Animation Feedback

"
Woah, I just wanted to say I'm really impressed with GGG (as usual) you guys seem to really take the feedback, even when longwinded, to heart and I truly appreciate this.

As a wander I'd like to recommend a slight adjustment to the witches wand attacks when using power siphon. I got so sick of the animation that I actually went and looked in the game resource bin and swapped it out with some of the default witch wand attacks myself. However, in a subsequent patch the metadata file must've been overridden because my animations have returned to default.

Something about my witch just oscillating at such a rapid speed continuously (and flailing her shield all about as if it were not there at all) feels really wrong. To be honest it looks better when you replace the animations with the default attack animations excluding int_wand_shield_attack_3 or whatever the standard power siphon one is. The templar one is much better, however I'm not sure if the templar skeleton would work with the witch mesh and I'm too uneducated to figure it out myself.

In anycase, thanks for all the great art asset improvements you guys do, and if you can't get to my "complaint" it's no matter, I can always just mod the game files myself.

Cheers.

Hi Double_Dare. I'll mention your suggestion to the relevant person but it sounds like you've got the situation under control all the same. Thanks for the feedback
animator
Thank you very much GGG! The animations you have all worked to improve are excellent. I especially like how the Ethereal Knives animation. My Mara looks like he is chucking ninja stars at Piety's pussy.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
"
MasterCard wrote:
My Mara looks like he is chucking ninja stars at Piety's pussy.

Was that really a necessary comment to make?
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll-
@Faith_And_Steel
"
milkbane wrote:
I just didnt like the character using one attack animation over and over again. Shouldnt there be weapon swings from different sides or angles, just to make it a bit realistic. It get's a bit repetitive hitting one same spot after some time. :)

I'm agreeing with this guy. That's not a big deal when you don't have fast attacks but hitting in different angles would surely enrich this game. It's not top priority btw... This game have other preoccupations.
hi

dunno if this is the right place...

i have issues with the animations of especially ice shot, followed by poison arrow and lightning arrow.

these arrows explosions or the fired out animation make my fps go down to 2 for a short while ranging from 0.x sec to 3 sec. the most "lag" i experience with ice shots. the change of the ground ice made this a bit better, but still i cant do anything for a while when these are fired. it happens in various areas like docs, catas and ofc in parties everywhere.

psn arrow and la also "lags" a bit, but not that much. i would greatly apreciate if this can be fixed.
maybe make the art and animation a bit more simple or provide a toggle option for complex animations in the options menue.

ps: a mate of mine died several times on docs due to the ice shot fps struggle. i were lucky so far as i play ranged only...

ign: Invasion_Boss
Last edited by MrMassaker on May 29, 2013, 6:48:41 AM
"
MrMassaker wrote:
hi

dunno if this is the right place...

i have issues with the animations of especially ice shot, followed by poison arrow and lightning arrow.

these arrows explosions or the fired out animation make my fps go down to 2 for a short while ranging from 0.x sec to 3 sec. the most "lag" i experience with ice shots. the change of the ground ice made this a bit better, but still i cant do anything for a while when these are fired. it happens in various areas like docs, catas and ofc in parties everywhere.

psn arrow and la also "lags" a bit, but not that much. i would greatly apreciate if this can be fixed.
maybe make the art and animation a bit more simple or provide a toggle option for complex animations in the options menue.

ps: a mate of mine died several times on docs due to the ice shot fps struggle. i were lucky so far as i play ranged only...

You should post in tech support and give your computer specs and operating system. Path of Exile does have some issues with loading particles on some rigs but in general is should work fine.

Obviously making sure you are running minimal programs in the background and have the most recent drivers are the first and most important things to check.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll-
@Faith_And_Steel
Last edited by DodgySmalls on May 30, 2013, 6:28:25 PM
The Heavy Strike skill animation is broken for dual wielders (duelist). The description lists stats for weapons for both off and main hand if you are dual wielding but the animation only attacks with the main hand.

I don't know if the enemies are still getting damaged from the offhand stats but there it seems there is no offhand alternating animation.
"How would you like it if I snuck into your country and did this job over there... and not cash in any of your friggin checks?!! You WONT!! Because you will be right here!!" - Master Shake.
"
Fartfinder wrote:
The Heavy Strike skill animation is broken for dual wielders (duelist). The description lists stats for weapons for both off and main hand if you are dual wielding but the animation only attacks with the main hand.

I don't know if the enemies are still getting damaged from the offhand stats but there it seems there is no offhand alternating animation.

Yeah that animation is missing, have put it on the to do list.

thanks for the heads up
animator
Awesome!!! I had made this suggestion several times 3 months back. Even had several posts for this issue but there was no response. I guess things have been really busy than usual since the switch to open beta mode. But seriously thank you for quick response this time.
"How would you like it if I snuck into your country and did this job over there... and not cash in any of your friggin checks?!! You WONT!! Because you will be right here!!" - Master Shake.
Heavy Strike & Cleave: While these new animations are more impactful, the old ones were more fluid. I'm kinda both liking and disliking the new animations as they sort of, but not really, feel a bit too wooden/static/repetitive.

It's more boring to look at for an extended period of time then the older animations is what I'm getting at.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jun 9, 2013, 5:39:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info