Animation Feedback

To be honest all the running animation are kinda lame.

It shocked me with my first character: a Shadow, with a very nice stance, so badass.
BUT when you see him running, this is laughable, so rigid...

All characters have ugly running animations IMO, they look like robots trying to run, and this is really sad because other animations are great.
GGG fanboy
they should animate with a cheap solution to mocap
like kinect for pc
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/kinectforwindows/

or the new leap
https://www.leapmotion.com/
I think the way templars use wands looks ridiculous, looks like a whipping action.
IGN: Hyoumei
Templars needs his own stance/meelecombat animations as it was at Closed Beta. its cheap you recycled the animations from marauder class.

They are a "disciplined" order or what's the concept?.

"
2i0 wrote:
Templars needs his own stance/meelecombat animations as it was at Closed Beta. its cheap you recycled the animations from marauder class.

We didn't re-use the marauders animations if you notice that the templar uses a left handed stance while the marauder is right handed. We have made the animations more uniform over all to work better with our current game engine limitations and to make adding new skills easier, the attacks are also faster and shorter than they where in closed beta as an attempt to improve the pace of the game. We may have sacrificed some of the individual style of the characters in doing this. I tried to add more melees for the weapons that would be used most by a class for example the duelist has more sword attacks than other classes and the witch has more wand animations. Maybe individualising the style of the characters more in the future is something we can look at.
animator
Yeah its funny how duelist has a diff animation for leap slam than shadow.....would be nice to see some of the shadow animations improved.
"
Ari wrote:
"
2i0 wrote:

We didn't re-use the marauders animations if you notice that the templar uses a left handed stance while the marauder is right handed. We have made the animations more uniform over all to work better with our current game engine limitations and to make adding new skills easier, the attacks are also faster and shorter than they where in closed beta as an attempt to improve the pace of the game. We may have sacrificed some of the individual style of the characters in doing this. I tried to add more melees for the weapons that would be used most by a class for example the duelist has more sword attacks than other classes and the witch has more wand animations. Maybe individualising the style of the characters more in the future is something we can look at.

If you want to individualise the style (wich everyone wants tbh) why did you guys remove the individual staff and 2h sword styles of the shadow? Please, please, PLEASE return those stances, its what people made these distinct builds for in most cases...
newnewnew
"
Just going to keep this one brief: I find the Shadow's dual wield animation for wands a little less noticeable from hand to hand than with other calsses. The Marauder does this cool 'straight arm' alternate fire animation, and the Duelist looks like he's flinging spells from each wand, but the Shadow is just doing the same backhanded swipe. I *know* there are two animations, but the difference between them is far too subtle.

duely noted, i'll have a play with it. thanks for the feedback
animator
Woah, I just wanted to say I'm really impressed with GGG (as usual) you guys seem to really take the feedback, even when longwinded, to heart and I truly appreciate this.

As a wander I'd like to recommend a slight adjustment to the witches wand attacks when using power siphon. I got so sick of the animation that I actually went and looked in the game resource bin and swapped it out with some of the default witch wand attacks myself. However, in a subsequent patch the metadata file must've been overridden because my animations have returned to default.

Something about my witch just oscillating at such a rapid speed continuously (and flailing her shield all about as if it were not there at all) feels really wrong. To be honest it looks better when you replace the animations with the default attack animations excluding int_wand_shield_attack_3 or whatever the standard power siphon one is. The templar one is much better, however I'm not sure if the templar skeleton would work with the witch mesh and I'm too uneducated to figure it out myself.

In anycase, thanks for all the great art asset improvements you guys do, and if you can't get to my "complaint" it's no matter, I can always just mod the game files myself.

Cheers.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll-
@Faith_And_Steel
I haven't tested it out much but initial impressions of the new Cleave and Heavy Strike animations are favourable.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on May 13, 2013, 11:59:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info