Animation Feedback

"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
Malice wrote:
"
Verb wrote:
the duelist dual wield cleave animation looks like it stops to soon or something. Looks like he's twiching or something when he does it. In comparison the shadow animation is smooth as ass. Actually the shadow animation is amazing but the duelist looks wierd.

Just put these two videos next to each other and you'll see the huge difference.

Shadow cleave

Duelist cleave

Looks like the duelist is using a one-handed animation for cleave, only swinging the right-hand weapon. It used to look more like the shadow one.

It the same for the templar dual wield cleave, the animation is pretty horrible..and no fix for it yet:(

All the cleaves for all characters are going to get a make over soon. The Cleave has had alot of incarnations so the animations between characters vary alot the new ones will be abit more uniform.

Thanks for the feedback
animator
"
Ari wrote:

All the cleaves for all characters are going to get a make over soon. The Cleave has had alot of incarnations so the animations between characters vary alot the new ones will be abit more uniform.

Thanks for the feedback

Yay! cant wait for it!

sneak in a cleave micro effect too, i bet loads of people will pay for it :D
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
At the time i may have expressed my feelings not so well, along combined with my quck tempered side at the time;
Spoiler
"
BrecMadak wrote:
All stance are really broken, thay all look like girl characters from any anime. I wonder when this will be fixed.

Also witch still in the air on characters' screen.

Therefore would to ask again; When we could expect an overhaul regarding changing all characters' standing out of safe zone ?
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Sorry if thats perhaps not the 100% perfect thread (or has been mentioned already - i just reached act 3 the first time)

There are some guys in act 3 that seems to wear some sort of "icy crown" (if its not clear what i´m talking about, i can have another look at their name when i have time to play again).
I think it´s been the warehouse-district.

When they move their head forward, the area around the head starts to look somehow "blocky". And when they get frozen, a icy (BIG!) square is around their head. Cant think that it´s intended to look that way.

-----

Ok, it´s the undying grappler.
And after lying dead in front of one i could zoom in...perhaps it was indeed inteded to be so, as there are all those crackling spikes on his head.
Last edited by magicmerlin on Mar 8, 2013, 7:37:27 AM
Dear Ari,

LOVE the new dagger animations for Shadow. Awesome work. So glad you've been tweaking these.

One issue -- in town, the shadow switches to backhand for all off-hand weapons. I happen to be playing an odd left-hand sword right-hand claw build, and in town, he holds the sword backhand, but switches miraculously to forehand when moving. If I reverse it, the claw is oddly pointing outwards rather than in.

I figure these are all side effects of finally getting the Shadow to wield two daggers backhand style.

Thanks for all your work. Really appreciate it. :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
Dear Ari,

LOVE the new dagger animations for Shadow. Awesome work. So glad you've been tweaking these.

One issue -- in town, the shadow switches to backhand for all off-hand weapons. I happen to be playing an odd left-hand sword right-hand claw build, and in town, he holds the sword backhand, but switches miraculously to forehand when moving. If I reverse it, the claw is oddly pointing outwards rather than in.

I figure these are all side effects of finally getting the Shadow to wield two daggers backhand style.

Hey Charan,

Cool glad you like the new stuff. Yep I've already done all the animations to fix this just waiting for them to get hooked up but the guys are super busy so it's probably a couple patches away.

Thanks for the feedback, have a good one
animator
"
Ari wrote:
"
Charan wrote:
Dear Ari,

Hey Charan,

Cool glad you like the new stuff. Yep I've already done all the animations to fix this just waiting for them to get hooked up but the guys are super busy so it's probably a couple patches away.

Thanks for the feedback, have a good one

Please dont forget about cleave Ari :(
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Just noticed the new dagger animations for the Shadow, they are awesome!

Dual wielding looks great with them.
why were the shadow staff animations changed?
"
creamies wrote:
why were the shadow staff animations changed?

the old ones where coming up in alot of bug reports
animator

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info