Animation Feedback

Hey guys. The game looks good :) I just wanted to drop in and offer some feedback on 1 skill that I don't particularly like: Tempest shield.

I find that it's visual effect is too big and annoying; I would suggest something a lot more simpler (while still remaining easy to observe) - there's a blue "rune" drawn on the player shield while the skill is active, I think that it would be perfect if only the rune would remain visible, and the whole visual effect (as it is now) would only be displayed whenever a block occurs.

I think that would be awesome :D
The daggers are still backwards when the Shadow single-handedly wields them. :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
1. i dont know how many person suggested the shadow to wield the daggers / one of the dagger upside down... but seriously, it looks cooler.

2. shadow's battle stance reminds me of Heroes of Newerth's scout. yes, both looks so cool. unfortunately when i see the shadow do the walking animation it just looks like a person taking a slow walk in the park... with 30% faster walking speed.
Maruader standing animation looks daft/retarded.

I mean i can understand a less civilized looking, bulky, half-wit kinda look (all brawn no brains), but he just looks awfull atm, kinda zombie like.
Shadow staff animations are very weak. Not a high priority fix, but heavy strike in particular is terrible-looking with him. It looks like he's weakly flicking his staff with that particular attack. Though I do find it interesting how he wields the staff, it needs to have a more impactful swing animation down the road...
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Hope this post reply's going to the right place. First one I will have made.

The new 0.10.1 patch is great and the effects in general welcome, but i find the new cleave animation with a duelist to be more of a quick flick rather than a broad sweeping cleave action. I'm playing with a fairly high attack speed/rapier so the animation plays quick and i prefer the older broad stroke.

The elbow of his right arm when walking seems to poke out a little more than it should maybe too. I'm not an animation expert so they're just personal observations.

Other than that its great and keep up the good work
Just give the Shadow proper knife stab animations already. His current single dagger attacks look like he's trying to punch the enemy in the gut with a lunge, using the knife handle.

Really not a fan.

I disagree, anubite: I like the way the Shadow swings a staff with one hand. Haven't seen Heavy strike though. Just double strike. Looks pretty badass.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Going to chime in with the comments regarding the Shadow.

I am a huge fan of the back-handed grip on the dagger. Wish it would use that grip dual-wielded as well, but that's not a huge issue. More importantly, it would be awesome if he wasn't striking with the dull side of single-edged knives! Also, one of his attack animations now rather kills the fluidity of combat. Pretty sure this was the same one Charan was referring to; the "punch-and-pause." Somewhat of a strange maneuver.

Also, the Spiked Bundle doesn't seem to want to stay on the Shadow's arm when he's standing still in town, though it fits the character model properly when he is in motion. Again, something that I am sure has been mentioned previously.

Nothing else to report at the moment except that I approve of the new shield models; great work!
New duelists animation is awful.
Too quik,too unnaturally.
Why he grabs blade of twohanded sword at Heavy Strike?
He runing like a wood doll...
Leap Slam is something from Chinese action film - soo stupid fly.

Hope, old version will return.
"Отрастил скилл - имеешь право ногибать" СерБ
"
Charan wrote:
Just give the Shadow proper knife stab animations already. His current single dagger attacks look like he's trying to punch the enemy in the gut with a lunge, using the knife handle.

Really not a fan.

I disagree, anubite: I like the way the Shadow swings a staff with one hand. Haven't seen Heavy strike though. Just double strike. Looks pretty badass.

Well, use heavy strike. I think you'll agree with me.

The posture he uses to hold the staff is visually interesting (though the MA in me cringes at how unwieldy it must be), but it just looks silly with heavy strike - like I'm tapping the guy.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info