[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
veritas1957 wrote:
I want to change my Inquisitor to this build. I have about to 25-30 ex. If we are talking about min-maxing this build how much currency i need to do this.

Is it possible to clear whole content with 20-25 ex? I see in the guide item's search pages. Item doesn't cost that much but the problem is jewels and awakened/alternate gems and also maybe good worm flask. Do you describe a total cost for this build?

I would say that it will take most of your budget to set up the build nicely.
The problem I had was that even with 30-40ex investment, the dps was simply too low for end game content, in my eyes.
I have now respecced into BL hiero and everything is MUCH smoother, you lose a bit of survivability but you multiply your dps several times over. I'd give that a go if I were you, easy respec from Inquis and only costs about 10ex to setup.
"
piszczel wrote:
"
veritas1957 wrote:
I want to change my Inquisitor to this build. I have about to 25-30 ex. If we are talking about min-maxing this build how much currency i need to do this.

Is it possible to clear whole content with 20-25 ex? I see in the guide item's search pages. Item doesn't cost that much but the problem is jewels and awakened/alternate gems and also maybe good worm flask. Do you describe a total cost for this build?

I would say that it will take most of your budget to set up the build nicely.
The problem I had was that even with 30-40ex investment, the dps was simply too low for end game content, in my eyes.
I have now respecced into BL hiero and everything is MUCH smoother, you lose a bit of survivability but you multiply your dps several times over. I'd give that a go if I were you, easy respec from Inquis and only costs about 10ex to setup.

Thanks for the answer! I'm highly interseted in with this build. Normally i'm playing with blazing salvo + fireball build. And i invest it around 10 ex. I easily sustain t15 maps. Boss is the hard part for me actually. Got max block chance but i still get one shot sometimes. I achive to kill Sirius (5) first time with this character :)

So if i invest this much ex for this build and i still stay same as blazing salvo DPS that gonna make me crazy :)
"
veritas1957 wrote:

20ex as starter, casualy tanking sirus meteors and having 12 million dps or more is about 200 to 300 ex I guess.
Last edited by Zerber on Feb 26, 2021, 8:46:34 AM
"
King_Haart wrote:
Ah, I missed that you had Holy Dominion there. :(

I was able to make up the spell block with 5% on my shield, and 8% from Watchers eye. But since you have the Aura on your shield that might not be an option... or you could go back to Rainbowstride, it'd save you 2 extra points in addition to letting you move that cluster down.

Reason i ditch rainbowstride is because other boots give huge defensive option as long you can solve spell block and resist issue. Tbh my ver is really tight on skill point + gem setup, you can save 1 more gem/get 2 extra skill point and use aegis with spell block instead if i use +1 maximum sentinel helmet. Reason i choose HoP mana reserve helmet is because it give me an option to use another 35% mana reserve aura which you can choose between offensive/defensive aura.

"
veritas1957 wrote:

In addition to piszczel replies, just want to add depend on how you much you want for min-maxing, with ~20-30ex you can beat sirus A9/Maven A9 slowly but not so slow, my guess is 4-10 min, idk about the feared but should be doable(or not). The more you invest on min-max the more dps/tankiness you get so it depend on the willingness to invest this build. Pretty much i saw many guardian reaching lv100 (35+ challenge) with this build with same setup as original (cost less than 30ex). Just gonna mention beforehand this build is more on survivability and not DPS, if you're looking for more DPS with less investment i don't really recommend this build.
First off let me say awesome build! I am the type of player that can not stand to die so I really appreciate the tankyness of this build.

I play on Xbox One (console) and everything there is 6 to 8 times as expensive so I had to make some changes. Also, because I play on a controller which makes it harder to deploy stuff (hit buttons) I attempted to "simply" things a little bit. My changes make the build inferior to the design here but IMO it makes it much more playable for console players. I give up a lot of damage for more defense and like I said above simplify the buttons a little. My build is also cheaper as some of the items here are almost non-existent on consoles.

If anyone here is a console player and would like me to share/discuss let me know. I hope to slowly climb this player to lvl 100 in standard which is not doable for any other build I have ever made because I die too much in T16 maps and the EXP penalty becomes too great.

Thanks for build, I play it whenever I get time!
Last edited by Keyser Soze 15 on Feb 26, 2021, 10:50:18 AM
"
echevierra wrote:
"
King_Haart wrote:
Ah, I missed that you had Holy Dominion there. :(

I was able to make up the spell block with 5% on my shield, and 8% from Watchers eye. But since you have the Aura on your shield that might not be an option... or you could go back to Rainbowstride, it'd save you 2 extra points in addition to letting you move that cluster down.

Reason i ditch rainbowstride is because other boots give huge defensive option as long you can solve spell block and resist issue. Tbh my ver is really tight on skill point + gem setup, you can save 1 more gem/get 2 extra skill point and use aegis with spell block instead if i use +1 maximum sentinel helmet. Reason i choose HoP mana reserve helmet is because it give me an option to use another 35% mana reserve aura which you can choose between offensive/defensive aura.

"
veritas1957 wrote:

In addition to piszczel replies, just want to add depend on how you much you want for min-maxing, with ~20-30ex you can beat sirus A9/Maven A9 slowly but not so slow, my guess is 4-10 min, idk about the feared but should be doable(or not). The more you invest on min-max the more dps/tankiness you get so it depend on the willingness to invest this build. Pretty much i saw many guardian reaching lv100 (35+ challenge) with this build with same setup as original (cost less than 30ex). Just gonna mention beforehand this build is more on survivability and not DPS, if you're looking for more DPS with less investment i don't really recommend this build.

Are you talking about BL hiero as mentioned by piszcel or this build?
"
veritas1957 wrote:

Are you talking about BL hiero as mentioned by piszcel or this build?

this build, he mentioned several about this build and i refer to that.
Ok I have to say this build is rediculous I did a sirus kill for a guild mate today. I had massive lag, ping around 300 while playing on his local server and yes I died 3 times but is was easy.

First death was because I casualy typed for 2 minutes while fighting sirus in guild chat and a cloud creeped up on me... the other two death were because I ported inside clouds because of lag. Did I mention that I forgot to slot a "no corrupted blood" jewel... i didnt matter. This build is so crazy tanky its seriously kinda OP. You can literaly, go afk in a T19 100% delirium, take a shit, make coffee and you still stand while beeing surounded by like 100 monsters...

Thx to the OP for making this guide. Yeah people get a bit mad about the OP not making an "optimized build" but tbh this forum is full of shit guides that want people to have watchers eyes with 3 specific mods, megalomaniacs that maybee exist once in a league and timeless jewels that cost a mirror... you dont make a proper build guide by showing off GG gear. You make a guide about stuff that is actually archiveable without having endless currency or a stupid amount of luck. So thx for making that guide :)

Edit: Build can easily tank meteors with molten shell up. I bet if you push it to the extrem you could tank mavens memory game.
Last edited by Zerber on Feb 26, 2021, 8:32:21 PM
Yes the tankiness of this build is something I've been looking for since I started PoE!

As an aside, I'm really liking Divergent Flesh Offering over Spirit Offering. Makes a HUGE difference for clear as the minions really keep up much better and every moment a spider is walking between enemies is lost DPS, plus I expect the attack speed bonus pretty much makes up for the damage bonus from Spirit Offering.

For those who anointed Charisma, was the drop in skill duration from losing one of the 25% nodes noticeable? Particularly thinking about molten shell, spiders and heralds.
"
King_Haart wrote:

For those who anointed Charisma, was the drop in skill duration from losing one of the 25% nodes noticeable? Particularly thinking about molten shell, spiders and heralds.

I don't have charisma, but didn't take the duration node either, and it is fine. Spiders re-summoning is always an annoyance anyhow. I took soul of steel for more res (am at 77/82/78) and armour.

Few questions from me:

1- can Maven be done with OP's build? I estimate I should have 4x650k dps on HoP and 40k per spider, all in optimal conditions. 8.1k ES and 60k armour.

2- why do some players drop cull support from cyclone? Doesn't it make it impossible to generate sentinels during mapping?

3- should I focus now on increasing defence (like maybe a watcher's eye) or dps (see below)?

4- how much currency would it take to improve my dps? My gut feel is to forget about it (helm enchants cost 80ex+, double corrupt skin is also 50ex+). Would moving to an impale rather than bleed build significantly upgrade my dps without destroying my defence?

My build is here: https://pastebin.com/qy8FMS4t

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info