[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
echevierra wrote:
First of all, thanks to Vatinas for providing the general idea of the build, currently at Lv.99 and can beat all content after doing some min-maxing. Big thanks to all you guys that improve and made this build more enjoyable, worth mentioning to Zerber & Noice for giving me idea on how to improve the build that suit me :).

Current Item & Pob:
item

Pob
https://pastebin.com/4tsQWwPd

I find it hard to min-max this to balance between Survivability and DPS, but it's fun because there are many combination you could think of. Just gonna mention before that i use bottled faith just because the feared drop it for me and kinda a waste to sell it.

Right now sitting at 9,7k ES/60k Armour, 2.9m HoP/Sentinel(4) + 78k Spider DPS(Renewal) -- raising up to 3.6m HoP/Sentinel(4) + 92k Spider DPS(Renewal) at maximum pride effect (4s).
Beat Sirus A9 in 3-5m, Maven A9 deathless(memory skip), and The Feared (no-mod). Have not try Blight Map yet but can do 100% delirium map.
Tbh the feared is the only content that quite tricky, and based on my experience killing Atziri first is the key because she hit hard and after she died battle become easier.

Thing left to do for me in this league is getting to Lv.100 and get Corrupted Aegis with Grant Lv # Determination so i can fit cast when stunned for holy relic.

How do you craft the boots and amulet ? Almost done with the league and just wanna try your version of the build.
"
kaorukensi wrote:
could you guys help me take a look at my PoB. my sentinels damages turn out so low is it the real number or the calculation went wrong?

https://pastebin.com/mSmwZiSC

idk but i can't see the pob, empty on me once i the import pastebin link

"
ezarurazvan wrote:

How do you craft the boots and amulet ? Almost done with the league and just wanna try your version of the build.

idk for the boots since i bought it for 10ex and it already got all t1 int + defence + increased duration in one package.
My guess is:
1. Either you buy base elder sorcerer boots with t1 int and increased duration then spam rem/add def once you hit t1 def and hit another with aug def hope it hit t1 or else just stuck with it
or
2. you buy base elder sorcerer boots with t1 int + double t1 def and either aug influence mod/rem-add influence mod hoping it hit the mod you want

Either way both option are too costly, prob better to find alternative boots or just go without increased duration if you're ok with it. I like mine with increased duration because it's QoL that i don't have to frequently recast buff

For Amulet:
1. Buy 2 base amulet(one is the amulet you like to use), one with +1 Strength and one with Pride mana reserve, make sure no other influence mod other than that 2 so it guarantee to carry when you use awakener orb
2. Awakener orb it, hope for 1 open prefix and 1 open suffix, if you get no open prefix/open suffix(and unremoveable with harvest) item pretty much bricked and repeat from step 1 unless you're lucky with annul/beast craft (remove pref/suff add suff/pref)
3. Once you get amulet with +1 Strength, pride mana reserve, 1 open suffix, 1 open prefix, next is to craft "Cannot roll attack mods"
4. Final step is to aug physical and hope it hit +1 physical gem, if not just spam remove/add physical, unless the mod you gain from reforge is already physical then just remove/add physical. Just to let you know that having 0 open suffix after crafting cannot roll attack mods will increase hit chance for + physical gem from 16% to 25%.
Last edited by echevierra on Feb 25, 2021, 5:27:39 PM
"
kaorukensi wrote:
I saw that armor yesterday but when I pm him he said it sold lol

Yeah I guess I was lucky with the timing for once! I did talk to the buyer who was a bit surprised at the demand and I offered to trade if back to them if they wanted to re-list it for a higher price but they were happy enough with 2ex and so I kept it. :)

I did undersell a Watcher's Eye earlier in the day and told that person to keep it too so I guess it might just be that time of the league when people are feeling less competitive and more giving. :)
"
echevierra wrote:
Edit: Thanks for mentioning this, now i know how to fit Sanctum of Thought, sacrificing ~4k armour but think it's still no problem with 57k armor as you get 20% more reduced curse effect and 20% less crit dmg taken

Looking at your tree, now you can get another 16% armor just by switching your path between glancing blows to blue nightmare to run around the bottom instead, then switch the first cluster jewel to run off the armor nodes instead of the +elemental damage nodes. Shouldn't require any extra points, just move the 3 strength nodes from the right of Blue Nightmare to run down from the Glancing Nodes/Sanctuary strength node to the Sanctum of Thought strength node instead.
My cheers to Topic Starter!

I liked your build in 3.12!
Would like to see, how it works now in 3.13?)
Do u have any recent video of killing Uatziri or Uelder?
Or may be other guys, who use this amazing build have some video or can stream some in discord /make a showcase? ^^

Thank you in advance!

P.s. I liked it alot!)))
"
King_Haart wrote:
"
echevierra wrote:
Edit: Thanks for mentioning this, now i know how to fit Sanctum of Thought, sacrificing ~4k armour but think it's still no problem with 57k armor as you get 20% more reduced curse effect and 20% less crit dmg taken

Looking at your tree, now you can get another 16% armor just by switching your path between glancing blows to blue nightmare to run around the bottom instead, then switch the first cluster jewel to run off the armor nodes instead of the +elemental damage nodes. Shouldn't require any extra points, just move the 3 strength nodes from the right of Blue Nightmare to run down from the Glancing Nodes/Sanctuary strength node to the Sanctum of Thought strength node instead.

While i appreciate your input but sadly i can't do that, it require extra point otherwise i can't spec into holy dominion or i'm the one not seeing where to path, also holy dominion requires at least 4 point no matter which route you take.
Losing holy dominion mean i need 7% spell block and 12%+ fire/cold resist.
I know a way to solve this and obtain extra 1 skill point but it really costly (i expect ~20ex just to get this) since the only way i can get resist rn is from amulet/boots, prob glove if i have decent one.
Ah, I missed that you had Holy Dominion there. :(

I was able to make up the spell block with 5% on my shield, and 8% from Watchers eye. But since you have the Aura on your shield that might not be an option... or you could go back to Rainbowstride, it'd save you 2 extra points in addition to letting you move that cluster down.
"
King_Haart wrote:
"
I'm very happy with my tree...

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing your build, I've liberally copied a lot of it and I think my tree has improved a lot. Getting a Watcher's eye with +ES from Clarity adds >1K ES which is pretty major, and I also was lucky enough to also have a Timeless jewel with the same Slumlord position as you (56980 Caspiro coins in my case). The Watcher's Eye has Spell Block too so I was able to switch out the the Rainbowstride boots for these instead which lets me comfortably cap resists and the extra 5% movement speed is definitely noticeable IMO:

I've kept Redemption pathed for now, since I'm only one level away from being able to allocate my last cluster jewel path (another Stalwart Commander). My gear is a fair bit behind yours in terms of Mana so I'm only at 8.3K ES and 77K Armor but it's still a nice upgrade from where I was at under 7K ES and <70K Armor.

Was also very lucky yesterday and got this for 2ex, looks like I'll be running Impale and Dread Banner like some of the other folks on here! Still need to get my +4 Empower and anoint Charisma instead of Exceptional Performance before switching though.

Happy to hear it! On the armour front, you've got 23% unreserved mana which is just waiting to be turned in to more armour with the Memory Vault. Easiest way to reserve more mana is levelling up Clarity, which should just be strictly better for you I think. I spent an embarrassing amount of time in PoB working out what would give me as much reserved as possible while leaving enough for Carrion Golem in the off-hand by changing the supports for Herald - I ended up with both Brutality and Melee Phys Damage to suck up more mana, as I recall.

Amusingly, I think DPS wise the best thing for me to be doing is pathing back to Redemption with my next few skill points!

I've also just switched to an Impale support tree (took me from 830k DPS to just over 1 million per sentinel in PoB), and done same the work there in terms of finding that sweet spot for mana reservation as well if anyone is interested in seeing what that looks like. Ended up having to drop a First Among Equals for a Master of Command, but maybe there's a better solution I've not found yet!

I also found that I couldn't get notables in the order I wanted on the large clusters (only needed one Rotten Claws for 100% impale for Herald, and a second Rotten Claws for just the spiders' benefit didn't seem worth it), so I've ended up with a 1-notable, 35% increased effect minion damage large cluster which is new for me but did seem to be the best I could do in terms of DPS in PoB. Would be really interested in knowing if anyone has any insight there.

This build is now the second to give me a deathless Sirus A8 kill - the first was last league with the Aurastacking Carrion Golems, and while it's nowhere near as good as that build was it's still clearly able to make up the deficit in player skill required for me!
Last edited by Myrmios on Feb 26, 2021, 4:27:52 AM
I want to change my Inquisitor to this build. I have about to 25-30 ex. If we are talking about min-maxing this build how much currency i need to do this.

Is it possible to clear whole content with 20-25 ex? I see in the guide item's search pages. Item doesn't cost that much but the problem is jewels and awakened/alternate gems and also maybe good worm flask. Do you describe a total cost for this build?
Quick question: for the timeless jewels, oubviously the seed is important, but is the Name too? Is a Capsiro seed X jewel the same for nodes (Keystones are different ofc) as a seed X Cadiro/Victario?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info