[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Scherwinski wrote:
"
I've been playing this build the last couple of days and it's great - I love it! Grats on a great outside the box build that is as strong as advertised!

However, I've got a question about the skill tree - why do we take MoM? There's so little mana free that it seems like it wouldn't make much of a difference, and there's got to be a node to take that will help more, no?

he is using an Lethal Pride timeless jewel (kiloava) close to it , so it transforms mind over matter into Glancing blows, PoB doesn't show these jewels working.

Exactly :) Thank you for answering!
Aha! Thanks for the explanation. I have everything for the build except that Jewel… And I read your explanation in the guide but I did not completely grok it.
How do u survive any dot damage ?? ignite cold chaos over time are just destroying me i have 6k es i dont know what i'm doing wrong
"
Aha! Thanks for the explanation. I have everything for the build except that Jewel… And I read your explanation in the guide but I did not completely grok it.

It's a timeless jewel, which means you socket it in your skill tree and it affects passives in the radius. It adds some stats to notables, and changes keystones into a new keystone that depends on the name on the jewel; in our case, we use a jewel with the name Kiloava, which changes MoM into Glancing Blows, doubling our chance to block attacks and spells. With over 38% attack and spell block, that brings us to the cap of 75% chance to block. The drawback is that we take 50% of damage from blocked hits, but this is completely negated by the Aegis Aurora ES regen on block. Is that any clearer? :)

"
Dahera wrote:
How do u survive any dot damage ?? ignite cold chaos over time are just destroying me i have 6k es i dont know what i'm doing wrong

On maps with the mod "monsters poison on hit", you can use Soul of Shakari upgraded, which makes you immune to poison. On maps with the mod "all monster damage from hits always ignite", you can use Soul of Abberath upgraded, which makes ignites on you 50% shorter. If you run a map with lots of chaos DoT, like Geode which had a chaos boss or desecrated ground, you can use Soul of Arakaali upgraded, which makes you take much less chaos DoT. Hope that helps :)
Nice build, especially like the trade links, a great QOL feature for the readers.

I've been going through 4 guardians variants over the last 5 days to test and unfortunately all require massive investments for good damage on t16 bosses/metas

I already have most gear for this build and need mostly to do some minor adjustment and point respecting

I remember thinking of doing a max block gladiator build some previous league but the Arakaali's Fang was very expensive so I went in some other direction. Now it's like 20c...
Looking forward to giving those lil' spiedies a test run.

Thinking also maybe skin of the loyal insteas shav and CI

Edit- after importing tree I see Chaos res is at -39%. Running like this in this league is asking to be one shotted.
I made some changes to the build, basicaly using presence of chayula and a chaos res ring. I use some other boots I had to replace the freeze and dex issues of going w/o astamentis and dream fragment. My ES is low at 9.2k and also I think damage might be an issue but still trying to put it together
Last edited by snowmittens on Feb 5, 2020, 11:49:32 AM
"
snowmittens wrote:
Nice build, especially like the trade links, a great QOL feature for the readers.

I've been going through 4 guardians variants over the last 5 days to test and unfortunately all require massive investments for good damage on t16 bosses/metas

I already have most gear for this build and need mostly to do some minor adjustment and point respecting

I remember thinking of doing a max block gladiator build some previous league but the Arakaali's Fang was very expensive so I went in some other direction. Now it's like 20c...
Looking forward to giving those lil' spiedies a test run.

Thinking also maybe skin of the loyal insteas shav and CI

Edit- after importing tree I see Chaos res is at -39%. Running like this in this league is asking to be one shotted.
I made some changes to the build, basicaly using presence of chayula and a chaos res ring. I use some other boots I had to replace the freeze and dex issues of going w/o astamentis and dream fragment. My ES is low at 9.2k and also I think damage might be an issue but still trying to put it together

I got chaos res on my belt and I'm at -4% chaos res I think, and I have 0 problems with chaos dmg, I use the poison immunity from Shakari for the poison issues. The only times I died with this build was from some metamorphs that had insane ignites but I'm to lazy to get a "cannot be ignited" ring and I also keep forgetting about the molten shell. I'm also not using the expansive watcher's eye and I have around 8.8k es at lvl 97. I have the basic gear from the guide, no insane corrupted gear and I can tank everything in this game, Sirus maze meteor = a joke, Shaper and Elder runs are a joke, Tanking t16 conquerors also a joke, farming t16 maps with all kind of ripy mods also pretty easy, the only mods I pass are the -block change and no mana regen. All this on a 10-12 ex budget, no other build that I played this league can do this with such a low budget. The dmg seems a little bit low for me but I'm not gonna even bother to upgrade anymore, just one more challenge and I'm done with the league.
Wow, color me impressed!

After spending several hours and around 3-4 ex re-specting took this for some tests runs

T15 map went smooth except the metamorph which took a long time
Did several delve nodes up to 400 depth with ease(legion @ 400 only cleared partially)

I've gone though 5 different guardian versions is by far my favorite!

Great job Vatinas!

(My version of the build uses presence of chayula and other rings/boots to deal with chaos damage)

Edit: using this build I also manage to do the conditional Baran achievement on first try, something I've given up on b4

Quite impressed with the tankiness of the build- My impressions are that's it might be tankier then even the Baron Zombies necro!

Any tips on boosting damage on bosses/metas- That's the main issue I have with my current setup. Last Drox fight took forever and had a major issue keeping spiders and maintaining damage.

Edit2- putting deathmark onto both minion gem setup helped alot on bosses

Edit3-manage to do a rippy 609 delve node with this build. Needed 2 takes, (first time I had a death with this build). If I used soul ripper(extra 25-30k perama life) I think this would go easier and be a great delver
Last edited by snowmittens on Feb 7, 2020, 4:25:36 AM
"
snowmittens wrote:

I went with a Broken Crown, mostly because memory vault is 28ex on hc, but I can also easily cap chaos resist with it while getting decent es/armor.
I have been wondering why shield charge over flame dash ?
Last edited by Dolmiir on Feb 7, 2020, 3:25:25 AM
May I ask a question?

If I play this at the start of a new league (no tabula or quill rain, etc) then should I start with agony at lv 16 or just keep lvling with other build (ex: ske or zombie) and should I run the same Skill Tree or should I refund point later on?

Thanks for the build, defly gonna try next league

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info