[3.11] Bowcaster Fireball Deadeye - Now for staves!

I have limited time and won't be playing the build this league so I'll leave it in the hands of the community to experiment with changes for 3.8.

As you mentioned, the Searing Heat notable looks interesting. It is right next to Eldritch Battery, so it may be worth picking up if you path to EB on the tree instead of using Devouring Diadem. Since we use elemental focus to support fireball, our main skill cannot ignite. However, if you have added fire damage anywhere on your gear or an abyss jewel you can still ignite with orb of storms to enable the critical strike multiplier. If you want to go full ignite then you'll need to drop elemental focus and probably make other changes on your gear to see more of a benefit from burning damage.

"
History35453 wrote:
I´m wondering about the new modfier + 1 to all skill gems. Maybe we can craft other weapons or with another method.

Whats your opinion to change the build to interact with ignite mechanic. New stuff like the tree notable Searing Heat could be interesting.

Reduced Mana Support reads interesting but if i understand correctly we get 1 charge per cast. With 5 cast we would spend around 750 mana and we have the maximum bonus for the 6 cast. We loose the charges after the sixth cast. so not sure about that.
What can I upgrade next?

Build is ok for clearing mid-tier maps... but it's a slow boss killer and I feel squishy as hell.

Hideout tooltip damage is 330k. Suggestions?

"
brunowa wrote:
What can I upgrade next?

Build is ok for clearing mid-tier maps... but it's a slow boss killer and I feel squishy as hell.

Hideout tooltip damage is 330k. Suggestions?

First off, try to find a level 21 fireball. Fireball damage scales so well off gem level, you are throwing away a good chunk of damage by staying at level 20. Since you are running empower 4, I assume you have the means to buy a level 21 fireball.

You can replace emberwake with an essence crafted rare ring. You want crit multi from the essence, and a high life roll if possible. Annul off the other mods and multmod with increased damage, +1 minimum frenzy charge, and added fire/cold damage so you can proc combustion with orb of storms.

I don't see orb of storms in your links, but you want that to apply curse on hit and combustion debuff to bosses. Also for bosses that do not have any additional mobs to chain off, and no walls to overlap explosions, you should consider swapping from GMP to slower projectiles.

You haven't linked any jewels, but those can be a big damage boost with cast speed and crit multiplier, once you have enough crit chance. On that note, you should be using a Cindersallow Urn with critical chance affix.

If you can find a Watcher's Eye with precision crit mod, that is a good damage boost and only requires minimal mana reservation since you keep the precision gem at level 1. Other than that, a Watcher's eye with zealotry cast speed is good and even better if you also can get ES gain on hit discipline mod or a second zealotry mod like increased damage on consecrated ground.

Upgrade rearguard to a corrupted quiver with +1 chain, it will improve clear and also gives a more damage multiplier.

Your amulet is missing both the extra chaos damage and +1 minimum frenzy charge I had, so that is another place to improve. Also, I used an amulet with fire damage leeched as life. If you don't have another source of life leech (I think you can also get it with a Vaal timeless jewel) that may be part of why you feel squishy.

In general though, you need to constantly move and attack and do some manual dodging. This isn't a build for facetanking damage, but I think if you incorporate cwdt + steelskin that can help at least a little.
Last edited by MagnusParvus on Sep 7, 2019, 12:09:54 AM
Hello would like to thanks you for this nice and fun build.

Could tou tell me if this is high end game viable? (ubber elder & deep delving)
I'm really interested in this one, but it seems a HELLA LOT EXPENSIVE :P

Anyways, I'll give it a go and see how it performs with suboptimal gear.

What would you say are the priorities in terms of gear?

Thanks
zzz
I’m not the creator but I played this last league and it’s my starter this league with a bit of my own spin. With utter crap gear and Roth’s reach now and a random 6 link body piece you can clear t7 or so easily. Snake pit is fairly cheap right now as well. The bow is the most expensive but to me is what will make the difference in red maps, so after snake pit that should be priority. Devouring diadem is huge for qol and should be next priority. You can make do without by pathing to eldritch battery on the tree. One change I made that is a big boost to damage is taking fangs of the viper on the circle part of the tree by the top right jewel slot. Toss in the fireborn jewel and you get 40% fire damage and 5 move speed.
Someone on reddit post this

Its only 3 mods, and now answer can we craft +2 support or not
Last edited by Gorjkee on Sep 10, 2019, 11:30:18 PM
Is there any viable option to replace Elemental Focus, so we can benefit a little bit from Ignite and stuff like the new Searing Heat node?
zzz
"
lazycalm2 wrote:
Is there any viable option to replace Elemental Focus, so we can benefit a little bit from Ignite and stuff like the new Searing Heat node?

Once you are fully geared, you don't really need any more damage for maps since you pretty much one-shot anything that is not a boss. Ignites won't have time to do any damage. If you want the extra damage from Searing Heat crit mult on ignited enemies, keep in mind that the ignite can be applied by any skill. So you can proc ignite with Orb of Storms so long as you have a source of added fire damage (we already use it to apply Combustion), and still run Elemental Focus in your six-link, to boost your boss dps.

I think the best scenario for picking up the Searing Heat node is if you are not running a Devouring Diadem and have to travel on the tree anyway to pick up Eldritch Battery. Then the Searing Heat node is right next to it and easy to pick up. If you have Devouring Diadem equipped it's probably not worth the travel cost. So maybe it's worth speccing into early on, but spec out of it later. I feel like the Searing Heat node is primarily intended for builds that focus on ignite.
"
Gorjkee wrote:
Someone on reddit post this

Its only 3 mods, and now answer can we craft +2 support or not

I am not playing in league so I cannot check. I would suggest buying a staff with the +3 fire gems mod on trade with an open prefix (there are several listed for 1c) and throw it in a crafting bench to see if it allows +2 support to be crafted, or it is blocked. If you find out, please report back. I did not see any items listed on trade with both +spell gems and +support gems crafted, so I have a feeling it will be blocked.
Last edited by MagnusParvus on Sep 11, 2019, 7:51:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info