[3.11] Bowcaster Fireball Deadeye - Now for staves!

"
xSiniister wrote:
My current hideout tooltip is around 256k and I'm wondering what I need to upgrade in order to achieve better dps.

https://pastebin.com/LzG2UNki

Any help would be appreciated.

Gems are in a dire need of leveling/quality, big dps loss there.

Your missing Crit chance on your chestpiece, it can go up to 1.5% of the base. I suggest you go with Vaal Regalia as your ES is not enough to sustain MoM. ES equal to 50% of life is a sweet spot so that you can spam alot and still get protection whenever you get hit.

Amulet brings no damage to the table, extra chaos is a must if you don't plan to use specific amulets like Yoke/Aul/Solstice. Same goes for the boots, no enchant = no damage.

Abyssal jewel also does nothing, fireballs base of average 3000 fire damage is almost impossible to boost by flat damage.
[Delve] Depth 1997 Solo/Volatile Dead
[Betrayal] Depth 1353 Solo/Dark Pact
[Legion] Depth 1003 Solo/Ice Spear
[Blight] Depth 1137 Solo/Dark Pact
[Metamorph] Depth 1005 Solo/Vortex
Want to say thank you for the great build....

Started with 2 beltimbers and swapped to bow since i´ve had enough currency.

Now i am sitting on some Ex´s and looking for an upgrade.... (i dont want to use a +1 Chain quiver).

I am looking for some multicrafted gloves but i dont know if the upgrade is it worth to spend 5-15 ex....
maybe any tips what i should upgrade first before the gloves ??

atm i am at 650k hideout-tooltip damage.

"
wundlord wrote:

Now i am sitting on some Ex´s and looking for an upgrade.... (i dont want to use a +1 Chain quiver).

I am looking for some multicrafted gloves but i dont know if the upgrade is it worth to spend 5-15 ex....

Well, you are very close to min max territory, so upgrades can be expensive.

Agree on the Quiver, there is little chance you grab one that can beat your current one unless you invest heavily or get lucky. For one, one more chain helps immensely on map/delve/legion clear. Just something to consider.

You should definetly quality/Hillock your flasks also might wanna use Wise Oak. Work a little on your gem levels.

Also I highly recommend you replace your Ele Weakness with Projectile Weakness and, since you don't want multicrafted gloves, use Vixen's with corruption:

Then slowly upgrade your other slots, starting from the Chest - get more ES and Max Life. Other parts are expensive to upgrade.
[Delve] Depth 1997 Solo/Volatile Dead
[Betrayal] Depth 1353 Solo/Dark Pact
[Legion] Depth 1003 Solo/Ice Spear
[Blight] Depth 1137 Solo/Dark Pact
[Metamorph] Depth 1005 Solo/Vortex
Last edited by zoNiklv on Aug 1, 2019, 3:41:30 AM

Probably my last upgrade for this build. Switched from a metacrafted bow with double damage suffix to one with +1 int gems delve suffix. It gives about a 3% increase in effective damage over the basic metacrafted bow, +1 to fireball radius, and smooths out the damage delivery since we don't use double damage. My hideout dps also is over 1 million now, which just looks cool.

I also tried corrupting my old bow for a very slim chance at a 7-link, but unfortunately it ripped. :(
Last edited by MagnusParvus on Aug 2, 2019, 4:29:39 AM
"
wundlord wrote:
Want to say thank you for the great build....

Started with 2 beltimbers and swapped to bow since i´ve had enough currency.

650k is quite good. I think you can definitely improve on your ruby ring. Try to make (or buy) one with crit multiplier from essence of scorn and craft +1 minimum frenzy charge on it if you do not have another way to generate frenzy charges. It might be tricky to swap it out if you need the +dex from the ring to equip your bow.
Why not trying to craft the bow with Shrieking Essence of Rage ???
Faceted Fossil is around 3ex, not good for early craft.
"
heromas wrote:
Why not trying to craft the bow with Shrieking Essence of Rage ???
Faceted Fossil is around 3ex, not good for early craft.

Read the crafting directions again. We don't use faceted fossil to craft the bow. Essence crafting is no good since since we really want the 20% more spell damage delve prefix.
"
Read the crafting directions again. We don't use faceted fossil to craft the bow. Essence crafting is no good since since we really want the 20% more spell damage delve prefix.

I talking about your new bow, not the old one.
Also +2 level to Fire gems give more damage than 20% more spell damage, basic from what I saw in poB
The new one actually the best. But it require Faceted Fossil + Aetheric Fossil to craft with 33% chance to roll into +1 dex gem which result is a fail craft.
"
heromas wrote:
"

I talking about your new bow, not the old one.
Also +2 level to Fire gems give more damage than 20% more spell damage, basic from what I saw in poB
The new one actually the best. But it require Faceted Fossil + Aetheric Fossil to craft with 33% chance to roll into +1 dex gem which result is a fail craft.

Well, yes, obviously the new bow is not one you would try to craft early on.

As for +2 level to fire gems, if I swap that with 20% more spell damage in my pob it works out to almost the exact same dps. But that is on a theoretical bow. In practice I don't think such a bow is even possible to make because +2 level to fire gems blocks the crafting of +2 level to support gems.
Last edited by MagnusParvus on Aug 4, 2019, 6:26:09 PM
So I decided to try this build SSF and yup as you have guessed its quite difficult but im having fun with it haha.

I just wanted to know if you had any hints on what I should focus with first for SSF while I work on gear and such. For now i'm using Doryani's Catalyst Vaal Sceptre and an ES shield and some random 6link armor.

My clear speed is amazing but im having a very very hard time with single target.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info