Animation Feedback

Tbh just slap the old one in the shop it will be an instant buy for me. :P
while wearing a halo getting burned or frozen creates a square of the respective effect that looks just odd. Don't know where else to post that.
I want to preface my critique with the statement that I have only spent a brief amount of time on this game compared to others and playing mainly the marauder. That being said I feel like their animations do not reflect their nature.

When using two handed weapons I approach the enemy with the swing and stop upon impact as if bunting them away, a soft tap of my claymore, and nothing more. I see no inate brute force with them, even when using heavy strike. Sure he pulls back as if to deliver a terrifying blow, but right when it hits the enemy it stops. The lack of a follow through makes it seem, for me anyway, that the blade simply hits a brick wall and is parried off. The lack of movement from the back, shoulders, arms, or hip, makes it seem like a mad dash for 1st off a bunt, not the home run swing I would expect.

For someone who has "Death as his brother" the marauder also seems overly tame in his running holding his weapon close to his body. I can understand the idea of being out on his own, exiled in a strangle land, and keeping guarded, but he seems almost child like. A character that is supposed to be savage, with reckless abandon seems to lack even the most basic savagery beyond having A) a big frame B) tattooed and C) an ugly mug that shows he hit himself too much in the face on character select.

Also point of curiosity. Why the skrilix haircut.. doesn't seem savage or untamed at all, just douchey.
"
_RavenGod wrote:
Not sure if this is the place but i am very disappointed with the new "in town" Witch pose. I know it sounds non important but i loved the old one and miss it greatly. Witch is my favorite class atm just becouse of the mood and feel she has but i really need the old pose back. :(

I agree that the older idle stances added more to the character. The new animations make her look more confident but personally I find it more 'generic' (but better animated!).
Last edited by RedMau on Jan 26, 2013, 3:48:54 PM
Last edited by kh3naz on Oct 24, 2021, 8:27:50 PM
this issue might have been raised in the past.

Been playing Poe since june last year and i absolutely love it, make no mistake.
But when it comes to attacking/casting animations i do have a feeling that the character Casting/attacking is disconnected with the spell/attack cast time.

In other words it doesnt feel smooth.

For example a Spell takes 0.82 sec to cast. Yet the animation is still happening when the Spell hits the target Meanwhile you cant move your character. I do feel this is Feeling sluggish and disresponsive.

This might have been answered in previous posts or possibly a issue your working on OR willing to work on, but for what its worth i would love to see this happening.

Ie make animation sync up with the cast speed. Making it so that the character is moveable after casting its spell.

If you wish for a key? pray to the allmighty Keysus. If you want a speedy Blessing? Donate to the church of Keysus and ye shall receive a Blessing.

*Disclaimer- This is now a vintage saying*
Last edited by xreasonz on Jan 27, 2013, 11:04:06 AM
It seems to me that during the rain of arrows cast animation arrows get fired from my bow. This sounds fine, but in practice I have found that the arrows will be visibly fired just as I get stunned; this results in arrows coming up and not down.

tl;dr cast rain of arrows, get stunned partway, saw arrows fire, no arrows come down
Last edited by bumbaloe on Feb 1, 2013, 1:13:00 AM
I haven't paid really close attention to it, but it looks like you're using a single animation for every normal attack with each weapon. I would suggest giving each weapon attack 3-4 different animations that all take the same amount of time. I play Dota 2 and one of the things I really notice is that every hero has multiple auto attack animations which I actually appreciate. Otherwise I find your animations to be just fine.

I don't know if it's an animation glitch or whatnot, but I notice (and think it's hilarious) that I can freeze leaping enemies in mid-air and they stay there in mid air.
I was abit suprised and disappointed that you guys had changed the templar stance and put same one the marauder uses. I hope this is just a filler and not the new stance you talked about. I imagine the templar as a more dignified sort and having such a wide stance like a barbarian doesnt suit him too much.
All stance are really broken, thay all look like girl characters from any anime. I wonder when this will be fixed.

Also witch still in the air on characters' screen.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info