[3.10] Poet's Pen + Volatile Dead, Uber Elder deathless.

"
CoolDepot wrote:
Hello im completly newbie at this build but i found a poets pen and randomly vaal it and got damage penetrates 10% res so i decided to spend my 50ex i had no idea what to use them for.
Im loving the build i feel like im a harry potter wizard killing stuff.
Mapping is a lot slower than my orb of storms assasin buts thats ok because i mainly want the poets pen to do bosses like uber elder, aul or cortex.
And its super fun theres a lot more going on that it seems from outside.
So i have a question, does %CDR have any affect at all whatsoever if my ApS is lower than 13.3 or does %CDR only ever takes effect after my ApS is over 13.3?
Math!
Ive invested a decent amount on attack speed but im currently only at 7-11 ApS from my hideout to full buffs on.
Maybe im doing something wrong or is this normal?

CDR has affect only after you hit 13 aps. With your current gem setup you are basically pushing it to the limit. If you want more aps, check page 8 of this thread about desecrate.
Hello thank you for responding so fast xD.
Ive checked pages 7 8 9.

Does this mean Desecrate is strictly better than unearth if i use combustion on my frenzy?
Maybe the damge of unearth itself comes to play?
Why would i use unearth instead of desecrate then?

With all due respet i think this is a crucial and important aspect of the build and should be explained in the main build page if possible, not as a detail in a thread page comment. Or at least mentioned.

If getting beyond 13 ApS with unearth is such a hard task then explaining how the ApS CDR calcualtion itself works becomes irrelevant without presenting the alternatives. This is a bit misleading, by reading the guide i think its fair to assume that unearth is capable of using the CDR at its full potential with full investment.

Maybe this happens because of the 3.8 changes.
Maybe im just a noob missunderstanding everything xD. (most likely)

To be honest im completly lost about how does even using spell cascade makes me attack faster i dont even understand how that works sorry for my ignorance xD.

What would you do in my position, just get a nice regular belt and forget about CDR or change all needed to fit desecrate spell cascade?

Im loving this build i dont mean to be too rough thank you so much ! xD
Last edited by CoolDepot on Oct 9, 2019, 2:45:48 PM
"
CoolDepot wrote:
Hello thank you for responding so fast xD.
Ive checked pages 7 8 9.

Does this mean Desecrate is strictly better than unearth if i use combustion on my frenzy?
Maybe the damge of unearth itself comes to play?
Why would i use unearth instead of desecrate then?

With all due respet i think this is a crucial and important aspect of the build and should be explained in the main build page if possible, not as a detail in a thread page comment. Or at least mentioned.

If getting beyond 13 ApS with unearth is such a hard task then explaining how the ApS CDR calcualtion itself works becomes irrelevant without presenting the alternatives. This is a bit misleading, by reading the guide i think its fair to assume that unearth is capable of using the CDR at its full potential with full investment.

Maybe this happens because of the 3.8 changes.
Maybe im just a noob missunderstanding everything xD. (most likely)

To be honest im completly lost about how does even using spell cascade makes me attack faster i dont even understand how that works sorry for my ignorance xD.

What would you do in my position, just get a nice regular belt and forget about CDR or change all needed to fit desecrate spell cascade?

Im loving this build i dont mean to be too rough thank you so much ! xD

Because the APS cap without CDR was 8 in 3.7. I also updated the guide with all the new info. Read it that and if you have more questions, you know what to do.
Last edited by 1337fun on Oct 10, 2019, 5:24:26 AM
Ok thank you again for responding fast xD
Still i think it should be clarified that its not just a numbers change anymore theres also SKILL changing involved now.
Ive being playing around with desecrate spell cascade set up all day to test and:

Pros imo:
1) Much better for clear since the balls swarm reach everywhere much faster
2) It seems like you can pre-stack up more damage for example before a boss becomes active at the beggining. Once combat started the dps looks fairly similar maybe a bit with for desecreate. **Correction dps should be much higher after i found the explanation of how this set up works.
3) You create balls more quickly shortening the mimimum time you need to stand still wich is better for both map clear and bossing
4) You dont need to aim because desecrate damage itself is irrelevant. Although you still need to aim the frenzy if you want its effects but this is not necesary to do constantly.
5) Much better for on hit effects like life gain on spell hits.
6) It looks like you have a bigger pp oh so big.

Cons imo:
1) Much more pc intensive (your non pp friendly friends will hate you)
2) Cant see anything that happens. Where did the minotaur went did he burrows? Who the hell knows i see an orange screen he will die inmediatly anyway maybe, oh crap he unburrowed on my face shit game.
3) Casting Offering when no mobs corpses are around becomes and absolute pain in the ass because the Volatile Dead consumes most if not all the corpses you make most of the time. (honestly this was a deal breaker for me, even more than not being able to see what happens surprinsingly enough omegalul) ** correction since theres actually so much dps difference i guess ill have to deal with it
4) Now you need combustion on your frenzy wich means you cant curse on hit with only 4 sockets, maybe use a curse ring or self cast. Although you probably dont need to anyway because the damage looks similar if not higher even without actually inflicting the combustion debuff.
5) You need to invest in some CDR for full potential
6) Mana sustain is harder to achieve

Once thing that still keeps me clueless is why the spell cascade set up makes me attack faster in the first place.
Do you think this a bug?
This is obviously not on the guide page, if you happen to know how this works or where to find an explanation i would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you sorry for the wall of text !

Last edited by CoolDepot on Oct 10, 2019, 10:03:45 AM
"
CoolDepot wrote:

Once thing that still keeps me clueless is why the spell cascade set up makes me attack faster in the first place.
Do you think this a bug?
This is obviously not on the guide page, if you happen to know how this works or where to find an explanation i would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you sorry for the wall of text !

It is explained in the guide.
Ok sorry it confused me that first you say ''Gear and gems'' and show 2 poets pen with unearth on them but then the actualy gems changes are hidden inside the ''necromancer'' spoiler. Crazy me trying to find the gem changes on the gem section.

So the extra attack speed comes from consuming more corpses !
Easiest Uber Elder kill of my life btw even with the unerath set up wich i like more even if it has far less dps this build is amazing !!

A nice unexpected bonus if you use glancing blows with bone offering is that the Mystic Bulwark notable gives you 68% (my spell block) mana regen and 15% mana solving the high mana demand for Desecrate spell cascade set up.
Update: I decided to use Inspiration support on frenzy and now i ahve infinite mana omegalul.
Last edited by CoolDepot on Oct 10, 2019, 12:38:13 PM
deleted
Last edited by trizorek on Oct 14, 2019, 4:13:55 AM
Heya im interested in your build just bit confused which way to go,are you saying i need choose witch then necro class for best dps and overall better game play? Or for general game play is scuon fine? im not bothered about billions of dps i just want to be able to do all content as never played poets pen or vd but looks really fun
Last edited by Bezmageddon on Oct 16, 2019, 10:47:41 PM
"
Bezmageddon wrote:
Heya im interested in your build just bit confused which way to go,are you saying i need choose witch then necro class for best dps and overall better game play? Or for general game play is scuon fine? im not bothered about billions of dps i just want to be able to do all content as never played poets pen or vd but looks really fun

Yes, that is what i say. Scion is fine, can do every thing with ease.
Ok cheers for the responce i decided to go witch/necro and your dps pob not much difference but less life but i like dps more also i check poe ninja and most builds dont use acro so made my decision bit easier fingers crossed :)Btw you dont have a levelling tree for necro do you not sure if i missed it i saw one for scion not witch
Last edited by Bezmageddon on Oct 17, 2019, 7:00:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info