[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Thanks for the build. It ended up becoming my first level 100 char as well :)

Total spent is around 25ex and 1050c, plenty of stuff I can still upgrade but for T16 map farming, deathless Sirus 8 etc. never felt I needed it.

I actually went all the way to level 96 on a budget of 4ex (two rings) and 200c for the rest before getting the more expensive pieces.

Thanks to all who created different variations of the build. I ended up picking a few pieces from a few builds favoring survivability for that 100 map farming push and I find it's pretty hard to die.

Got 70ex laying around now so might try to push a bit on the dps side to get some challenges done since death no longer matters :)
I want to start this build into Zerber's version. But i can't find guide of the build. I just find pastebin code. So can't find Megalomaniac Jewels and these expensive corruptions. Is there any way to effort this version?
can I replace HoP for any other minion skill. for my last 5 boss fights my HoP does not up at all time I depend on spider damage the whole time. even I risk my life to spin in the boss. any recommend or suggestion on this guys?
"
kaorukensi wrote:
can I replace HoP for any other minion skill. for my last 5 boss fights my HoP does not up at all time I depend on spider damage the whole time. even I risk my life to spin in the boss. any recommend or suggestion on this guys?

Use 2 Writhing Jar Flask not 1. And Soul of Ryslatha pantheon is helping a lot.
for those utilizing CWS for the holy relic cast, why are we using CWS instead of CWDT? are we getting stunned that much that it procs (especially with brine king)
I was lucky enough to come across a Harvest with weapon enchant, if you can get the +2 range on your fang it makes spider summon feel better and it's easier to get bleed on enemies quicker.

I also got this jewel with additional chance to bleed on hit:

And now I'm wondering if between this and Divergent Main we really need the Vulnerability on Hit gloves - more chance of finding affordable rare gloves that are actually an upgrade if we're not limited to needing Vulnerability (or Despair), e.g. gloves that give more minion damage. Anyone played around with that?

"
kaorukensi wrote:

I generally try to spin on the boss a bit anyway, to keep Fortify up on me and Bleed up on the boss. I only back off for timed attacks/phases. This build *heals* from about 3 out of 4 hits, so unless you're running a map with decreased block chance it's fairly safe, particularly with Molten Shell up. I have Molten Shell linked with Increased Duration (as is Vaal Discipline as an emergency measure) which gives me about 6-7 seconds of extreme tankiness to go in and hit the boss to get Fortify + Bleed + Sentinels up, drop some consecrated ground, then back off and summon spiders if needed.

"
jjmccaw wrote:
for those utilizing CWS for the holy relic cast, why are we using CWS instead of CWDT? are we getting stunned that much that it procs (especially with brine king)

Per the Wiki, https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cast_when_Stunned_Support :

"
Cast when Stunned is a support gem that causes a linked spell to trigger when the player is stunned or blocks a stunning hit.
"
kaorukensi wrote:

With this build you should want to be on the boss spinning around to keep fortify and bleeds up but also to generate sentinels of purity as you have 20% chance to summon one on hit while hitting the boss. Perhaps you played a different summoner build where you had to keep away while the minions are doing the killing but with this build you want to be facetanking for many reasons.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
With this build you should want to be on the boss spinning around to keep fortify and bleeds up but also to generate sentinels of purity as you have 20% chance to summon one on hit while hitting the boss. Perhaps you played a different summoner build where you had to keep away while the minions are doing the killing but with this build you want to be facetanking for many reasons.

Yeah I love that about this build actually, so many builds I've played are about backing away from the action and cowering in a corner, kiting enemies... with this one you wade through the horde up to the big bad boss and slap them silly with your dagger, shield, heralds and 160 skittery spider legs. :D

And all of that with 1HP :P
How important is it to have Vulnerability on the gloves? I was able to get this ring, wondering if I can switch out Vulnerability on my gloves for something like Temporal Chains on hit instead, like these:

(gloves aren't ideal but I could use the resists to free up room for better Int/Mana/ES modifiers on my other items, or get a cyclopean coil, there are also gloves out there with "Minions deal 30% increased Damage" which could also be a good alternative to Shaper's).

EDIT: Just got quite lucky and picked up this for under an ex, I get about 200 more ES, 200 less armor and the +1 to my HoP. Going to anoint it with Charisma later and switch to a Dread Banner build.

If I can get 10 dex elsewhere I can also switch the craft to + minion movement speed, or + resistances which is really nice. :)

Really like the way that this build has a pretty clear core but allows for a lot of different optimizations for different styles of play.
Last edited by King_Haart on Mar 2, 2021, 5:18:14 PM
Thanks for the build! It allowed my first even Uber Atziri kill. It also helped with Aul, A8 Sirus, and t16 Kosis.

However, I am struggling to kill Maven with this. The thing that usually gets me is the degen ground. I am not able to stack all of it at one spot, which leads to me being too slow with the memory game and sometimes other unblockables, and doesn't allow an access to the brain very often. Sometimes I simply can't see the goo-balls on the arena. I also don't have enough damage to kill Maven fast enough to avoid more than one Memory Game per phase. I seem to be doing better after some tries, but I feel I am still lacking skill and/or damage. Does anyone have any hints? I am assuming swapping HoP for Spectres has no sense as there's no minion life allocated in the tree.

My gear:
Spoiler
"

I also have these unused:

I admit this characer is a bit of unloved stepchild, so not all gems have the recommended alt-quals, etc., but I don't think this matters much in the Maven fight. I often don't have all HoPs, if any. I also bought the RT chest early as it was cheaper than analogical Skin of the Loyal.

I tried respeccing to something closer to Zerber's tree, but I might have messed things up. Me being me, I am not familiar with PoB, so didn't even look into calculations after they seemed weird :P Might respec back. I removed, um, minion nodes (Redemption, Righteous Army, Gravepact) and put Call to the Slaughter/Raze and Pillage/Rotten Claws jewel; Energy from Naught and Disci+Determination reservation ones instaed of Herald passives. I use Elegant Hubris with 80% minion damage and 80% armour (4 nodes for both). I hate respeccing.

Thanks in advance!
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info