
.4 * .5 * 1.59 * .5 * 1.15 = 36.57% more damage

Impale scales very up to 100% chance to hit.

100% chance to impale
1 * .5 * 1.59 *.5 * 1.15 = 91.425% more damage

This will fluctuate based off gem levels and such. But I’m sure you can see why I’m saying go with Generosity. While we cannot reach 100%, we can scale aura effect on the banner. 24% on tree + 39% on Generosity brings the effect up to 63% and 32.6% (rounded down to 32%) chance to impale. Add in the gem we have 72% chance to impale.

72% chance to impale
.72 * .5 * 1.59 * 1.15 = 65.826% more damage (gem damage only but with added hit chance from banner).

This has to be weighed against level scaling and value of dread vs war banner. Impale is virtually instant damage for us since every hit on the enemy after the impale will remove a charge (minions hit a lot. There are many variables I won’t get into. Remember, you have War Banner with I presume 24% increased effect (64% chance to impale).

Note: all calculations took impale effect from the gem only and ignored increased effect from the banner. The only factor changed was chance to impale. If you want 100% chance to impale, you need 200% increased aura effect which is not possible.

Edit: I just did some calculations, and the difference between Dread Banner linked to Generosity and not is about 16.8% more damage linked (still using 20/20 gem)

Gem + Banner + 24% increased effect
- 64% chance to impale
- 82% increased effect
.64 * .5 * 1.82 * 1.15 = 66.976%

Gem + Banner + 63% increased effect
- 72% chance to impale
- 89% increased effect
.72 * .5 * 1.89 * 1.15 = 78.246%

There are too many subtle variables in this game, so I’m going to assume a few things for the purpose of these calculations.
(1) Minions can impale (I recall Qlida saying they can’t, but I’m not sure why)
(2) Gems are socketed in the guide’s crafted mace with the guide’s Ascendencies
(3) Using a 23/20 Impale Support
(4) Using a 20/20 Dread Banner, Dropping 20/20 War Banner
(5) Using 22/20 Skitterbots
(6) L20 Maim Support in weapon
(7) 24% increased non-curse aura effect taken via Ascendency and Passives
(8) Using 20/20 Generosity linked to both Banners
(9) This will be compared against a L23 Ruthless. So the math has to be more than 48% more damage in order to check out.

Enemies take increased damage
- War Banner: 17%
- Skitterbots: 24%
- Maim: 14%
This means that when switching from War Banner to Dread Banner, we need to add a multiplier of ~.6909 in order to account for the dps loss. The dps gain from Dread Banner will be factored into the Impale Multiplier.

Impale
- 5 Impales (50%)
- 72% chance to impale
- 94% increased effect
- Gem grants 17% more damage

.72 * .5 * 1.94 * 1.17 *.6909 = ~56.46% more damage

It appears that as long as my math checks out, it provides ~17% more damage to make the swap. I may look into this more over the weekend, and I would very much appreciate someone checking my math. Also, if I’m wrong about minions and impale, that would be nice to know too!

Note: Impale scales very well, but that makes it much weaker early on. Switching provides a small defensive buff due to the accuracy changes, but I did Not factor in any dps loss (if any) due to minion accuracy. Linking Generosity to your Banner will negate the only aura on you for Commander of Darkness. Chaos/elemental damage cannot impale, so this serves no purpose for those variants.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info