[3.10] Poet's Pen + Volatile Dead, Uber Elder deathless.

I'm looking at your updated 3.8 necro damage build. I noticed you use Mistress of Sacrifice but don't use any offerings. Is that wrong or am I just not understanding the use for it?
Curious what the mitigation is on this build. I have 4.8k life and just hit maps so my gear is garbage, but I'm res capped. I seem to be getting 1 shot a lot. Survivability seems to be a problem, what am i missing? I'm only lv 74 but I don't see anything on the tree that would solve this problem
"
pkerjock wrote:
I'm looking at your updated 3.8 necro damage build. I noticed you use Mistress of Sacrifice but don't use any offerings. Is that wrong or am I just not understanding the use for it?

The gear is from the build i did in legion. You would need to replace something with offering.
"
yzzit wrote:
Curious what the mitigation is on this build. I have 4.8k life and just hit maps so my gear is garbage, but I'm res capped. I seem to be getting 1 shot a lot. Survivability seems to be a problem, what am i missing? I'm only lv 74 but I don't see anything on the tree that would solve this problem

Leech is very important, it will make everything much much easier. Also you could utilize bone offering.
"
yzzit wrote:

I glanced at your gear.

One thing that would help is just making normal gear upgrades. I know you're poor and just starting, but you could spend just a couple chaos and be better off. That karui ward is doing next to nothing for you.

That praxis is also probably something that should be replaced - if you really need mana cost reduction, get it on a crafted ring.

Replace that amulet with one that has the incursion "fire damage leeched as life" mod, and the ring with one that has good defensive stats. Swap the amulet out once you can afford both a Xoph's and a leech watcher's eye - that's what I did and it was very smooth gear progression.

That will also let you ditch the wanderlust that you're probably just wearing for the leech enchant for a pair of boots with actual stats.

Strongly consider aiming for a pair of insanity crafted gloves. They will feel like a survivability upgrade because they speed up your ramp time and keep you from being locked in place for as long. That lets you dodge better and makes the build feel much less sluggish in general, which helps you stay alive.
I'm considering wearing a different body armor than a Loreweave. Inpulsa is probably overkill on clear, so maybe some rare armor? Not sure what mods to look for other than a lot of life/resists/etc.

I'm not going to wear a Kaom's since I want the 6 extra sockets.

I might also drop one Circle of Anguish and get a rare Elder ring with Warlord's Mark for the mana leech so I can sustain some mana during boss fights and also get some more life/resists.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I realize Inpulsa would be terrible choice since exploded mobs don't leave corpses lol. Trying out these for now (I didn't even care about 6L, but it was already linked lol).

Last edited by hobbes3k on Sep 30, 2019, 10:28:42 PM
"
masonjeans wrote:
"
yzzit wrote:

I glanced at your gear.

One thing that would help is just making normal gear upgrades. I know you're poor and just starting, but you could spend just a couple chaos and be better off. That karui ward is doing next to nothing for you.

That praxis is also probably something that should be replaced - if you really need mana cost reduction, get it on a crafted ring.

Replace that amulet with one that has the incursion "fire damage leeched as life" mod, and the ring with one that has good defensive stats. Swap the amulet out once you can afford both a Xoph's and a leech watcher's eye - that's what I did and it was very smooth gear progression.

That will also let you ditch the wanderlust that you're probably just wearing for the leech enchant for a pair of boots with actual stats.

Strongly consider aiming for a pair of insanity crafted gloves. They will feel like a survivability upgrade because they speed up your ramp time and keep you from being locked in place for as long. That lets you dodge better and makes the build feel much less sluggish in general, which helps you stay alive.

To be honest i forgot i was still wearing leveling gear.. I got a leech watchers eye and it's easy. Gonna grab a xophs blood and have to find a way to get more dex and strength. Ill replace the ring with one with dex/strength, and i'll need more on my boots. I have dex on gloves but not enough. My belt and amulet give me all my dex and strength so that's kinda why they are still there. Haven't had time to sit down and fix it. I'll figure it out, the leech was the main issue just to get some moneyz to buy shit. Thanks for the response.
Last edited by yzzit on Oct 1, 2019, 11:53:43 PM
Since the changes to the necro corpse ascendancies I've really wanted to try some low life version with spirit offering in a pen. It's kind of gone off the rails as I clearly have no idea what I'm doing. I get 6k ES when spirit offering is up, have a watcher's eyes for anger leech and took ghost reaver. Not sure how viable this is, but I wouldn't mind hearing if anyone else has tried this rendition.
Hey guys,

so iam level 95 right now and my gear is close to be perfect in my eyes.
Could have get an +1 Xophs and things but in the end it doesnt make any big difference anymore.

I skip all phases in Shaper Fight & Chimera (btw: never knew that you can skip Cloud Phase from Chimera neither that you can kill shaper without him doing any skills) and can Oneshot the rest of the guardians.

Did 5 Uberelder this league which 1 was deathless and the others not, due to me doing it the first time ever.

It makes hell of fun to cruise through the Maps & Endgame Encounters.

Right now iam close to buying a HH (3ex left) and then ill think i go to 100 with this build.

Thanks for all the Infos here!

Btw: I did some Changes to the Build because the Necro Version was not completly written down, so feel free to look up my profile or just ask me if you need any assistance!

Regards,
Chris
Last edited by chixor on Oct 4, 2019, 8:11:41 AM
Hello there,

I have enjoyed playing this build, but want to try something else too.

I can sell the whole stuff at a time, so it would be easier to build a new character.
POB: pastebin.com/tCcYfh1U if someone interested PM me.
Hello im completly newbie at this build but i found a poets pen and randomly vaal it and got damage penetrates 10% res so i decided to spend my 50ex i had no idea what to use them for.
Im loving the build i feel like im a harry potter wizard killing stuff.
Mapping is a lot slower than my orb of storms assasin buts thats ok because i mainly want the poets pen to do bosses like uber elder, aul or cortex.
And its super fun theres a lot more going on that it seems from outside.
So i have a question, does %CDR have any affect at all whatsoever if my ApS is lower than 13.3 or does %CDR only ever takes effect after my ApS is over 13.3?
Math!
Ive invested a decent amount on attack speed but im currently only at 7-11 ApS from my hideout to full buffs on.
Maybe im doing something wrong or is this normal?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info