[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Zerber wrote:
"
Zepepsico wrote:

Thanks.
One more question: why no cull on cyclone? You have it elsewhere or not needed to refresh HoP?

It doesnt make a difference imo and also when you spiders kill something with their poison it counts as your kill. All damage over time kills no matter whats the source always counts as your personal kill, its a "feature" of PoE that was never changed. That means spiders refresh themself all the time anyway (and purity sentinels too).

how do you have enough mana for your HoP if you skip the HoP mana reserve node?
First of all, thanks to Vatinas for providing the general idea of the build, currently at Lv.99 and can beat all content after doing some min-maxing. Big thanks to all you guys that improve and made this build more enjoyable, worth mentioning to Zerber & Noice for giving me idea on how to improve the build that suit me :).

Current Item & Pob:
item

Pob
https://pastebin.com/4tsQWwPd

I find it hard to min-max this to balance between Survivability and DPS, but it's fun because there are many combination you could think of. Just gonna mention before that i use bottled faith just because the feared drop it for me and kinda a waste to sell it.

Right now sitting at 9,7k ES/60k Armour, 2.9m HoP/Sentinel(4) + 78k Spider DPS(Renewal) -- raising up to 3.6m HoP/Sentinel(4) + 92k Spider DPS(Renewal) at maximum pride effect (4s).
Beat Sirus A9 in 3-5m, Maven A9 deathless(memory skip), and The Feared (no-mod). Have not try Blight Map yet but can do 100% delirium map.
Tbh the feared is the only content that quite tricky, and based on my experience killing Atziri first is the key because she hit hard and after she died battle become easier.

Thing left to do for me in this league is getting to Lv.100 and get Corrupted Aegis with Grant Lv # Determination so i can fit cast when stunned for holy relic.
I noticed that some builds here try to get a lot of cooldown reduction for Crusader Slam, while others forgo it completely.

Is there any way in PoB to look at exactly how much Crusader Slam contributes to overall dps?

It changes quite a bit the choice of cluster jewels and gem choice.
"
echevierra wrote:
I find it hard to min-max this to balance between Survivability and DPS, but it's fun because there are many combination you could think of. Just gonna mention before that i use bottled faith just because the feared drop it for me and kinda a waste to sell it.

Another impressive (and expensive!) build :)

Quick question: you don't seem to have 100% curse reduction, and no flask against curses. Given that your resistance has no buffer, could that explain why you may have survivability issues?

Isn't Sanctum of thought a must have for this build?
"
Zepepsico wrote:
"
echevierra wrote:

Another impressive (and expensive!) build :)

Quick question: you don't seem to have 100% curse reduction, and no flask against curses. Given that your resistance has no buffer, could that explain why you may have survivability issues?

Isn't Sanctum of thought a must have for this build?

I don't really pay attention to curses while mapping since i can still tank fine, still vulnerable to one-shot but that's like maven-buffed atziri or unblockable/big dmg like corpse explosion. No matter how tanky/how big dps this build is, still can't tank DoT and that sucks.
Imo sanctum of thought is a nice defensive layer if you can path to it, since i can't or else i need to reallocate skill tree again. For me losing 20% dmg rec from critical strikes, 20% reduced curses effect and 58% armour(pathing) is a fine trade-off for 6 skill point.

Edit: Thanks for mentioning this, now i know how to fit Sanctum of Thought, sacrificing ~4k armour but think it's still no problem with 57k armor as you get 20% more reduced curse effect and 20% less crit dmg taken
Last edited by echevierra on Feb 25, 2021, 11:22:35 AM
"
kaorukensi wrote:
"
Zerber wrote:
"
Zepepsico wrote:

Thanks.
One more question: why no cull on cyclone? You have it elsewhere or not needed to refresh HoP?

It doesnt make a difference imo and also when you spiders kill something with their poison it counts as your kill. All damage over time kills no matter whats the source always counts as your personal kill, its a "feature" of PoE that was never changed. That means spiders refresh themself all the time anyway (and purity sentinels too).

how do you have enough mana for your HoP if you skip the HoP mana reserve node?

Im using cluster jewel nodes that reduce determination & discipline mana reservation. Its way more node efficient because you use one or two points instead of 5 to archive the same thing.
Last edited by Zerber on Feb 25, 2021, 2:11:02 PM
could you guys help me take a look at my PoB. my sentinels damages turn out so low is it the real number or the calculation went wrong?

https://pastebin.com/mSmwZiSC
"
I'm very happy with my tree, which is similar, with zero megalomaniacs. I've replaced them with Aura clusters with First Among Equals/Stalwart Commander as the notables, and socketed Intelligence//Armour Split Personalities in the jewel sockets. I have a Timeless Jewel that gives me Slumlord at Arcanist's Dominion, but nothing else. PoB has me at 9k ES, 83k Armour and 830k DPS per Sentinel with the CIP weapon switch. Still missing Awakened Multistrike, and I certainly don't have that awesome double-corrupted Skin of the Loyal which would really help those numbers...

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing your build, I've liberally copied a lot of it and I think my tree has improved a lot. Getting a Watcher's eye with +ES from Clarity adds >1K ES which is pretty major, and I also was lucky enough to also have a Timeless jewel with the same Slumlord position as you (56980 Caspiro coins in my case). The Watcher's Eye has Spell Block too so I was able to switch out the the Rainbowstride boots for these instead which lets me comfortably cap resists and the extra 5% movement speed is definitely noticeable IMO:

I've kept Redemption pathed for now, since I'm only one level away from being able to allocate my last cluster jewel path (another Stalwart Commander). My gear is a fair bit behind yours in terms of Mana so I'm only at 8.3K ES and 77K Armor but it's still a nice upgrade from where I was at under 7K ES and <70K Armor.

Was also very lucky yesterday and got this for 2ex, looks like I'll be running Impale and Dread Banner like some of the other folks on here! Still need to get my +4 Empower and anoint Charisma instead of Exceptional Performance before switching though.

"
King_Haart wrote:
"
I'm very happy with my tree, which is similar, with zero megalomaniacs. I've replaced them with Aura clusters with First Among Equals/Stalwart Commander as the notables, and socketed Intelligence//Armour Split Personalities in the jewel sockets. I have a Timeless Jewel that gives me Slumlord at Arcanist's Dominion, but nothing else. PoB has me at 9k ES, 83k Armour and 830k DPS per Sentinel with the CIP weapon switch. Still missing Awakened Multistrike, and I certainly don't have that awesome double-corrupted Skin of the Loyal which would really help those numbers...

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing your build, I've liberally copied a lot of it and I think my tree has improved a lot. Getting a Watcher's eye with +ES from Clarity adds >1K ES which is pretty major, and I also was lucky enough to also have a Timeless jewel with the same Slumlord position as you (56980 Caspiro coins in my case). The Watcher's Eye has Spell Block too so I was able to switch out the the Rainbowstride boots for these instead which lets me comfortably cap resists and the extra 5% movement speed is definitely noticeable IMO:

I've kept Redemption pathed for now, since I'm only one level away from being able to allocate my last cluster jewel path (another Stalwart Commander). My gear is a fair bit behind yours in terms of Mana so I'm only at 8.3K ES and 77K Armor but it's still a nice upgrade from where I was at under 7K ES and <70K Armor.

Was also very lucky yesterday and got this for 2ex, looks like I'll be running Impale and Dread Banner like some of the other folks on here! Still need to get my +4 Empower and anoint Charisma instead of Exceptional Performance before switching though.

I saw that armor yesterday but when I pm him he said it sold lol
Last edited by kaorukensi on Feb 25, 2021, 3:44:13 PM
I played this build a few leagues ago and I just wanted to drop by and say that this build is still my favourite in the game. It feels nice how everything snaps into place once you've got all the pieces. Highly recommended.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info