[3.11] Bowcaster Fireball Deadeye - Now for staves!

"
hsiegfried44 wrote:
So I decided to try this build SSF and yup as you have guessed its quite difficult but im having fun with it haha.

I just wanted to know if you had any hints on what I should focus with first for SSF while I work on gear and such. For now i'm using Doryani's Catalyst Vaal Sceptre and an ES shield and some random 6link armor.

My clear speed is amazing but im having a very very hard time with single target.

For single target use Knockback totem and if you happen to come arcoss there gloves then use them too:

At first glance your ES is insufficent for MoM, so I'd work on that ;) Also Ele Focus kills ignite, that's 6L reduced to 5L... try ES Leech support and Blood Rage instead unless you have something else in mind.
[Delve] Depth 1997 Solo/Volatile Dead
[Betrayal] Depth 1353 Solo/Dark Pact
[Legion] Depth 1003 Solo/Ice Spear
[Blight] Depth 1137 Solo/Dark Pact
[Metamorph] Depth 1005 Solo/Vortex
"
zoNiklv wrote:
"
hsiegfried44 wrote:
So I decided to try this build SSF and yup as you have guessed its quite difficult but im having fun with it haha.

I just wanted to know if you had any hints on what I should focus with first for SSF while I work on gear and such. For now i'm using Doryani's Catalyst Vaal Sceptre and an ES shield and some random 6link armor.

My clear speed is amazing but im having a very very hard time with single target.

For single target use Knockback totem and if you happen to come arcoss there gloves then use them too:

At first glance your ES is insufficent for MoM, so I'd work on that ;) Also Ele Focus kills ignite, that's 6L reduced to 5L... try ES Leech support and Blood Rage instead unless you have something else in mind.

This is perfect, thank you. I honestly didn't even think about the ignite so this helps. What would be the best skill to utilize a knock back totem with? Ill definitely see if I can find Winds somewhere.
Can't remember if I read it or not in the post, but in order to get all of the auras, you can also do Herald of Ash has 30% reduced reservation.

I took a gamble because #math, but it was only 1 ex. Versus the purchasing of the only online (at this time) devouring with zealotry enchant at 10 ex.

Also,

we aren't exactly socket starved at all...What's your opinion of cwdt + desecrate/unearth + spell cascade/gmp in order to help sustain a little when you're getting smacked?
What's the best way to colour the bow correctly? I have spent 1.5ex already trying to colour this damn thing and have never once got less than 2 green sockets.

"
brunowa wrote:
What's the best way to colour the bow correctly? I have spent 1.5ex already trying to colour this damn thing and have never once got less than 2 green sockets.

Always consult with https://siveran.github.io/calc.html for your coloring.
[Delve] Depth 1997 Solo/Volatile Dead
[Betrayal] Depth 1353 Solo/Dark Pact
[Legion] Depth 1003 Solo/Ice Spear
[Blight] Depth 1137 Solo/Dark Pact
[Metamorph] Depth 1005 Solo/Vortex
Any tips what I need to upgrade for my DPS and survivability?

https://pastebin.com/FV9q63bQ
Last edited by D3c4y on Aug 14, 2019, 8:21:35 PM
"
D3c4y wrote:
Any tips what I need to upgrade for my DPS and survivability?

https://pastebin.com/FV9q63bQ

You should change out your belt. The elemental damage with attack skills craft does nothing since fireball is a spell. Ideally, try to get a belt with increased elemental and increased fire damage and an open prefix slot to craft increased damage.

Your crit chance is a bit low, so try to get that a little bit higher. You could replace your silver flask with a cinderswallow urn with crit chance mod to help with that.

You could improve on your shaper ring. If I swap the ring I am using into your build it gives a 6% boost to your dps. It's not a difficult ring to make.

Similarly, your amulet could be improved. If I swap my amulet in the place of the one you have it is an 8% boost. You can search for amulets with non-chaos as extra chaos damage mod and probably find one that you can swap in.

On your tree you haven't pathed to heart of flame yet. You should really pick that up as soon as you can not just because of damage but because it gives you ES leech.

Also, there is a jewel socket right above ranger you haven't taken. I would go for that before picking up sanctity on the tree. Either put a 4 mod rare jewel in there, or if you can afford it look for a watcher's eye with zealotry/precision mods.
Last edited by MagnusParvus on Aug 16, 2019, 12:23:43 AM
How good this build in 3.8 whihtout timeless jewel?
Enought dps and survivability?
"
Gorjkee wrote:
How good this build in 3.8 whihtout timeless jewel?
Enought dps and survivability?

The timeless jewel was never mandatory for this build, it was just an extra cherry on top if you found a good one.

So far based on what has been announced I do not see any nerfs that will hurt this build in 3.8. We still need to wait and see the final skill tree to determine if pathing requires any adjustment. I think it will remain a strong build for the Blight league mechanic since it can clear off screen and the enemies are not supposed to attack you if you are not in their way. The Devouring Diadem may be more expensive in 3.8 due to changes in mana leech pushing people toward using Eldritch Battery. With the changes to caster weapons there may be some other crafting options to consider besides the metacrafted bow that was the basis of this build guide.
I´m wondering about the new modfier + 1 to all skill gems. Maybe we can craft other weapons or with another method.

Whats your opinion to change the build to interact with ignite mechanic. New stuff like the tree notable Searing Heat could be interesting.

Reduced Mana Support reads interesting but if i understand correctly we get 1 charge per cast. With 5 cast we would spend around 750 mana and we have the maximum bonus for the 6 cast. We loose the charges after the sixth cast. so not sure about that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info